Keep getting emails confusing testing days before cruise.

Pilgrim70

We’re sailing August 13, 2022. Just got another email this morning saying test must be within 2 days before sailing. This also shows up in my Celebrity Apt. 

A few days ago I received an email stating 3 days before sailing  if beginning  after Aug 8. 
wish Celebrity would update their post information. 
we have test  scheduled for Wednesday for our sailing leaving Saturday. 
should I be concerned?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Pilgrim70 said:

We’re sailing August 13, 2022. Just got another email this morning saying test must be within 2 days before sailing. This also shows up in my Celebrity Apt. 

A few days ago I received an email stating 3 days before sailing  if beginning  after Aug 8. 
wish Celebrity would update their post information. 
we have test  scheduled for Wednesday for our sailing leaving Saturday. 
should I be concerned?

What is your sailing info?  How many nights?  From the US or elsewhere?  Are you vaccinated?  all of this makes a difference in testing rules.

1 hour ago, Pilgrim70 said:

Sailing on Infinity from Ft Lauderdale. Starting August 13. Yes vaccinated. For 7 days. Celebrity has all this information. Getting conflicting emails. 

We also received the two different emails and cruise on August 21st.  I'm playing it safe and going with the two day instead of three day.  I was hoping the testing was going to disappear before our cruise but no longer holding my breath for that to happen.  

We're sailing on Aug 13, too, out of Fort Lauderdale (8 nights, fully vaccinated).   Depending on where you look, part of Celebrity's covid testing requirements say two days ahead of sailing and part say three days ahead of sailing.  We have changed our testing dates twice now and decided we'd better go with testing two days ahead of sailing (which for us is Thurs Aug 11).   

• Like 1

This is their FAQ statement for USA cruises effective 8/8/22:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/updated-us-travel-requirements

Vaccinated Guests

For all sailings 5 nights or less, no testing is required.

For all sailings 6 nights or longer, vaccinated guests must present a digital or physical copy of a supervised and negative COVID-19 test result from a test taken within 3 days prior to sailing. Antibody tests are not accepted.

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

This is their FAQ statement for USA cruises effective 8/8/22:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/updated-us-travel-requirements

Vaccinated Guests

For all sailings 5 nights or less, no testing is required.

For all sailings 6 nights or longer, vaccinated guests must present a digital or physical copy of a supervised and negative COVID-19 test result from a test taken within 3 days prior to sailing. Antibody tests are not accepted.

You are absolutely correct.   It does say the Covid test can be taken 3 days prior to sailing for vaccinated guests; however, the issue is that depending on where you look, some places say 3 days and some places say 2 days prior to sailing.   

As an example, on the Celebrity app (for our cruise departing Aug 13) it says:

"Vaccinated guests must present a supervised, negative antigen test result for Covid-19 taken within 2 days prior to sailing."  

And when I go into my Celebrity account on-line for this upcoming cruise, it says:

"Pre-cruise testing
Vaccinated guests must present a supervised, negative antigen test result for COVID-19 taken within 2 days prior to sailing. Unvaccinated guests 2 and older must present a negative PCR test for COVID-19 taken within 3 days prior to sailing, not including the sail day."

However, when I go to Celebrity's Healthy at Sea requirements, which you quoted above, it does say for vaccinated passengers on cruises of 6 days or more to get tested 3 days prior to sailing.

So we (passengers who are sailing soon) are getting mixed messages directly from Celebrity about whether the testing is to take place 2 days or 3 days prior to sailing.

That is why I and others are getting tested 2 days prior to sailing.

Maybe Celebrity will fix this glitch soon as it is very confusion for those who are sailing soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kokopelli-az said:

You are absolutely correct.   It does say the Covid test can be taken 3 days prior to sailing for vaccinated guests; however, the issue is that depending on where you look, some places say 3 days and some places say 2 days prior to sailing. 

Princess does the same confusing thing & they state their Cruise Health webpage has the current accurate information which for PCL was 3 days. Although I understand why some decide to be safe & do it 2 days in advance.

If the requirements are the same for our December cruise will print their 3 day requirement to show if necessary during embarkation. That gives us an extra day to get our PCR test results in case it takes longer than our previous 24-36 hour results from our healthcare provider.

How the bloody hell difficult would it be for corporate to put SOMEBODY in charge of assuring accuracy and consistency in customer communications, especially those items critical to such small things as being allowed to board a ship?  

There's been a "left hand / right hand" problem between those responsible for web pages and email for over a year now on critical protocols.

• Like 3

Healthy At Sea says 3 days prior for cruises departing US ports on and after Aug 8th. Except those going to Bermuda and Canada.  This should be the official and definitive statement.  If I am at a port like FLL and they refuse me with a 3 day test, I would direct them to Healthy At Sea or bring a copy with me.  Of course check frequently for changes.

I am in the same boat (pun intended). Departing on August 20th, but flying in 2 days prior. It’s hectic organizing testing when I land so trying to do it Wednesday, before I leave. And I heard that we cannot have same day testing. Is that true? That was going to be my back up if they didn’t accept the 3-day test results at the port.