Freedom of the seas reservations?

1 minute ago, RCCLNYMETS41 said:

Do we reserve shows and/or specialty restaurants prior to boarding? Or do we make reservations as soon as we board the ship?

There have not been pre-cruise reservations for entertainment since the re-start of cruising in June 2021.

You can reserve specialty restaurants in  your Cruise Planner.

1 hour ago, RCCLNYMETS41 said:

Do we reserve shows and/or specialty restaurants prior to boarding? Or do we make reservations as soon as we board the ship?

no, really don't need them for Freedom.  Walk right into the Ice Show and other shows.  We do it all the time, they don't even look at your card.

5 hours ago, RCCLNYMETS41 said:

Are the specialty restaurants available in the cruise planner ahead of time, or do we need to wait until we’re on board?

If you buy one specialty restaurant yes, well in advance of cruise. 

If you buy a package of several meals you pick a time on first day and they may make a reservation for you.  The remaining reservations can be made at any specialty restaurant or the booking desk when you get onboard.  You can also change the placeholder reservation.  Be prepared for not getting the specific time/place you want depending on how many people booked a specific restaurant at the time you would like.

38 minutes ago, LeeW said:

If you buy one specialty restaurant yes, well in advance of cruise. 

If you buy a package of several meals you pick a time on first day and they may make a reservation for you.  The remaining reservations can be made at any specialty restaurant or the booking desk when you get onboard.  You can also change the placeholder reservation.  Be prepared for not getting the specific time/place you want depending on how many people booked a specific restaurant at the time you would like.

I think concierge can help with that, if in a suite , I love the UDP so I can eat all dinners and some lunches in specialty , if not in suite just change our t as soon as you board. 

In June, the lovely host at Giovanni’s made all of my reservations for me while I had lunch on boarding day.  I had the unlimited dining package.  It was great!  I always eat at off times and was able to get every reservation I wanted.  In the past, I had concierges take care of it, but I wasn’t  in a suite that trip. 

As for shows, you don’t need a reservation for any shows. Just get there early for the ice skating shows, as others have said they do fill up quickly. 

12 hours ago, LeeW said:

Not sure Freedom ever had reservations.  Ice shows on smaller ships sometimes require tickets, but you pick these up at a desk when you board.

I don't think ANY ships are doing tickets anymore -- just reservations in the app, if anything.