Trip Insurance - Got The Check!

asnaleah

We purchased trip insurance through Steve@tripinsurancestore. From his recommendations we selected a Travel Guard (part of AIG) policy. Unfortunately, I had the opportunity to check out the claim process and customer service due to contracting Covid somewhere in Spain. I’m happy to report a full resolution to the missed cruise days! The process took almost seven weeks from claim submittal to check received, but as I understand it, the companies are inundated with claims, so I’m very pleased with the timing. Not so happily, my claim for missed private excursions in Bordeaux was not covered, but I submitted a claim with the credit card insurance company, so we shall see. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, asnaleah said:

We purchased trip insurance through Steve@tripinsurancestore. From his recommendations we selected a Travel Guard (part of AIG) policy. Unfortunately, I had the opportunity to check out the claim process and customer service due to contracting Covid somewhere in Spain. I’m happy to report a full resolution to the missed cruise days! The process took almost seven weeks from claim submittal to check received, but as I understand it, the companies are inundated with claims, so I’m very pleased with the timing. Not so happily, my claim for missed private excursions in Bordeaux was not covered, but I submitted a claim with the credit card insurance company, so we shall see. 

Was the cost of the private excursions included in your overall/total trip cost to determine the premium amount due to cover all of your nonrefundable & prepaid expenses?

1 hour ago, rcandkc said:

How about the doctor bill from cruise?  Cruise medical bills are usually huge from our experience. 

Unless you take the Covid antiviral medication, medical care and Covid testing are complimentary.

Dave

Edited by DaveFr