Charges to Credit Card

Javert1969

Hi - I just got back from a cruise on Iona and the total amount on the cruise statements is about £8 less than what they have put pending on my credit card.  On the credit card there are various transactions none of which correspond to the amounts on the cruise statements, but if I add everything up there is a discrepancy of about £8 in P&O's favour.

Is this likely to rectify automatically or should I contact them about this?

(We did not spend any money on the last morning on board).

Hi,

I had various pending amounts but the actual charge was the total on the final statement. There was still a pending amount showing but some that i had seen earlier have disappeared.

there is another thread about credit card charges but I get the impression they put a pending amount each day, not sure if it’s the total up to that point or just that days spend.

2 hours ago, FangedRose said:

Never seen pending charges on credit card. Did you use a debit card? In which case the charge may disappear.

We had multiple pending charges on our credit card whilst onboard Iona this June.  Final amount taken was as per the invoice outside our cabin door, and the pending's disappeared within days.

12 hours ago, FangedRose said:

Never seen pending charges on credit card.

Pending charges definitely appear on credit cards - although some CC companies may handle them differently.

14 hours ago, Javert1969 said:

the total amount on the cruise statements is about £8 less than what they have put pending on my credit card

The pending charges don't really matter in this case as it is the final amount that you need to check - if that agrees with the statement then the pending charges will disappear.

4 minutes ago, david63 said:

Pending charges definitely appear on credit cards - although some CC companies may handle them differently.

The pending charges don't really matter in this case as it is the final amount that you need to check - if that agrees with the statement then the pending charges will disappear.

My last cruise the pending charge was £1.

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

My last cruise the pending charge was £1.

I had that when I added the card to my booking at check in.

Oddly it's still showing as pending but all the others from last week have now disappeared.

I was on a cruise in June and there were 2 payments pending at my bank. One was paid which was the correct bill and the other was taken but I have no account of it(£39.71). I am still waiting for p&o service to get back to me and have also forwarded this to the CEO but still not one reply. 

3 minutes ago, awmartin said:

I was on a cruise in June and there were 2 payments pending at my bank. One was paid which was the correct bill and the other was taken but I have no account of it(£39.71). I am still waiting for p&o service to get back to me and have also forwarded this to the CEO but still not one reply. 

Would it be possible to use the chargeback facility for this?

3 minutes ago, awmartin said:

the other was taken but I have no account of it(£39.71

After I had paid my on board account at the end of a P&O cruise another charge turned up on my credit card, a day later, which I had no recollection of.

I didn't bother trying to contact P&O but I did tell my CC company. They notified P&O of the disputed charge but they never bothered responding them. My CC company then deleted the charge from my account and I never had to pay it.

Thanks for the reply’s.

My bank advised to talk with p&o first to try to get an answer what the payment was for and if no joy they would put it in the hands of their legal team but foolishly I put trust in P&O to sort it but no joy. I have now passed this to guest services at Carnival. All I am asking is what it was for and if it was a genuine mistake I am quite willing to let it go.