Anyone experienced with getting Bermuda TA more than once this year?

joyandjerry

I (Joy) went through unbelievable stress getting our TAs this May. (CCL was clueless until a few weeks prior to the cruise. Our travel agent was not aware of this until I told her, and we took a group of mainly computer illiterate seniors on a bus to the port.) Starting the day after our sailing, uploading test results are no longer needed, as they will be checked at the embarkation port. We are sailing again to Bermuda on 30 September on RCCL from Baltimore. I have read that the Bermuda govt. saves some of your info for returning travelers, and I know the fee will be necessary again. Has anyone had any experience with this, and could share any tips for the process? Of course, I will start the app as early as allowable.

When accessing the site you select the yes option to returning traveller after selecting your date/ship etc then will use the same email as previously used.

Basic details are retained.

Following. We also went on the Norwegian Joy this past May and are going again in October. This time though my son will be fully vaccinated so I am hoping they will let me upload his card and he won't need the $300 PCR test! His was also the only one we didn't get back automatically last time and we had to do the whole 4 hour total saga of being on hold...

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/17/2022 at 1:12 PM, CleverUserNameHere said:

Following. We also went on the Norwegian Joy this past May and are going again in October. This time though my son will be fully vaccinated so I am hoping they will let me upload his card and he won't need the $300 PCR test! His was also the only one we didn't get back automatically last time and we had to do the whole 4 hour total saga of being on hold...

$300 for a PCR test??? Please tell me you are kidding!  We are unvaccinated and I know we have to have a negative test to board the ship in NY and and get another test while on the ship right before we embark in Bermuda. HOw is it possible that a Covid test is $300? 

On 9/2/2022 at 8:58 PM, uneamie said:

$300 for a PCR test??? Please tell me you are kidding!  We are unvaccinated and I know we have to have a negative test to board the ship in NY and and get another test while on the ship right before we embark in Bermuda. HOw is it possible that a Covid test is $300? 

We opted for the 2 hour PCR results instead of the 1-2 day PCR because we had to travel and didn't want to have to find out after we got to the terminal that he was positive. Insurance only covers tests for exposure, and most drugstores won't test children under 3. He was 2.5. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CleverUserNameHere said:

We opted for the 2 hour PCR results instead of the 1-2 day PCR because we had to travel and didn't want to have to find out after we got to the terminal that he was positive. Insurance only covers tests for exposure, and most drugstores won't test children under 3. He was 2.5. 

I see...I never had to get a test before so I have no idea how long it takes to get your results. The timing is going to get confusing for me. Our cruise to Bermuda requires a negative test 72 hours before boarding....so I guess this means I should get a test done maybe 4 or 5  days before in order to have the results back in time. ugh! 

2 hours ago, uneamie said:

Our cruise to Bermuda requires a negative test 72 hours before boarding....so I guess this means I should get a test done maybe 4 or 5  days before in order to have the results back in time. ugh! 

You are limited as to how early you can test-- ideally they want a negative test taken as close to departure as possible (so as to eliminate the possibility you contracted covid in between testing and boarding). It will also depend on whether you are vaccinated or not. Vaccinated passengers can take a PCR test up to 4 days before departure. Unvaccinated passengers are required to take a test up to 2 days before departure. 

As an example, NCL's rules for Bermuda are here: https://www.ncl.com/travel-requirements-by-country

The online testing kits work really well and will allow you to test in the comfort of your home and receive a result fairly quickly. We've used LabCorp's Pixel at home test numerous times for various international travel over the past 18 months but there are plenty of other options people can recommend as well. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

As an example, NCL's rules for Bermuda are here: https://www.ncl.com/travel-requirements-by-country

Your reply was good but from what I recall Uneamie posted that the cruise was booked for May 2023. The rules could and based on past history probably will change again before then.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

You are limited as to how early you can test-- ideally they want a negative test taken as close to departure as possible (so as to eliminate the possibility you contracted covid in between testing and boarding). It will also depend on whether you are vaccinated or not. Vaccinated passengers can take a PCR test up to 4 days before departure. Unvaccinated passengers are required to take a test up to 2 days before departure. 

The online testing kits work really well and will allow you to test in the comfort of your home and receive a result fairly quickly. We've used LabCorp's Pixel at home test numerous times for various international travel over the past 18 months but there are plenty of other options people can recommend as well. 

Thanks for that information. I wonder how quick you get the test results back.  That's the tricky thing. I am hoping by May these test will no longer be necessary and crossing my fingers that no new "pandemics" arise. We are not vaccinated due to medical issues so there is no chance we'd ever get one in future. 

Just confirming to OP that yes, Bermuda retains your vax card image and other information when filling-out another Travel Authorization for another trip.  It is indeed easier from that standpoint.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, JGmf said:

Just confirming to OP that yes, Bermuda retains your vax card image and other information when filling-out another Travel Authorization for another trip.  It is indeed easier from that standpoint.

When I did mine, the  info was retained, but Jerry's was not. No big deal to do it again, but the COVID test is a real PITA.

• Haha 1