Port Canaveral for Meraviglia

blueslily

Hello all,

For those of you that sailed out of Port Canaveral during the past few months, what was your experience? I will be driving to the port to sail on the Meraviglia. I've never driven to that port. Any tips? I watched a video and the author described it as easy, but he was just driving there. He wasn't actually going through the process of doing everything to get on a ship. 🤔 Any recommendations or lessons learned to share regarding that Port to board the Meraviglia? 

Thanks

Edited by blueslily

• blueslily changed the title to Port Canaveral for Meraviglia

Port surface and garage parking at Terminal 10 is very convenient, currently $17 per day. A 7-night cruise will be charged 8 days.  Bag drop can be easily done before parking. Terminal 10 is shared with NCL, so parking in the covered garage could be tight. NCL sails on Saturday, MSC Sunday. If you are sailing on Thursday, parking should be easy. There is ample parking though. A lot of folks do park off port.

The white tent for Yacht Club at Terminal 10 is at the bottom of the escalator for terminal entrance. Make sure the porter taking your bags know you are Yacht Club. They will guide you to the tent.

Dennis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all! Certainly not Yacht Club at this point. Booking less expensive cabins. Traveling solo. Thanks so much for the information. It's very helpful. Yes, getting into Miami is nail biting those last 15 minutes of that journey. I'm glad this will be much easier and less stressful. 

6 hours ago, Seadweller001 said:

100% easier and convenient than Miami.

Agree. After cruising out of Port Canaveral recently for the first time in years, we could not believe how easy it was to drive into and out of the Parking Garage compared to Miami. 

• Like 1

After driving to MIA for years, putting up with horrific traffic from Stuart Fl to the port, paying up to $14 to take Carpool lanes and paying $25+ per day to park, PC was a blessing.  Best kept secret of all.

We are hooked on the convenience of PC and even though the MSC PC itineraries are repetitive we still will continue.

The parking at the Terminal 10 garage is sublime.  Drop wife off with luggage, park the car inside and protected, walk over to meet her and proceed up the escalator to check-in.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, waterbabyfish said:

Google go port

Thanks. I’m new to area and never sailed from PC. Would appreciate recommendations from those who have parked, which location as compared to others. Googling doesn’t give that personalized perspective.

1 hour ago, nemesees said:

Thanks. I’m new to area and never sailed from PC. Would appreciate recommendations from those who have parked, which location as compared to others. Googling doesn’t give that personalized perspective.

If you live in Florida GoPort (https://www.goport.com) would be better idea and cheaper because you do not have to drive long to get home and had seen several youtube about this company.

We normally park at terminal parking garage ($136.00 per week) so we could get away sooner.  Lately all our cruises had been from PC because the convenience of it.

Edited by ChattTenn
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ChattTenn said:

If you live in Florida GoPort (https://www.goport.com) would be better idea and cheaper 

I misunderstood the Googling of GoPort being an actual website. I will check this out. Thank you Waterbaby and Chattenn.

Just checked it out and yes I think it would be worth it. As we live in the area, we aren’t in much of a hurry to get home.

thank you again.

Edited by nemesees

On 8/24/2022 at 11:30 AM, Seadweller001 said:

100% easier and convenient than Miami.

We actually moved a cruise from Miami to Port Canaveral for that exact reason.  From Orlando, Canaveral is significantly closer, but so much less stressful driving around. 

An added bonus is that it's also way cheaper per day, especially if you were cruising on RCI, which Miami charges extra for.  Offsite options are better (and safer) too, although the deals are quite as good as they used to be.  For that reason, we started parking onsite, just because we felt the convenience was worth the small difference in price. 

Offsite used to be a quarter of the cost, now it's about 75%ish, which just isn't worth it to us.  Although Park Port Canaveral has a special right now if your cruise is seven nights, our next one is six, so it's not happening for us.  Will say, they're our favorite of the offsite places though (because it's paved lot vs grass or gravel).

Edited by ChrisCJR
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, nemesees said:

I like Cruise Time Parking. Excellent customer service. 

• Like 1

GoPort would be ok but my MSC check in is at 3 pm and GoPort last shuttle is at 1pm. I’m trying to  see if they changed the hours.

Parking at the official port lot is convenient in a way but if parking in the garage, then we would have to haul our luggage all the way from its pickup point all the way to our car.

Tough decisions either way.