Northern Europe 2024 wonderings

While waiting for the new schedule to come out, I am just musing about the ships that might be located out of Southampton, Amsterdam and Copenhagen. Gonna guess Anthem will be back to Southampton and Jewel to Amsterdam but will Voyager make a return to Copenhagen for 2024 or has that ship sailed 😀

Anyone want to take a guess at which ships might make it acrross the pond?

1 hour ago, beardedladies said:

I do hope we get something other than Anthem - while I love the ship as we mostly sail from Southampton it would be nice for a little variety. Even a different ship of the same class, at least shows would be different. 

I was thinking the same! At least a different ship so there are different shows! How many times can we watch Spectre’s ?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, texmex.ferr said:

i would think Oasis would be back in Europe in 2024, it would be due it's dry dock then, since it was last over for that in 2019, when the crane accident happened in the Bahamas dry dock!!!!

It may be in Europe but not sailing the ports that the Op mentioned. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

It may be in Europe but not sailing the ports that the Op mentioned. 

Your reply is relevant to all of the ships mentioned.   No one knows which ports the ships will sail until it's published.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, little britain said:

I was thinking the same! At least a different ship so there are different shows! How many times can we watch Spectre’s ?!

Pretty sure Freedom was in Pt Canaveral 10+ years

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, texmex.ferr said:

Your reply is relevant to all of the ships mentioned.   No one knows which ports the ships will sail until it's published.   

Oasis will not, repeat, will not, sail from Copenhagen, Southampton, or Amsterdam

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, little britain said:

yes I agree.  I know they sent the Indy to UK for a few years and folks got tired of it too.

They should send an Oasis class up to uk.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, texmex.ferr said:

and then once published it gets changed twice and cancelled.

I had a great 7 days cruise on Voyager doing just Oslo and another port as well as two places in Denmark.  Was unique but then first ship switch and then ship cancel.   Why can't they do more cruises to the nice ports in Demark and also Visby Sweden.   oh well

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

yes I agree.  I know they sent the Indy to UK for a few years and folks got tired of it too.

Even if they sent Quantum or Ovation, at least it would be different shows and different decor!! 
Or Odyssey or Spectrum. Mix it up a bit.

But please not Independence ( as I definitely couldn’t watch Grease again!)

Oasis is not good option because of the weather.
But if Mr B is true to his word then we are getting Icon ( probably for one cruise only!)  

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

and then once published it gets changed twice and cancelled.

I had a great 7 days cruise on Voyager doing just Oslo and another port as well as two places in Denmark.  Was unique but then first ship switch and then ship cancel.   Why can't they do more cruises to the nice ports in Demark and also Visby Sweden.   oh well

Yes, that is definately one that I am interested in but Voyager has disappeared for 2023.

49 minutes ago, little britain said:

Even if they sent Quantum or Ovation, at least it would be different shows and different decor!! 
Or Odyssey or Spectrum. Mix it up a bit.

But please not Independence ( as I definitely couldn’t watch Grease again!)

Oasis is not good option because of the weather.
But if Mr B is true to his word then we are getting Icon ( probably for one cruise only!)  

Icon is far too big for me. Quantum class may be pushing it but might be ok outside of school holidays.

Michael Bayley described the 5,000-passenger Icon of the Seas – which will the first new class of ship for Royal Caribbean since 2014 – as the line’s “newest class of genuinely game changing ships”, which he said the line had spent five years designing.

He stressed the importance of the UK market which he said had been significant to the line “almost since the beginning of the company”.

“I don’t see that ever changing,” he added. “In fact, it’s so important that I promise you will bring Icon of the Seas into Southampton. The UK will be the first country and market that we will bring this incredible ship into [when it launches] in 2023.

“We’ll do a huge trade event in the UK and Ireland – we’ll invite all of our travel partners to see the biggest, best, most stunning exciting product on the planet. I can’t commit on the date,” he said, adding: “But it’s going to be around October time."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sowhat said:

Michael Bayley described the 5,000-passenger Icon of the Seas – which will the first new class of ship for Royal Caribbean since 2014 – as the line’s “newest class of genuinely game changing ships”, which he said the line had spent five years designing.

He stressed the importance of the UK market which he said had been significant to the line “almost since the beginning of the company”.

“I don’t see that ever changing,” he added. “In fact, it’s so important that I promise you will bring Icon of the Seas into Southampton. The UK will be the first country and market that we will bring this incredible ship into [when it launches] in 2023.

“We’ll do a huge trade event in the UK and Ireland – we’ll invite all of our travel partners to see the biggest, best, most stunning exciting product on the planet. I can’t commit on the date,” he said, adding: “But it’s going to be around October time."

I read that as one trade event sailing out of Southampton and then it’ll head for warmer places. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

I read that as one trade event sailing out of Southampton and then it’ll head for warmer places. 

I  think so to.

If Mr Bayley  is as good as his word
and bring Icon of the Seas  to Southampton for a trade advent

Edited by sowhat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Billy Baltic said:

That’s how I interpret it too….. one short cruise then she’s outta here!!!  
Box ticking exercise done. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Hello,

No, I don't think we got tired of it, we didn't like what Royal had done to it and what it had become.

Specifically: The introduction of c100 new cabins (and loss of general space); the introduction of Playmakers  (AKA Cirrhosis of the Seas) to satisfy those that looked upon a drinks package as less of an opportunity and more of a challenge; the removal of the Concierge Lounge; the transformation of the card room to make the Suite Lounge.

The ONLY thing I liked was the move of the library to the former Connoisseur Club.

Regards,

Cublet

You can book a ship for Europe the minute the itenaries are released however knowing RCI give it 6 months and either the ship will be swapped for something else or cancelled all together. 

It does seem recently that Europe gets whatever is left over from the fleet (excluding oasis class out of Barcelona and oydessy in Greece) that has been deployed from the US Ports. 

My prediction is that Anthem will stay in Southampton due to the weather round Northern Europe. An oasis class will probably do the Central med from Barcelona/Rome and the Eastern med will probably be covered by Oydessy and another vison class vessel that will be porting all over the place. 

Just my thoughts and could be wrong however 🙂

• Like 1