Port Canaveral for Meraviglia

blueslily

7 minutes ago, Singleandnotmingling said:

How strict are the scheduled embarkation times at this port? My flight comes in very early

morning and I was given a 3pm embarkation time. 

This is a good question. I’ve heard some YC guests can generally show up any time. I only live a couple hours away and I’d really like to get onboard the ship earlier than 3:00

11 hours ago, nemesees said:

GoPort would be ok but my MSC check in is at 3 pm and GoPort last shuttle is at 1pm. I’m trying to  see if they changed the hours.

Parking at the official port lot is convenient in a way but if parking in the garage, then we would have to haul our luggage all the way from its pickup point all the way to our car.

Tough decisions either way.

No, you can circle around, drop off your luggage then go back and park.  It's a couple of hundred yards away. Easy Peasy.

35 minutes ago, Elsammo46 said:

This is a good question. I’ve heard some YC guests can generally show up any time. I only live a couple hours away and I’d really like to get onboard the ship earlier than 3:00

YC guests can get onboard whenever they want.  As far as other pax, they are very lenient about embarkation times.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HipHipOnAShip said:

YC guests can get onboard whenever they want.  As far as other pax, they are very lenient about embarkation times.

Thank you! I’d like to get every minute possible in my vacation considering what I’m paying for it 😂😂😂

Edited by Elsammo46

11 hours ago, HipHipOnAShip said:

No, you can circle around, drop off your luggage then go back and park.  It's a couple of hundred yards away. Easy Peasy.

I was referring to when returning. Unless we can have someone get the car from the garage and bring it around to where the baggage area is? I may take a ride out there this Sunday and watch the debarkation process.

On 9/10/2022 at 6:47 AM, Singleandnotmingling said:

How strict are the scheduled embarkation times at this port? My flight comes in very early

Cruised the Divina a couple weeks ago and they weren’t strict when I arrived around 12:30 and my appointment was at 2 and was allowed straight in and onboard by 1

• Like 1

On 9/10/2022 at 5:47 AM, Singleandnotmingling said:

I also have a 3pm time.  Thought that was a strange time.   
never been on a msc ship b4.  
I hope I can go earlier.  Seems like a wasted half a day.  

why such a late time     On all my cruises I’ve never been on that late.    

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Exploringbeyonddisney said:

First time MSC. I see from comments that Yacht Club can arrive pretty much any time. What is the earliest port arrival times for Port Canaveral? I want to book a private car from Orlando to port but need to know what time to schedule. Thanks 

I’d have the car pick you up at 10. By the time you get to the port from Orlando you’d be pretty close to being allowed to board. If you arrive too early you may end up hanging out in the waiting room while the ship gets to zero count. 

On 9/9/2022 at 9:58 PM, nemesees said:

GoPort would be ok but my MSC check in is at 3 pm and GoPort last shuttle is at 1pm. I’m trying to  see if they changed the hours.

You might need to go back MSC site (re-check in again) and it probably already changed your check in time.

With 85+ days to go we got 3PM check in time but a few days ago we got 10AM check in time (Black card status + Fantastica experience).  We will park in the garage for an easyearly to get away.

Good Luck

1 hour ago, ChattTenn said:

You might need to go back MSC site (re-check in again) and it probably already changed your check in time.

With 85+ days to go we got 3PM check in time but a few days ago we got 10AM check in time (Black card status + Fantastica experience).  We will park in the garage for an easyearly to get away.

Good Luck

You are right. Our check- in has changed to an earlier time. 10:30am

Does MSC assign check in time based on first come first serve or is this based on another factor. I like most of what I am hearing about MSC and they could steal me away from Carnival, but never in all my years of cruising have I had to board as late as 3pm. 

1 hour ago, nemesees said:

You are right. Our check- in has changed to an earlier time. 10:30am

Just checked ours and it went from 3PM to 10AM.  Our check in time for Seashore was also 10 AM but we didn't board until almost noon.  Not sure the reason for the delay but some said it was because they couldn't get to zero count.  We will probably arrive somewhere between 10:30-11:00 but I don't fancy waiting in a packed holding area again.

For parking, I have started using Port Canaveral Parking.  Grass parking area.  Locked and secured facility.  About $11.95 a day if you do not find discounts online.  About 5-7 minutes from the port. Reservation needed.  You pay when you book.

You pull in, drop off bags and passengers, then go park.  Walk back to loading area.  There are a hand full of covered parking spots for an added fee.

Van driver loads the luggage and brings you to port.  There are different lines to stand in for the different cruises leaving that day.   Once at port, the porters have come up to the van to take luggage. You walk upstairs and start the check in process.

Easy Peasy.

My next MSC cruise will be in the Yacht Club late January.  I might have to roll my luggage to the white tent, but it will be worth it....:)