Oasis is gone for July 2023?

Hi all,

Apologies if this was posted already (the search function on my phone isn’t terribly reliable) but we just booked the Oasis for 7/14/23.  My in laws went to look today and all Oasis sailings in July of 2023 are off the site?

What the heck?  I’m an extremely inconsistent cruiser so I don’t know if this is normal or what it means but when I was on there last night there seemed to be plenty of availability in some classes so I can’t see it being sold out.

Help a girl out here, please and thank you!

I hope it gets available, we are suppose to be on the 8/4/23 sailing.

mac_tlc

Edited to add: All of the June 2023 sailings, except for 6/30, are also unavailable on the TA web site. May is still there, as is August. I will make an educated (?) guess that the missing sailings are the ones when Oasis is scheduled to depart on Friday for 7 day sailings. In May it departs on Sundays, and then in August onwards it’s Sunday. I am going to guess it’s an itinerary issue. 

Edited by mac_tlc

29 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

I will make an educated (?) guess that the missing sailings are the ones when Oasis is scheduled to depart on Friday for 7 day sailings. In May it departs on Sundays, and then in August onwards it’s Sunday. I am going to guess it’s an itinerary issue. 

June 30th and August 4th are also Friday departures, but you may be on to something. Maybe they are in the process of shifting sailings by a day or 2. I know they've had some marine traffic right away issues this summer and had to move Oasis away from the pier during boarding,  and those were on Fridays. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, robmtx said:

June 30th and August 4th are also Friday departures, but you may be on to something. Maybe they are in the process of shifting sailings by a day or 2. I know they've had some marine traffic right away issues this summer and had to move Oasis away from the pier during boarding,  and those were on Fridays. 

The August 4th one is 9 nights,  as it is the cruise when they switch back to Sunday departures. 

We were on the 5/1 sailing this year, a Sunday, and they had to move away from the pier to let a cargo ship out. Made for a congested mess for checkin.

mac_tlc

2 hours ago, LSKPR said:

They have moved some ships around due to a new speed regulation. I haven't seen anything about Oasis but I'm not sure if they are continuing to make changes or not. 

Can someone clearly explain to me this New Speed Regulation is?  and what effect it has on some ships and not on others? I thought all their cruise ships can travel at pretty close to all the same speeds?

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Can someone clearly explain to me this New Speed Regulation is?  and what effect it has on some ships and not on others? I thought all their cruise ships can travel at pretty close to all the same speeds?

No one seems to know, other than some recent open ended guidance to slow down to help the environment 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Especially the Voyager and Adventure switch, no idea how that can be about speed.

• Like 2

I'm booked to cruise on Oasis June 30.  Just did a quick search and I'm still seeing it on the site when I search for it and it's still showing on the cruise planner.  We got a steal of a price on that cruise.  I won't be happy if it's cancelled LOL

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

All the sailings are back up now with original dates

Thanks, good to know. I was price matching my June oasis cruise last night and my cruise wasn’t on there any longer. My fear was they were moving ships around and I was going to be stuck with a small ship! 😆 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

All the sailings are back up now with original dates

Glad to hear you see them! Of course a company like Royal has load balanced web servers and I'm still not seeing them even after refreshing and doing another browser, so appreciate the confirmation!

image.png.a870d6a086535146a3b9e241407b0923.png

15 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

I hope it gets available, we are suppose to be on the 8/4/23 sailing.

mac_tlc

Edited to add: All of the June 2023 sailings, except for 6/30, are also unavailable on the TA web site. May is still there, as is August. I will make an educated (?) guess that the missing sailings are the ones when Oasis is scheduled to depart on Friday for 7 day sailings. In May it departs on Sundays, and then in August onwards it’s Sunday. I am going to guess it’s an itinerary issue. 

We're on 8/4, as well. Didn't think it possible for Oasis to have a better itinerary than whatever other ship is based out of CL for the 9-nighters, but alas, '23 Oasis wins hands down.