Luggage tags

realnice46

Apparently not available at all from my current experience: I board the Eclipse in Vancouver next Sunday, the 14th, and it still says luggage tags not available so I’m assuming at this point they’ve stopped providing the service to have them sent to you pre-printed. 

We sail in 21 days and they are not sending out luggage tags.  You can print them in your cruise docs when it’s available.  We have clear luggage tag holders the size of the tag and you just slide them in.  Not sure where DH found those.  Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 9:32 PM, realnice46 said:

I’ve completed check in for our September Alaska cruise but tags not available yet. How many days prior to cruise should I expect them to become available?

They'll provide them for you at the port.

We sail in 12 days, and we still don’t have our eDocs or luggage tags. I was told they don’t want to hear from us until 7 days before the cruise since they are prioritizing by date. We’ve checked in and have our express pass so seems like it should be pretty easy for them to give us access to our electronic documents.

1 hour ago, tabby50894 said:

We sail in 12 days, and we still don’t have our eDocs or luggage tags. I was told they don’t want to hear from us until 7 days before the cruise since they are prioritizing by date. We’ve checked in and have our express pass so seems like it should be pretty easy for them to give us access to our electronic documents.

I would have countered their rude comment with one of my own and called back. It's one thing for Celebrity to get cheap and not mail our luggage tags out to us anymore but no excuse not to have them ready to print at the 30 day mark. I prefer to have the luggage tags before leaving our house so I can put them on our luggage prior to leaving the pre cruise hotel.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, aruzinski said:

We sail in 21 days and they are not sending out luggage tags.  You can print them in your cruise docs when it’s available.  We have clear luggage tag holders the size of the tag and you just slide them in.  Not sure where DH found those.  Have a great cruise!

I highly recommend! Last cruise the baggage checkers had a nasty time with broken staplers, finding a good one that hadn't come apart. Weird, first time ever. But weird stuff happens all the time.

2 hours ago, Moonarino said:

I highly recommend! Last cruise the baggage checkers had a nasty time with broken staplers, finding a good one that hadn't come apart. Weird, first time ever. But weird stuff happens all the time.

I would have thought the porters used the self adhesive types (like the one Celebrity use to mail us).  That way all they need is a sharpie. 

Edited by davekathy

20 minutes ago, Alaska Lily said:

Sitting here Sunday evening perusing the boards dreaming about our 8/21 Equinox cruise. Silly question.  I have received my E-docs and can print the luggage tags. Is there any reason they should be in color? 

Nope. 

13 hours ago, davekathy said:

I would have thought the porters used the self adhesive types (like the one Celebrity use to mail us).  That way all they need is a sharpie. 

I'd forgotten about those, it's been so long since I had to resort to it. I was referring to the tags I had printed and brought from home and didn't staple together myself. But now that I write those actual words out, I ask myself why I left that for somebody else to do in the first place.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Moonarino said:

Aren't the staterooms zoned by the various colors on the luggage tags? (But maybe still a question as to whether printing in color is helpful or not.)

The question about printing off luggage tags in color has been asked many times on this forum and the RC forum. The answers are always printing luggage tags in color isn't a requirement. I plan on printing our luggage tags (first time for that cruising with Celebrity) in color for our September cruise on the Summit. If color and zone are all that important then all the more reasons for Celebrity to snail mail everyone luggage tags. Most important thing on the luggage tag is the stateroom number. 

Edited by davekathy

13 minutes ago, davekathy said:

The question about printing off luggage tags in color has been asked many times on this forum and the RC forum. The answers are always printing luggage tags in color isn't a requirement. I plan on printing our luggage tags (first time for that cruising with Celebrity) in color for our September cruise on the Summit. If color and zone are all that important then all the more reasons for Celebrity to snail mail everyone luggage tags. Most important thing on the luggage tag is the stateroom number. 

I understand "requirement" versus whether a system exists or not, a system that baggage handlers might at least try to adhere to (and therefore haul a specific luggage cart filled with one-color tags onto the right elevator so as to save time and trouble). Not wanting to belabor, just wondering out loud if printing in color is just possibly a good thing if one can do that.

12 minutes ago, Moonarino said:

I understand "requirement" versus whether a system exists or not, a system that baggage handlers might at least try to adhere to (and therefore haul a specific luggage cart filled with one-color tags onto the right elevator so as to save time and trouble). Not wanting to belabor, just wondering out loud if printing in color is just possibly a good thing if one can do that.

Baggage handlers might sort by color is laughable, grab em and toss em is their credo.  Most important info on the luggage tag is our room number, in color or not, whether we print them at home or let them do it for us at the port, they will make it to the room.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Moonarino said:

You are way over thinking this. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, davekathy said:

You are way over thinking this. 

It would probably just be nice if baggage handler supervisors could actually work a system where a bag meant to go far aft is hauled aft in the first place instead of forward. But instead chaos is the built-in rule? LOT of steps. I was a manager for many years and hate time-and-energy-wasting chaos with a passion, just sayin'.

PS: I also remembered that most of the time baggage carts are hauled up on one specific elevator (or two), but then rolled forward or aft from there. It's the "from there" that is the crux.

Edited by Moonarino
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Moonarino said:

It would probably just be nice if baggage handler supervisors could actually work a system where a bag meant to go far aft is hauled aft in the first place instead of forward. But instead chaos is the built-in rule? LOT of steps. I was a manager for many years and hate time-and-energy-wasting chaos with a passion, just sayin'.

PS: I also remembered that most of the time baggage carts are hauled up on one specific elevator (or two), but then rolled forward or aft from there. It's the "from there" that is the crux.

Way above my pay grade. All I know is I give our luggage to the porters and magically it appears at our stateroom. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Moonarino said:

🙄  I've never not had my luggage delivered to my room in a timely manner.  I don't print my own luggage tags so they are not in color either.