NCL late flight home

I've not been on NCL but expect you will likely be asked to leave by 9:00 or maybe 10:00 at the latest.  

We had a very similar situation in Vancouver.   While we were not excited about the the debark tour, we took it as an alternative to sitting in the airport with our bag for hours.  At least we got to see some countryside.  

Conversely, when faced with that situation in Buenos Aires, we decided to just hang at the airport.  It turned out to be a very bad idea.   That airport wasn't really comfortable on the public side of the security areas.   

I'm not that familiar with MIA to know if it is a comfortable place to hang out.   

I would  find a day room at a local hotel & enjoy  the area  (if possible)  until time to head to the airport

Check the Florida  departures forum as this has been discussed before with travellers from the UK

• Like 1

Get a room on the beach; I'd call them to be sure of an early checkin.  Many hotels have 'day rates', but get the details before booking.  Enjoy your day and board your flight relaxed and happy.

On 7/30/2022 at 12:26 PM, ldubs said:

We had a very similar situation in Vancouver.   While we were not excited about the the debark tour, we took it as an alternative to sitting in the airport with our bag for hours.  At least we got to see some countryside

I did the same thing in Vancouver - I stashed my bag with at the hotel near the port ($5 WELL spent) and did a tour I booked separately from the cruise line.

@lovetocruise1953 there's a hotel AT the Miami airport, you could book a room there.  https://miahotel.com As others have said - the cruise line wants you off the ship ASAP so they can "zero" the passenger count to start boarding the next cruise.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sanger727 said:

We have also rented a car in that situation. Stored our luggage in the trunk and spent the day doing activities. Returned it at the airport for our flight. 

This would be my recommendation. It allows you to have full control over where you go, what you do, where you want to eat, etc. etc. 

On 7/30/2022 at 9:12 AM, lovetocruise1953 said:

Hi our flight out of Miami to LHR from our NCL cruise is at 20.00

I know there are debark tours but what happens if you don't want to do a tour, do they make you leave the ship early in the day?

I have some experience with Miami, fly American out of Miami.  Last time, found I could check my luggage in early because I was coming from a cruise but I could not enter the restricted area until about 2 hours prior to the flight.    Alternative there is a Hilton hotel near Miami airport you might be able to check in for a day and relax there.   My experience is pre covid. 

On 7/31/2022 at 2:28 PM, lovetocruise1953 said:

A day room is a good idea, we have 3 nights pre cruise at the Pestana South Beach so maybe they do day rooms, I will enquire 

Definitely ask them *while* you are staying there.

Also, they are much more likely to help you by making advance arrangements to store your bags for that day while you are a current guest, vs. some arbitrary person walking up to the hotel and asking, if you are not arranging a day room for that day.

While you are a guest, they are very likely to want to do their best to please you.

GC