Have It All Cruise Package - Gratuities Removed?

Hello Fellow Cruise Enthusiasts,

I just joined today and have a courtesy hold for a Verandah on the Koningsdam's 7-Day Alaskan Inside Passage happening Sept 10 to 17.

I just noticed though, that gratuities are no longer listed or don't appear to be covered?

Is that the case?

Thanks,

TTN

2 minutes ago, -The-True-North- said:

Hello Fellow Cruise Enthusiasts,

I just joined today and have a courtesy hold for a Verandah on the Koningsdam's 7-Day Alaskan Inside Passage happening Sept 10 to 17.

I just noticed though, that gratuities are no longer listed or don't appear to be covered?

Is that the case?

Thanks,

TTN

Inclusion of gratuities in the package is offered periodically in some short-term promotions.  Gratuities are not normally included in the HIA package outside of those promotions.

You have to watch overall booking pricing though.  Sometimes promotions will include things like gratuities but they increase the base cruise fare to essentially be the same overall price.  Some promotional offerings truly are a good deal...you just have to watch the overall price.

• Like 2

Pretty sure they haven't been in the HIA for many months.

I cruised Eurodam in November and they were included, but there were no shore excursions included.

I added it to my Zuiderdam Alaska sailings for 6/1 & 6/8 and there were no grats, but had the excursion credits.

I'd prefer the original version since I rarely take ship excursions, but it would seem that HIA now has drinks, dining, wi-fi, and excursions.

I also thought that you got 3 specialty dinners on longer sailings, but I just added it to the Rotterdam TA for next April (16 nights) and it only includes 2 dinners.  Oh well.  I still think it's a pretty good deal.

• Like 1

Appreciate the responses.

Sorry for the Newb follow up question... So if i add the Have It All package for $50 pp/pd, what does "with service charges on us" include? So drinks under $11 will be "free" but then a tip will be added? Or is the tip the service charges?

@-The-True-North-You can order any drink you want that is less than $11 and it is fully included in HIA.  The normal service charge (which is the same thing as a tip) is included in HIA package.  If you don't have HIA, you have to pay for the drink plus a mandatory service charge.  Of course in both cases, you are free to give an additional small tip to a bartender but it is not expected nor required.  So basically with HIA, all drinks up to $11 are fully included, up to the 15 drink per day limit per person (I can't imagine how anybody could run up against that limit, even drinking lots of water as part of it).

The service charge for your stateroom is usually not included in the HIA package, unless it explicitly says it is, which as others have said, is pretty rare.

Edited by Torquer
  • Like 1

HAL has been tinkering with HIA using different bonuses for different sales.  You can see which HIA you have by scrolling down to the bottom of the confirmation invoice, it will detail the perks you got

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, -The-True-North- said:

Thank you everyone for providing that clarity.

On a side note: Does HAL reach out regularly to try and up-sell the "Have It All" package or a Suite?

As you get close to your cruise date, somewhere between 2 to 4 weeks, you should contact them if you are interested.  They occasionally reach out for upsells and if you watch your “manage your cruise” page on the website sometimes they will have offer HIA at a lower price.  But again, in my experience, the best discounts are given to those who ask 

2 hours ago, -The-True-North- said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

The current offer that includes the room gratuities (aka Crew Appreciation) is the Book Early & Save promo and applies to 2023 cruises that have that little icon in the corner when viewed on the HAL webpage. If your K'dam 9/10-17 refers to this year, the grats would not be included, "just" the normal Have-It-All if you choose "BEST VALUE". There are no additional service charge ("tips") applied to the Signature Beverage Plan in the HIA.

Book Early + Save.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, -The-True-North- said:

I see that crew appreciation is now back to being included on the Have it All AND the base fee for my upcoming Sept 10 Alaska cruise.

Can I talk to my PCC, to have these retroactively added to my booking now?

You are well beyond Final Payment Date so re-faring is not usual. But e-mail your PCC and see what they say... Good luck!

• Like 2

On 8/4/2022 at 6:46 PM, -The-True-North- said:

Thank you everyone for providing that clarity.

On a side note: Does HAL reach out regularly to try and up-sell the "Have It All" package or a Suite?

They reached out to us about 6 weeks before our cruise with an upsell offer for our room. 

13 hours ago, crystalspin said:

You are well beyond Final Payment Date so re-faring is not usual. But e-mail your PCC and see what they say... Good luck!

My Family had to cancel their November cruise, but I'm still going.  I did not book the Have it All package because they are not drinkers.

Once they canceled, I called my travel agent to ask if it was too late (family canceled on the last day of payment, but didn't let me know until next day), to add the Have it All.

He called and you have until the day before you leave to add package.

Because I am suspicious, I called HAL to confirm.  They did.  So 2 weeks after making my final payment, I added the package.

I booked a cruise this morning and I also see the gratuities being included. Only the 1st and 2nd guest have the gratuities included. My 3rd and 4th guest still must pay them.

Side question, does it say anywhere in your account that the beverage package and wifi are included in your reservation? I booked through a travel agent who ended up booking everything over the phone with HAL. I can see the 1 night of dinning and $100 of shore credit but I cannot see the beverage package or wifi. And they're still advertising the "Have it all!" package to me even though it should have already been purchased.

52 minutes ago, smashedpumpkins said:

Side question, does it say anywhere in your account that the beverage package and wifi are included in your reservation? I booked through a travel agent who ended up booking everything over the phone with HAL. I can see the 1 night of dinning and $100 of shore credit but I cannot see the beverage package or wifi. And they're still advertising the "Have it all!" package to me even though it should have already been purchased.

If you rec'd a Booking Confirmation from HAL, way at the end (third page?) It should look like pic I'm attaching. You may not have rec'd this -- your TA would have, and should have given you a document that shows the same information.

You are correct: I cannot find the info on the dashboard, AND it is still possible to buy beverage packages and the Premium Internet, redundantly, ahead of time!

Riviera Services.jpg

1 hour ago, crystalspin said:

I think @-The-True-North- wants to add HIA for no cost, as if it were the current promo...

Not quite.

I did purchase HIA this week on Monday.

Today, (3 days later), they are now including the Grats for the same price.

I have emailed my PCC to see if she can simply add the additional Grats to my have it all.

• Like 1

Just now, -The-True-North- said:

Not quite.

I did purchase HIA this week on Monday.

Today, (3 days later), they are now including the Grats for the same price.

I have emailed my PCC to see if she can simply add the additional Grats to my have it all.

Oh right! I forgot which thread I was on!!! 

I noticed today the Crew Appreciation is even coming up on "Best Price" (non-HIA) fares. My head is spinning.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crystalspin said:

If you rec'd a Booking Confirmation from HAL, way at the end (third page?) It should look like pic I'm attaching. You may not have rec'd this -- your TA would have, and should have given you a document that shows the same information.

You are correct: I cannot find the info on the dashboard, AND it is still possible to buy beverage packages and the Premium Internet, redundantly, ahead of time!

Riviera Services.jpg

Thank you for the reply. I did not receive the attachment you sent but it's good to hear your dashboard shows similar information and options. I called HAL earlier and they confirmed I have the "Have it all!" package on my reservation.

• Like 1

PCC got back to me.

Said sorry, but can't be added.

So even though it's the same price, I don't get it, even though it's part of Have it All.

HAL is really messing this up by having like 100 different versions of this program.

I will just have them removed on ship and pay cash tops then. This just proves to me that these are going to HAL and not the employee.

Edited by -The-True-North-

I will be on the May 23rd Alaska cruise on the konsingdam.  I just booked last week and we have the drink pkg, crew appreciation, Wi-Fi , one specialty dinner, 1$100 shore excursion and kids go free. Not sure what promotion, but I’m very happy ! 

28 minutes ago, -The-True-North- said:

I will just have them removed on ship and pay cash tops then. This just proves to me that these are going to HAL and not the employee.

I think you are being hot-headed. Your experience does not "prove" what you said.

If you remove the Crew Appreciation then any and all of your cash tips must be turned into the kitty to be split by the proportions of the HSC anyway so if you want to reward individuals you must leave the "grats" in place and then give more. 

• Thanks 2