~*COME “GETAWAY” w/ us!*~ ***LIVE REVIEW***

drumexpert510

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Another from drumexpert510! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

drumexpert510 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Good morning everyone, this is Brad  again. I am so excited to be doing this LIVE REVIEW on-board the beautiful NORWEGIAN GETAWAY.

I will be bringing you all on step by step replay of my journey over the next week as we travel to GREAT STIRRUP CAY, ST. THOMAS V.I., SAN JUAN PUERTO RICO & AMBER COVER D.R.

We will also have access to the exclusive Haven on-board and will share our experience there.

So come join me on this journey and please if anyone has any questions about the ship, Haven,  port of calls, dining or anything else then drop a comment and I will do my best to get it answered!

~~~LET’S GO!!!~~~

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, drumexpert510 said:

Good morning everyone, this is Brad with The Vacation Sensation again. I am so excited to be doing this LIVE REVIEW on-board the beautiful NORWEGIAN GETAWAY.

I will be bringing you all on step by step replay of my journey over the next week as we travel to GREAT STIRRUP CAY, ST. THOMAS V.I., SAN JUAN PUERTO RICO & AMBER COVER D.R.

We will also have access to the exclusive Haven on-board and will share our experience there.

So come join me on this journey and please if anyone has any questions about the ship, Haven,  port of calls, dining or anything else then drop a comment and I will do my best to get it answered!

~~~LET’S GO!!!~~~

Is there a lounge where thee is a piano player that plays quiet jazz and other "Old" favorites?

15 minutes ago, gatorchinsky said:

Which Terminal and parking garage does the Getaway use at Port Canaveral?

That would be cruise Terminal 10. It is right next to Disney’s terminal. It is actually Port Canaveral’s smallest terminal which can offer some challenges to larger ships with so many people but NCL usually has their stuff together. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, drumexpert510 said:

That would be cruise Terminal 10. It is right next to Disney’s terminal. It is actually Port Canaveral’s smallest terminal which can offer some challenges to larger ships with so many people but NCL usually has their stuff together. 

Thank you

Hey Brad

We've done the Getaway twice and love it. We're going again for a Thanksgiving 10 day out of Port Canaveral. We have a Haven Aft Penthouse.

I've seen mixed reports about Silver Cove on GSC providing access to Haven guests. Some say you must have a cabana reserved to get in. Are you going to check it out?

TIA.

25 minutes ago, JoeMammy said:

Hey Brad

We've done the Getaway twice and love it. We're going again for a Thanksgiving 10 day out of Port Canaveral. We have a Haven Aft Penthouse.

I've seen mixed reports about Silver Cove on GSC providing access to Haven guests. Some say you must have a cabana reserved to get in. Are you going to check it out?

TIA.

Will do! 

• Like 1

Check in was smooth and easy. We are in the Haven but even looking at standard check in it flowed very fast. 

Make sure to have your docs, vax cards, passports and negative tests handy to show multiple times! 

It seems Inspire is set up to do Covid tests on site if needed (see photo)

05696C74-FAB5-463A-BF0B-A2B02CCAC4A3.jpeg

3774CF1B-41BD-42B7-8373-0FC1163BF8B8.jpeg

E05A9369-7353-4D48-861C-1BD0F3EF4BAE.jpeg

CCC0ED6B-C541-454B-953E-A456DD0C0F50.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JoeMammy said:

Hey Brad

TIA.

SILVER COVE VILLAS, and cabanas (not in Silver Cove!) must be purchased through the Shore Excursion desk (Pre-cruise or onboard).

It definitely helps to know the difference between VILLA in Silver Cove, as apposed to cabanas in the middle of the island!  This link displays both (with generalized pricing):

https://www.ncl.com/shore-excursions/search?sort=searchWeight&perPage=12&destination=Bahamas+%26+Florida+Cruises&port=NPI&priceRange=300+2000

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ggTexasGal said:

SILVER COVE VILLAS, and cabanas (not in Silver Cove!) must be purchased through the Shore Excursion desk (Pre-cruise or onboard).

It definitely helps to know the difference between VILLA in Silver Cove, as apposed to cabanas in the middle of the island!  This link displays both (with generalized pricing):

https://www.ncl.com/shore-excursions/search?sort=searchWeight&perPage=12&destination=Bahamas+%26+Florida+Cruises&port=NPI&priceRange=300+2000

But can Haven pax get into Silver Cove bar, restaurant, swimming area without reserving the Taj Mahal? That is the question.

• Like 1

As we sail into our first night aboard this beautiful ship…. We have smooth seas and clear weather. Looking forward to a great sunset and then tonight (in about 30 min) we will be having dinner in the Haven restaurant. Pictures or dishes and menus to follow! 

***Don’t forget to send in questions or comments and I will do everything I can to answer them!***

image.jpg

Edited by drumexpert510
  • Like 4

Following along.

we are booked for the end of September.

we love the Breakaway so hoping the Getaway being a sister ship will be very similar.

If possible could you see if the spa has day pass pricing. I really do not want to purchase a pass for the entire cruise.

Wow, the dinner in the Haven Restaurant was amazing. I will go on record and say it rivaled Cagney’s. 

The Delmonico steak and the butterscotch cheesecake were to die for! Without a doubt was better then a MDR in terms of quality which would hopefully be expected. 

Photos attached from our groups meal (no they are all not mine)

E5199943-D33C-4906-9273-E3873DE5CE7D.jpeg

8CAA5466-A99B-4F5E-862A-1B21FA26D781.jpeg

14FDA511-A5AE-4E21-AE40-7746929056DC.jpeg

E0E44504-65C5-409E-B5C0-ACA574BDB4A2.jpeg

42B17B51-C38C-4E06-8437-C9E89AAF09B0.jpeg

D3A9E296-B46C-44D1-B67A-F0DF207E783F.jpeg

B692326F-2759-443B-893A-D68047C7CB96.jpeg

16D1890F-F19E-495E-800B-72844E9BB820.jpeg

C8DC190A-3AD3-4143-9728-5B578462B2FF.jpeg

AC9B0F09-E4F2-46E1-BF20-2E578FAE4407.jpeg

5EF0EE12-158E-4059-8263-F89DBBDDEF00.jpeg

5AE3B689-1A7A-4A81-AE00-992DD3452D02.jpeg