Reflection Solstice deck!

MR_T

Hi All, 

we are due to board the reflection on the 16th September and hadn’t realised before that the Reflection hasn’t had the suite/retreat stuff upgraded yet… does this mean the solstice deck at the top of the ship is still open to the steerage class passengers or is it now reserved for the suite class gang?  

1 hour ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

Yes, it's still open to all on the Reflection. On our March cruise - in Aqua Class - we spent a good deal of time up on the Solstice Deck. Has always been one of our favorite spots on S-Class ships. 

Yes we’ve always enjoyed the space, great to be able to still use it as to be honest until recently I just assumed it was no longer going to be available 👍🏼😊

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MR_T said:

Thanks, Always great to hear 😊

We only had 390 Pax, so your cruise is likely to be a bit different experience.   Even so, the staff attentiveness was among the best we've experienced on X.  I'm sure you'll have a great time.

5 hours ago, marieps said:

We only had 390 Pax, so your cruise is likely to be a bit different experience.   Even so, the staff attentiveness was among the best we've experienced on X.  I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Yes I’m sure it will, we were onboard the Apex last September with a similar amount on and although at first we though it was great it did have a negative effect on the atmosphere onboard, for us anyway… so kind of looking forward to being on a busier sailing. 

18 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

Don't want to mix with those steerage folks.  Can't blame you for the price you pay for your suite perks.

Oh don’t worry I’m most definitely steerage class… 😂 tried the suite life last year and although there we’re aspects we enjoyed over all its definitely not worth the price they charge… for us anyway! 

2 minutes ago, go.without.you said:

Someone had posted Reflection is doing a dry dock for a week or 2 in October and switching this to a Retreat deck at that time.

Dry dock last two weeks in October, yes.  Retreat Deck rumored, but we'll see if that has happened when we board 31 October.

5 hours ago, go.without.you said:

Someone had posted Reflection is doing a dry dock for a week or 2 in October and switching this to a Retreat deck at that time.

Cool, we are onboard in September so we’ll look forward to enjoying the space for the last time I guess. 

I'm skeptical that they'll do anything major to Reflection this year.  Under the original revolution program, it was slated to be the last ship, and that wasn't going to be until 2023.  The pandemic upended all of that, of course, but it was always going to be the last ship to get updates.

11 hours ago, SUESEABE said:

Merriam-Webster Definition of steerage class:

a section of inferior accommodations in a passenger ship for passengers paying the lowest fares

🤷🏼‍♂️

17 hours ago, bEwAbG said:

I'm skeptical that they'll do anything major to Reflection this year.  Under the original revolution program, it was slated to be the last ship, and that wasn't going to be until 2023.  The pandemic upended all of that, of course, but it was always going to be the last ship to get updates.

Nothing major, no. But it doesn't take much to add a gate to that deck and then swap out the furniture for a Retreat area.