Healthy options on Mardi Gras

matymil

My wife and I have been dropping some lbs in preparation for our cruise next month and id like to try and continue to eat as healthy (as i can) on the cruise. I saw on the Carnival site that the Mardi Gras has "healthy options" but its very vague. The Sunshine has/had an awesome chopped salad, Saladworks type place up on Serenity but that's the only place ive ever seen it. What are my best options? Thanks

I think I remember a Saladworks on Serenity on MG.  I split many of the food items on MG with my mom.  That way we can try more without feeling stuffed.  I bet you'll find "healthy options" on MG.  Sounds like you and your wife are doing great at making good choices.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I think I remember a Saladworks on Serenity on MG.  I split many of the food items on MG with my mom.  That way we can try more without feeling stuffed.  I bet you'll find "healthy options" on MG.  Sounds like you and your wife are doing great at making good choices.

Thanks. Thats awesome i looked at the deck plan and didnt see one but i will check it out for sure. It was like a little hidden gem on the Sunshine.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2022 at 11:14 PM, hockeyluver said:

OMG    Fresh Creations (serenity)  on the Mardi Gras was amazing !!!  They have a great selection for your salad !!  I think we had our lunch there at least 5 of the 7 days !! 

Yes, yes, and again yes!   It was reallly good.  

And it passed my salad-bar litmus test:  they had green olives available.  :)  

Unless things have changed, the veggies and such will be passenger-served in front, and the meat toppings (chicken, etc.) are in the back and served by the Fresh Creations attendant.  

Word of warning:  it can be windy up there in Serenity while the ship is underway...and lettuce is fairly lightweight.  😄  

On 8/20/2022 at 12:46 AM, Wennfred said:

Your other option for Lunch is Mongolian Grill if they have one on Mardi Gras, Panoramas has one.

111198D8-975B-461E-BAFC-9037732921AF.jpeg

Mardi Gras has Chibang!, which operates similar to Jiji's Asian Kitchen on other ships.  Same concept as Mongolian Wok, though:  fresh stir-fry made to order.  

At Jiji's and Chibang!, instead of waiting in a long line* like at the Wok, you sit down and fill out a card with what you want and they bring it to you.  Much more "civilized."  :)  

Note:  unlike Jiji's Asian Kitchen, which is open on embark day, Chibang! is not...or at least, it wasn't last October.   

-------

* I don't care about the long lines; I'm a Mongolian stir-fry FIEND :)  

• Like 1

I have never found it difficult to find items more on the healthy side when cruising.  I agree with all posts about fresh creations, was a really nice go to when on serenity.  I tend to eat the same on a cruise as I would in every day life (I dont eat things like red meat (I dont care for it), fried foods, most pasta (I dont care for it), not a big dessert fan for the most part etc.). 

Love Mexican and Mediterranean types of food and the veggie plate (Indian) in MDR but will stick with chicken or seafood for meat/protein sources.  I do not have any issues finding chicken breast, seafood, veggie and salad choices.  I eat like this normally and it doesnt bother me to skip the not so healthy things on a cruise. Congrats on your weight loss and you can do this!

Edited by Drazil65
  • Like 1

On 8/21/2022 at 5:32 AM, Pellaz said:

Yes, yes, and again yes!   It was reallly good.  

And it passed my salad-bar litmus test:  they had green olives available.  🙂

Unless things have changed, the veggies and such will be passenger-served in front, and the meat toppings (chicken, etc.) are in the back and served by the Fresh Creations attendant.  

Word of warning:  it can be windy up there in Serenity while the ship is underway...and lettuce is fairly lightweight.  😄  

Mardi Gras has Chibang!, which operates similar to Jiji's Asian Kitchen on other ships.  Same concept as Mongolian Wok, though:  fresh stir-fry made to order.  

At Jiji's and Chibang!, instead of waiting in a long line* like at the Wok, you sit down and fill out a card with what you want and they bring it to you.  Much more "civilized."  🙂

Note:  unlike Jiji's Asian Kitchen, which is open on embark day, Chibang! is not...or at least, it wasn't last October.   

-------

* I don't care about the long lines; I'm a Mongolian stir-fry FIEND 🙂

Question about ChiBang. I see that its additional money for dinner but its not in the specialty dining section of the website. Do you know much they charge for dinner?

On 8/21/2022 at 9:51 AM, ninjacat123 said:

When DH and I were on Magic last Labor Day weekend, I didn't see a salad bar on Serenity.  Just a bar.

Not all of them have it. Out of all the ships ive been on, ive only seen it on the Sunshine.

On 8/21/2022 at 8:05 AM, Drazil65 said:

I have never found it difficult to find items more on the healthy side when cruising.  I agree with all posts about fresh creations, was a really nice go to when on serenity.  I tend to eat the same on a cruise as I would in every day life (I dont eat things like red meat (I dont care for it), fried foods, most pasta (I dont care for it), not a big dessert fan for the most part etc.). 

Love Mexican and Mediterranean types of food and the veggie plate (Indian) in MDR but will stick with chicken or seafood for meat/protein sources.  I do not have any issues finding chicken breast, seafood, veggie and salad choices.  I eat like this normally and it doesnt bother me to skip the not so healthy things on a cruise. Congrats on your weight loss and you can do this!

Thanks!

1 hour ago, matymil said:

Question about ChiBang. I see that its additional money for dinner but its not in the specialty dining section of the website. Do you know much they charge for dinner?

I believe Chibang is still free on Mardi Gras.