Laundry Prices

slimbyspring

Curious if anyone knows the prices of having Carnival do a "bag" of laundry?  Is it by piece?  We are debating on trying to get everything into 2 carry-ons instead of checking a bag (more due to not knowing if your suitcase will make it to final destination), but we may need to do a few items to make it through the whole week.

Diamond here and get free laundry service so I can’t speak on price but I did want to mention that on my last several cruises this year, the clothes maybe washed but they do not come back smelling good. I can only assume with the cutbacks they cut out laundry detergent.  I have preferred paying and using the machines and doing my own laundry. But that’s me 😀

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nol4am said:

Diamond here and get free laundry service so I can’t speak on price but I did want to mention that on my last several cruises this year, the clothes maybe washed but they do not come back smelling good. I can only assume with the cutbacks they cut out laundry detergent.  I have preferred paying and using the machines and doing my own laundry. But that’s me 😀

Oh, bad smell would not be good - ick!  We were sent laundry twice on the Elation in April and it came back just fine with no bad smell.   

16 hours ago, nol4am said:

They just use regular old laundry soap, they can't use anything with scent or perfumes to it as so many people have allergies. Thank God you told us you were Diamond though, I can't imagine what I would have done had I not known.

• Haha 6

I've used the laundry service  maybe 30 times for tees, briefs, sox and shorts, haven't had any issues with fading, folding, odors, etc.

One bag  used to cost $19.99, but there was usually one day where a discount was offered on a 7 day cruise.

• Like 1

I love the laundry service.  Where else do my undies get folded? Lol.  And 99 % of the time it comes back still warm.  I don’t know why, love it!

I’m Diamond so don’t pay, but even before that, the special was great..a bag for $15. Get creative, you can fit a lot in that bag.  🙂

My personal experiences have not been as good as mentioned above.  I found items came back washed out and color faded - and one time a stain that wasn't there before hand.

I stopped using them, and just do a quick load myself.  

We haved used Laundry on Carnival and Royal countless times never a problem , we normally have them do it where the hang it up pay a little extra .  But have also used wash and fold as well on things like underwear and PJ and whatever will do it again. 

On 8/4/2022 at 5:06 PM, mz-s said:

Thank God you told us you were Diamond though, I can't imagine what I would have done had I not known.

Well....considering part of the question from the author was asking about prices it was meaningful since they would not know the prices since it is an included perk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2022 at 4:06 PM, mz-s said:

They just use regular old laundry soap, they can't use anything with scent or perfumes to it as so many people have allergies. Thank God you told us you were Diamond though, I can't imagine what I would have done had I not known.

Your an ass. Green must look good on you. 

Edited by nol4am
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/4/2022 at 5:06 PM, mz-s said:

That was a harsh statement from someone that is gold towards someone that has achieved Diamond status and has sailed on Carnival three times the amount of nights you have.  Since they probably earned the free laundry perk before you even took your first Carnival cruise, you over stepped your bounds.  You may disagree with someone but at least give them the proper respect they deserve after having sailed on Carnival for over 200 nights.

• Haha 2