Letter of Recovery

rs45thompson

49 minutes ago, Hoosierpop said:

Agree with above that it may not matter for you but just in case, I didn’t have a letter. I just had a print out of the positive results from the lab which does need to have the date of the test.

So, I should be okay.  I just got a letter from the doctor but I'm not cruising until September 3.  I was worried if the letter had to be dated within a certain time frame.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, rs45thompson said:

So, I should be okay.  I just got a letter from the doctor but I'm not cruising until September 3.  I was worried if the letter had to be dated within a certain time frame.

Carnival's definition of a Document of Recovery is: a paper or electronic copy of the positive viral test result from a certified laboratory (dated no more than 90 days prior to the sailing date).

Depending on the whims of the check-in staff (i.e., whether they're following the letter of Carnival's policy on any particular day) your doctor's letter alone may not be sufficient. 

1 hour ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Carnival's definition of a Document of Recovery is: a paper or electronic copy of the positive viral test result from a certified laboratory (dated no more than 90 days prior to the sailing date).

Depending on the whims of the check-in staff (i.e., whether they're following the letter of Carnival's policy on any particular day) your doctor's letter alone may not be sufficient. 

Agree with this. Carnival doesn’t require a letter. They do require the test results themselves.

• Like 1

Does this also apply when your cruise stops in Canada or do you still need to test? I’m doing New England/Canada and I’ve read, (but unfortunately am still confused) about the requirements. My cruise is in a month and I ‘m currently *enjoying* Covid I got after my last trip two weeks ago. Thanks!

Kelly

7 hours ago, rs45thompson said:

To those who have recently sailed with a letter of recovery, does the date on the letter matter as long as it is within the 90 days?

You need a document of recovery which is a copy of your positive test from a certified lab within the last 90 but more than ten. No doctors letter is necessary. 

Edited by Purvis1231
typo

6 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

I have the positive test result too.  I thought I had to have both.

4 hours ago, Eskylady said:

Does this also apply when your cruise stops in Canada or do you still need to test? I’m doing New England/Canada and I’ve read, (but unfortunately am still confused) about the requirements. My cruise is in a month and I ‘m currently *enjoying* Covid I got after my last trip two weeks ago. Thanks!

Kelly

Here’s the Canadian government rules page…scroll down to pre embarkation testing. https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise#pre-embarkation-test    It seems like they will accept a pcr test for proof of recovery. Positive antigens are not accepted.  From what my Canada emails have been reading,  you can use recovery document….Bermuda seems to be the only place you can’t use that in place of a test. 

6 minutes ago, Eskylady said:

Thanks Broadway Girl. Looks like my Naat will work as well. The Carnival stuff was a bit confusing. I appreciate the help. 

No problem. We’re doing a Canada sailing in a few weeks so I’ve been trying to stay on top of the requirements.  My “enjoyment” of Covid after my last cruise just misses the 90 day window to do the document of recovery…so I’m stuck testing.