Celebrity Pre-cruise testing requirements

MickeyG

14 hours ago, Denny01 said:

I agree RickYak. I look forward to the easing. I think you may have seen my post on contracting COVID within in 10 days of our cruise and Finally went negative just prior.

I understand modifying/dropping the testing and the increased risks it involves and agree with it. We are under very different situation than before. I wont go through all the changes in current COVID and vaccination impacts, but my issue was with the number of posters who would cheat to keep from being isolated and pretend they would self-isolate, infecting others. Or more worried about the impact on their vacation and ignore infecting others, especially when COVID was much more virulent. 

we realize going on a cruise increases risk, but individuals intentionally increasing that risk for everyone else is just, again tiring to see. Will live with the current situation and with it as it evolves.

Enough. 

Den

Yes there are people who will ignore their symptoms on board or "cheat" as you say and just go about their day.  It happens absolutely everywhere, not just on ships.  That is the reality of COVID at this point.  There will be many others who self-isolate, test themselves, do the right thing for themselves.  Again at home or on ships.  Let's just accept that, be done with it, and focus on our lives and what we can do and control.  COVID viruses will be with us for the rest of our lives.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, RichYak said:

I don't know what to tell you, Den. Protocols have been easing and ending everywhere in the world, and now finally with cruising, because they're no longer necessary. That should be celebrated not characterized with such dread.

Even the CDC is easing up now.   Finally getting closer to a post-pandemic state.  

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/11/health/cdc-covid-guidance-update/index.html

From the updated 8/11/2022 CDC guidance - more updates to come soon on travel (and cruising?).

"This updated guidance is intended to apply to community settings. In the coming weeks CDC will work to align stand-alone guidance documents, such as those for healthcare settings, congregate settings at higher risk of transmission, and travel, with today’s update"

It will be nice when the cruise lines no longer have a testing requirement.  They said they were being treated differently by the CDC than other parts of the travel industry but then keep the same protocols in place essentially.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vermonter16 said:

It will be nice when the cruise lines no longer have a testing requirement.  They said they were being treated differently by the CDC than other parts of the travel industry but then keep the same protocols in place essentially.  

Dropping Vaccination-only, many itineraries only require a non-monitored test, no tests for shorter cruises…..”same protocols in place essentially”?

OK. Den

1 hour ago, Denny01 said:

Dropping Vaccination-only, many itineraries only require a non-monitored test, no tests for shorter cruises…..”same protocols in place essentially”?

OK. Den

I still stand by my statement.  The cruise lines cried about how they were treated unfairly and still maintain testing.

We are booked for a December, 2022 10-day Celebrity cruise in their "Retreat" class.

Our deposit has been in. Hard final payment money is due in September.

Current Celebrity posted policy regarding testing positive 2 days prior to sailing qualifies for refund or credit. It is stated that this is Celebrity's policy for cruises through November 2022.

Spent hours on the phone to clarify what the policy will be after November. Got nothing but was told new policy will be posted first week of August.

First week of August they changed Covid testing regarding cruises of 5 or 6 days. Covid testing remains for longer cruises with nothing about what any refund or credit policy is after November.

With hard $ due in a month, can someone point to what the policy is for cruises after November?

Edited by Kilroyshere

1 minute ago, Kilroyshere said:

We are booked for a December 10-day Celebrity cruise in their "Retreat" class.

Our deposit has been in. Hard final payment money is due in September.

Current Celebrity posted policy regarding testing positive 2 days prior to sailing qualifies for refund or credit. It is stated that this is Celebrity's policy through November 2022.

Spent hours on the phone to clarify what the policy will be after November. Got nothing but was told new policy will be posted first week of August.

First week of August they changed Covid testing regarding cruises of 5 or 6 days. Covid testing remains for longer cruises with nothing about what any refund or credit policy is after November.

With hard $ due in a month, can someone point to what the policy is for cruises after November?

I hope you get an answer soon! In the meantime, does your trip insurance cover cancellation due to covid?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kilroyshere said:

I doubt anyone can. Perhaps you should purchase a travel insurance policy that covers cancellation due to covid for peace of mind.

15 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I doubt anyone can. Perhaps you should purchase a travel insurance policy that covers cancellation due to covid for peace of mind.

If Celebrity is going to keep the testing requirements then they must maintain the refund policy. No insurance should be needed. 

2 minutes ago, Virginia100 said:

If Celebrity is going to keep the testing requirements then they must maintain the refund policy. No insurance should be needed. 

One might assume that, but it may not be true.

Celebrity specifically has a posted refund/credit policy if one tests positive 2 days prior to sailing with the posted caveat that this policy covers cruises through November, 2022.

I find nothing regarding what Celebrity's policy is the next month later in December?

22 minutes ago, GaNavy said:

I hope you get an answer soon! In the meantime, does your trip insurance cover cancellation due to covid?

Good question about insurance.

It's now the Cruise Lines each individual policy and choice regarding testing.

It's no longer CDC nor government mandated policy to test/deny boarding.

The insurance is unclear and seemingly may not cover the cruise if a positive test comes up and the cruise is cancelled due to a Cruise Line choice of Covid policy.

I am seeking a Celebrity posted policy regarding testing/refunds/credits for a December cruise that Celebrity will soon demand payment in full for and thus my question here?

16 minutes ago, Virginia100 said:

Then OP's question should be "what will X's testing policy be in December?" That can't be answered either.

Sailings from Italy, not visiting Greece, New  Sailing Testing Requirements as of September 5, 2022: 😀

All guests ages 2 and older must present a negative COVID-19 test result to board their sailing. A negative test result from any commercially available test, including self-tests, will be accepted. Tests do not have to be monitored or proctored. Test results may be presented as a printout, screenshot or photo of the test result or the actual test.

2 hours ago, vermonter16 said:

For cruises under the US CDC, cruise lines were under a No Sail Order, then constant scrutiny under a "voluntary" sail program that only just recently was rescinded.  Now they are making changes but need to do so cautiously as their customer base has very mixed (but ingrained) opinions about vaccinations and testing requirements.  And of course governments outside the US have their own rules for their ports too.  The same protocols from even a month ago are actually not in place and changes have continued to be made.  

• Like 1

I just received another testing update from Celebrity regarding our August 29th cruise. Once again, this message states that pre-cruise testing must be done within 2 days of embarkation. I realize the new protocols (August 8th and beyond) states that 3 days prior to embarkation is the new norm. But why does Celebrity make it so confusing by sending out a notice that 2 days is the requirement. I don't want to show up at our embarkation port and be told that I've tested a day too early. And I've gotten 2 different answers from 2 different Celebrity customer service reps when I've called over the past 2 weeks.

2 minutes ago, MickeyG said:

I just received another testing update from Celebrity regarding our August 29th cruise. Once again, this message states that pre-cruise testing must be done within 2 days of embarkation. I realize the new protocols (August 8th and beyond) states that 3 days prior to embarkation is the new norm. But why does Celebrity make it so confusing by sending out a notice that 2 days is the requirement. I don't want to show up at our embarkation port and be told that I've tested a day too early. And I've gotten 2 different answers from 2 different Celebrity customer service reps when I've called over the past 2 weeks.

I'd test at the two day requirement. Better safe than sorry. 

• Thanks 1