recent online covid testing experiences

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

If you're addressing me or asking about RT&T, no, you just click on the link they send. They use Microsoft Teams but you don't have to download it.

All this info is in the thread I posted above.

Thank you for the info

15 hours ago, What If said:

Did you set up two separate accounts and order one virtual visit at a time or did you order two. This would be my first time trying this way. 

There is no account set up.  We called and scheduled our test date and time.  I selected 9:00 a.m and my wife selected 9:30 a.m., but when I connected the nurse told me she saw my wife's appointment time and said she would do both of us at the same time.  My wife was scheduled to have the test with a different proctor so the nurse informed that proctor that she was handling my wife's testing.

14 minutes ago, OnceAMarineAlwaysAMarine said:

There is no account set up.  We called and scheduled our test date and time.  I selected 9:00 a.m and my wife selected 9:30 a.m., but when I connected the nurse told me she saw my wife's appointment time and said she would do both of us at the same time.  My wife was scheduled to have the test with a different proctor so the nurse informed that proctor that she was handling my wife's testing.

I asked about this in advance and they told me the proctor of the earlier appointment would happily cover both my wife and I at the same time, which she did of course, but nice to hear that your nurse went out of her way to do that for you on her own.

This company seems extremely well run.

Someone said that EMED is the best - I do not agree with that. Emed is fine, we have used it several times, but definitely not better than what we found with Rapid test and trace. With the latter we were able to use our free Covid tests the US govt sent to us, the communication from the assistant was much better, and we were able to do 2 tests at the same time with the same assistant. Plus, when I had a question beforehand, their customer service was fast and helpful. The rep also said that I could get a refund should we have needed to cancel. So definitely another vote for RT&T!

Edited by AlohaLivin

With Rapid Test & Trace, can you set a preliminary appointment and cancel it if not needed?   I have 2 embed tests for us to use but if one is bad and can’t be used, I’d like to have a backup plan with the government tests we have.  So wondering if we can cancel the test if we schedule it for later?   If so, would you get a refund do you know?   TYIA   

12 minutes ago, cruz_happy said:

With Rapid Test & Trace, can you set a preliminary appointment and cancel it if not needed?   I have 2 embed tests for us to use but if one is bad and can’t be used, I’d like to have a backup plan with the government tests we have.  So wondering if we can cancel the test if we schedule it for later?   If so, would you get a refund do you know?   TYIA   

Ask RT&T. Their live chat was very responsive and helpful for me.

3 hours ago, OnceAMarineAlwaysAMarine said:

Thank you

On 8/12/2022 at 2:24 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Lifecenters.ca is another one.  We just used them, no issues.  $20 first person, $5  each additional person.  Canadian do under $30 us for 2 people.  We did our test in Copenhagen.  

On board Adventure of Seas right now!  We used Lifecenters.ca because we have 5 people in our family, so that was the most cost effective site that was recommended so far.  They were fast and efficient.  I was pretty surprised that we are allowed to move the tests off camera while waiting for results (I have 3 small children I was testing, and was worried that one might knock over a test while I was testing them if I kept the tests in front of the camera, and was told it was no problem to put them off to the side when I asked.  This saved us from a (likely) very expensive spill of the covid test near our computer, but does render testing to be security theatre (at least one other person reported on these forums the tests not needing to remain on camera ) since anyone can just have an extra control liquid on hand and use that to generate negative covid test results.  The important point is that RC happily took the life centers results today, and we had no problems checking in.  Lifecenters.ca is a very good option if you have a large family or large group traveling together that can all meet for one covid test.  Depending on your credit card, you might pay an international fee, but since the CA dollar is lower than the US, it wound up being less than expected for me and a lot cheaper than emed.

On 8/12/2022 at 4:48 PM, What If said:

Did you set up two separate accounts and order one virtual visit at a time or did you order two. This would be my first time trying this way. 

I'll answer since we did this yesterday.  I set up two appointments and two accounts (both using my email), but then asked if they could do both of us when we logged in for my appointment and she did it with no problem.

On 8/12/2022 at 7:46 AM, Meem47 said:

My husband and father used OnPoint with the free US govt tests yesterday…they had a very good experience.  Received emails with their negative results immediately after. Easy and well worth $17! 

On 8/12/2022 at 4:48 PM, What If said:

You do not set up any accounts.  I went online and scheduled my test and my wife's test separately.  Mine was at 9:00 and hers was at 9:30.  When I signed in at 9:00, the nurse said she sees my wife's appointment at 9:30 and said that she could handle both of our tests at the same time.  If the nurse does not see that you have multiple tests scheduled then I would just ask when you go to do the first test.  They were very accommodating.

2 hours ago, Lulu007 said:

Thank you.  I didn't realize you could use these, but what's the best way to get them monitored?

In this thread two online proctored services have been mentioned. Rapid Test and Trace and the other one is OnPoint.