Bringing wine onboard

Mrs f.

Pre covid, Oceania had a VERY relaxed policy of bringing more than 6 bottles on board.  Has anybody been on O since the restart and brought more than 6?  Thanks.

Brought my 6 bottles in a 6-bottle fabric carry-on 12/21 (Riviera). Their official published policy, found in the FAQ on their web site, is as follows:

WHAT IS YOUR ALCOHOL POLICY FOR BRINGING BOTTLES ON BOARD?

Updated August 25, 2020

We are pleased to inform you that Oceania Cruises has revised the policy for bringing wine onboard. We have now increased the limit to 6 bottles per stateroom. The exception being the world cruises for which we will allow up to 60 bottles per stateroom however this only applies to guests who are booked on the full world cruise or any of the variations of the full world cruise as listed below. ...

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005405394-What-is-your-alcohol-policy-for-bringing-bottles-on-board-

5 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

Brought my 6 bottles in a 6-bottle fabric carry-on 12/21 (Riviera). Their official published policy, found in the FAQ on their web site, is as follows:

Here  we go again 🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Cliff-FLL said:

I was on a cruise in November 2021 and carried on a separate suitcase with 13-14 bottles.  No one said a word.  Oceania has always been very generous about allowing guests to bring their favorites on board.

Thanks. That's all I was asking

• Like 1

I haven’t cruised on O since late 2019. Has the policy regarding bringing hard liquor on board changed since then? I’ve looked in our documents for our December cruise, but can’t find anything about hard liquor. DH like a bottle of Titos and I like Sapphire for a cocktail in our room while we get ready for dinner.

Just now, TKS said:

I haven’t cruised on O since late 2019. Has the policy regarding bringing hard liquor on board changed since then? I’ve looked in our documents for our December cruise, but can’t find anything about hard liquor. DH like a bottle of Titos and I like Sapphire for a cocktail in our room while we get ready for dinner.

You will not find it in print anywhere  from O

But they look the other way when taking it onboard  for cabin consumption

4 minutes ago, delliemd said:

I buy bottles of vodka for the cabin & would take Dekupyer for mixer in bag, Princess threw it out & left a note saying it was confiscated & in the trash.

Oceania  is not the same as Princess

DH will take scotch or Cognac  in our carry on

Thanks for the quick response, LHT28 (FYI, we just returned from a Great Lakes cruise on Viking that stopped in several Ontario towns and villages. We ended visiting Toronto for several days. You live in an absolutely magnificent area!)

• Thanks 1

We haven't sailed since before Covid (we are booked on Vista Southampton to NYC in late August 2023).  I've frequently brought on vodka and wine with no problem.  We play by the rules!  Drink in the cabin or pay the corkage fees when bringing wine to the table.

FOr those in the top suites that have the liquor benefit, you can bring your wine to the restaurant and NOT pay the corkage, but as I recall still only drink the hard liquor in your room.

Mura 

29 minutes ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

We were told that everyone has to pay corkage.  Did this rule change?

If you get the wine as  part of the SUITE  6 bottle package ..no corkage  I think that is what Mura was referring to

37 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

If you get the wine as  part of the SUITE  6 bottle package ..no corkage  I think that is what Mura was referring to

Also, you can take your any bottle of wine supplied by Oceania that is in your room (welcome bottle of bubbly\club loyalty wine) to any venue and not pay corkage.

1 hour ago, basor said:

Also, you can take your any bottle of wine supplied by Oceania that is in your room (welcome bottle of bubbly\club loyalty wine) to any venue and not pay corkage.

Yes that too

November, 2021, we bought a bottle of Jack from the last shop that we walked through to re-board the Marina in Barcelona. Passed through security like any other purchase. The champagne “gift” in your cabin can be exchanged for (Oceania brand?) wine if champagne is not your treat.

15 minutes ago, Norseh2o said:

It’s not a favorite, Chandon, Napa Valley…  🍾 We exchange for a red or white wine. 🙂

Disappointing if true, however not much quality change from the St. Germain they had earlier.

Typically retails at less than $20/ bottle, closer to $16 in some areas. Oceania price is around $6/ btl. Enjoy!

Edited by pinotlover

36 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Disappointing if true, however not much quality change from the St. Germain they had earlier.

Typically retails at less than $20/ bottle, closer to $16 in some areas. Oceania price is around $6/ btl. Enjoy!

Better than what Cunard serves, Pol Acker.$16.99 here. Are you saying $6 a glass? If $60.00 a bottle then that is ridiculous and I would buy French for a little more. 

Edited by oskidunker

2 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

Better than what Cunard serves, Pol Acker.$16.99 here. Are you saying $6 a glass? If $60.00 a bottle then that is ridiculous and I would buy French for a little more. 

My comment is that Oceania’s cost per bottle is in the $5-$6 range. May be less on a large marketing arrangement with Chandon. 

Quality of the provided Sparling wine has varied tremendously over the years.