Baltic

chrisg1uk

Bit of advice please.  We are going to the Baltic next May and would like to wander into the cities where possible.  Could you experienced cruisers advise how far out of town do P&O berth at Helsinki, Stockholm and Copenhagen,  Many thanks.     

20 minutes ago, david63 said:

All three of those ports are some way from the city/town centres and are not east walks, you will need to use shuttle buses. Copenhagen for example is a 20+ minute shuttle bus journey.

Don't they dock near the little mermaid in Copenhagen anymore? I know last time we docked miles away but I was hoping that was a one off. 

We've walked into town in Helsinki, it's not far unless of course they have changed the dock since. 

3 minutes ago, Jazzytelly said:

Don't they dock near the little mermaid in Copenhagen anymore? I know last time we docked miles away but I was hoping that was a one off. 

We've walked into town in Helsinki, it's not far unless of course they have changed the dock since. 

In Cooenhagen, smaller ships such as Aurora and Arcadia sometimes use Langelinie, which is the dock near the Little Mermaid. Larger ones are out at Oceankaj. Like you, I've walked into the City Centre at Helsinki, but again, there are two cruise docks.

4 minutes ago, Jazzytelly said:

Its possible that Aurora and maybe even Arcadia could use the Langeline terminal, but most ships now use Ocean Quay.

18 hours ago, emam said:

Have you checked your cruise guides in your personaliser? They give you some distances and a little map.

I am logged in to my cruise but am struggling to find these - whereabouts exactly are these cruise guides please?

25 minutes ago, bbtablet said:

I am logged in to my cruise but am struggling to find these - whereabouts exactly are these cruise guides please?

Login to My P&O Cruises then scroll down past Booking Summary to where you see a map of the itinerary. Under this map you should see "Explore My Port Guides".   Hope this helps.

Edited by Astrajet
  • Thanks 1

Talking of port guides Tom's Port Guides are very comprehensive. Of the ports you mention, there's only Copenhagen available and may be of interest to you:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.tomsportguides.com/uploads/5/8/5/4/58547429/copenhagen-09-30-2012.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwifv-rbqs75AhUHhFwKHSE3BzMQFnoECBQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw35JGRRzyJUqLiGfivBbcQU

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/17/2022 at 5:53 PM, kruzseeka said:

Talking of port guides Tom's Port Guides are very comprehensive. Of the ports you mention, there's only Copenhagen available and may be of interest to you:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.tomsportguides.com/uploads/5/8/5/4/58547429/copenhagen-09-30-2012.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwifv-rbqs75AhUHhFwKHSE3BzMQFnoECBQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw35JGRRzyJUqLiGfivBbcQU

I've just come across this thread and want to thank you for the link to what is an informative resource. Granted, there is only one port covered for our upcoming Baltic cruise but there are a few others that feature on our future cruises.

• Thanks 1

In Stockholm you sometimes berth beside one of the ferry stops, but again it will depend on which ship you are on and her size. I have only ever berthed at Langeline Quay, which is next to one of the hop on hop off boat stops, but again on smaller ships. In Helsinki we needed a shuttle, even for Balmoral. You probably won't know for sure until the night before.