Oceana Drops Most Pre Cruise Testing

cruisen cracker

Just saw this:

Effective September 3, 2022, for all sailings embarking from that date forward, vaccinated travelers will no longer need to test to embark their cruise and unvaccinated travelers may sail by providing proof of a negative PCR test no more than 72 hours prior to boarding. Children under the age of 12 will also be welcomed without any vaccination or testing requirements.

Come On Celebrity, do it too!

• Thanks 1

A bigger change for the industry is that they have removed the vaccine requirement!!

This goes for NCL and REgent also. Vaccine is no longer required to sail.

Of course, if the port you are visiting requires vaccination then you will still need to be vaccinated. Currently I believe there are only 4 places requiring vaccination: Spain, Netherlands, Bermuda, and Canada. 

8 hours ago, cruisen cracker said:

Just saw this:

Effective September 3, 2022, for all sailings embarking from that date forward, vaccinated travelers will no longer need to test to embark their cruise and unvaccinated travelers may sail by providing proof of a negative PCR test no more than 72 hours prior to boarding. Children under the age of 12 will also be welcomed without any vaccination or testing requirements.

Come On Celebrity, do it too!

Nothing new, they are part of NCL. 

I think it is a good thing although I would test myself prior to a cruise.

I am surprised they would let unvaccinated adults aboard. They can get Covid-19 the day before the cruise or whilst onboard. Fact is that they become sicker and more of an issue for the onboard medical team. Hospitals here are full of ventilated unvaccinated or on CPAP. I would not wish to be unloading someone into an ICU in a caribbean island if i was a Dr/Nuurse onboard (I am an RN)..

• Like 1