Dyson AirWrap on board?

BenandJess

I wouldnt see why it wouldnt work. Wife is taking her Dyson hair dryer and Dyson flat iron on the Bliss in a week. Make sure you use the correct plug as she blew up her flat iron in Italy the first day of a 15 day trip. Enjoy

Do those devices (the AirWrap, flat iron or the hair dryer) have heating elements in them?  If yes, they're likely to be confiscated - https://www.ncl.com/prohibited-items

• 21. Items brought on board the vessel and not supplied by the Company containing any kind of heating element, such as but not limited to: immersion heaters, heating blankets, clothing irons, water heaters, coffee machines with heating/hot plates, etc.

1 hour ago, hallux said:

Do those devices (the AirWrap, flat iron or the hair dryer) have heating elements in them?  If yes, they're likely to be confiscated - https://www.ncl.com/prohibited-items

• 21. Items brought on board the vessel and not supplied by the Company containing any kind of heating element, such as but not limited to: immersion heaters, heating blankets, clothing irons, water heaters, coffee machines with heating/hot plates, etc.

I see what you are saying but I would guess there would be a huge amount of flat irons that are brought on board. I hope everyone uses common sense and makes sure to unplug those items after use. 

• Like 1

Hair care appliances are the exceptions to the rules about things with heating elements.  However, I have heard reports of Dyson products not working on ships.  This is likely due to the "digital motor" which uses electronics to convert the power, and it likely doesn't like that the "neutral" and "ground" are not at the same voltage, or that the AC power is "dirty" (small voltage spikes) due to the propulsion system.  Some have no problem getting them to work, some do.

• Like 3

We got called down to the naughty room once thinking they found the hidden booze (before drink packages)  but they confiscated the iron instead 🙂 I can't leave home without my hair wrap so that would be a big issue for me !!

Edited by 2boyzmom

1 hour ago, Fifi1910 said:

Both my air wrap and supersonic worked but at a much reduced capacity. Last time I thought I’d go with cabin hairdryer and bring Dyson corrale straightener but it didn’t work at all. 😩

Wife wont be happy if the Corrale doesn't work as we leave next week. I will tell her to charge it up before we leave. 

• 2 weeks later...

I definitely got mine on and it worked fine on the Breakaway, but on the Jade I thought it had been burned out because it worked for about 10 minutes and then just stopped.  I could hear a tiny "whirring" in the motor, and I spent my vacation thinking that I had killed my Dyson.  Thankfully, it still works at home, so I just think it was something in the electrical on the older ships.

4 hours ago, cmecruise1962 said:

Thankfully, it still works at home, so I just think it was something in the electrical on the older ships.

Nothing to do with the age of the ship, it has to do with whether there was a ground fault of some other circuit anywhere on the ship at the time.

Had to google what an airwrap was... never heard of such a thing. As long as I have a brush and a hair clip to keep my hair out of my face, I'm set. 

If the price of these suckers is truly $400 I would just use the hair dryer that's already on board in each room, but that's just me.

• Like 2