Miscellaneous Solstice ?

babba

we will be sailing on the Celebrity Solstice this month ... Please excuse if these questions have been asked before ... we will be staying in Aqua class ...

Thank you in advance ...

1. Are "on demand" movies comp or is there a fee per movie ?

2. Is a PCR test acceptable as long as it is two days before embarkation ? I am vaccinated and my local pharmacy has results in 24 hours.  

3. Is the comp laundry bag per person or per cabin ... We are both elite ? 

If you are on a 7 day cruise there isn’t any real purpose to use the laundry.  It is a 2 day turnaround.  Unless you take clothing that needs to be laundered on the cruise  you won’t be turning any in until the 2nd or 3rd day.  You get it back on the 4th or 5th day.  Why bother?   

From my experience I don’t use it for anything other than socks and underwear.   I always request cold wash only.   I have seen that it sometimes ruins the elastic in the sock and underwear.

This is my experience and opinion, others may differ

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Hi all! Sorry if this question has been asked elsewhere. We are looking to sail in September and the concierge class is actually cheaper than a regular verandah room…but only if we let celebrity assign our room. Any chance we get an obstructed view room if we let them choose? Thanks so much!

21 minutes ago, Wbtkpk said:

Yes! Will be celebrity solstice Alaska. 

You might still get a location that has an adjoining door or that opens onto the crew door to an elevator area.  My DH is noise adverse and I always worry when we get a guarantee until I can get the number and check it against the deck plan. 

Some of the obstructed views are not that bad because you have a good view out over the rail of the balcony.  We all worry in advance of actually moving into the cabin and getting to look around.  Some things like noisy neighbors can't be avoided no matter how much you plan.  If you do get a cabin assignment that worries you, sometimes you can change to another cabin in the same category before sailing if there is time and availability.  If not, the cabin probably won't ruin Alaska for you.

6 hours ago, jwlane said:

You fail to consider those that travel to the homeport a few days early.

Didn’t you notice that I wrote unless you take clothing that needs to be laundered?    I am aware of that fact that people do other things before a cruise.  

My real purpose was to warn them that the clothing may be ruined.  I don’t trust  trust them with anything that I want to keep.   I have used it a few times when we sailed 2 weeks or longer.   The clothes were never the same.   They always seemed to shrink.   🤷‍♂️🤗

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅