change from Ft Lauderdale to disembark in Miami Nov 19--Oosterdam

Stakeout

46 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Roy, I’ll be on the NA and we are scheduled to return to FLL on November 20.  Hoping that hasn’t changed.

Correction to my post.  On November 19 It's Nieuw Statendam November 10, not Nieuw Amsterdam.  As of now there are 7 ships November 19 and 6 November 20 so you should be ok.  I think changing the port for your cruise would violate the PVSA.

Roy

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stakeout said:

already changed to Miami car rental.. just a lot more convenient for us to do it out of Ft Lauderdale.. we try to avoid anything near Miami.. only 25 miles difference but sometimes a nitemare before our 11+ hour drive home

I can appreciate what the extra 25 miles does for a trip home. We are 14+ from FLL (MIA???) if driving so have just accepted that it takes us two days with any form of transportation. This time we are actually traveling in Italy and another cruise beginning October 16. Too long to park a car so we will fly Saturday with a hotel that night and Amtrak home on Sunday.

12 hours ago, Stakeout said:

already changed to Miami car rental.. just a lot more convenient for us to do it out of Ft Lauderdale.. we try to avoid anything near Miami.. only 25 miles difference but sometimes a nitemare before our 11+ hour drive home

I can appreciate what the extra 25 miles does for a trip home. We are 14+ from FLL (MIA???) if driving so have just accepted that it takes us two days with any form of transportation. This time we are actually traveling in Italy and another cruise beginning October 16. Too long to park a car so we will fly Saturday with a hotel that night and Amtrak home on Sunday.

I checked CruiseMapper and it showed Osterdam in Fort Lauderdale on Nov. 19th. It also showed Rotterdam in Fort Lauderdale on November 20th, which  is the day I embark for the 21-day back-to-back.  I don't know why Cruise Mapper website would be wrong but it's cerainly possible. I do know that HAL sometimes makes mistakes. 

18 minutes ago, BobbiSox said:

I checked CruiseMapper and it showed Osterdam in Fort Lauderdale on Nov. 19th. It also showed Rotterdam in Fort Lauderdale on November 20th, which  is the day I embark for the 21-day back-to-back.  I don't know why Cruise Mapper website would be wrong but it's cerainly possible. I do know that HAL sometimes makes mistakes. 

Website has not had time to update.

The only reason the Osterdam can dock in Miami is that it does not return to Miami or Ft Lauderdale. Next sailing is South America. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BobbiSox said:

Cruisemapper is not very reliable. It takes a while for them to update their database.

On 8/25/2022 at 9:17 AM, BobbiSox said:

here's the latest update to our itinerary on the last of our 5 back to backs.. ends  Nov 19.. Miami

Oosterdam Nov2Nov192022Screenshot 2022-08-26 at 21-34-14 Itinerary Holland America Line.png

Edited by Stakeout

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, rchristie58 said:

We complained to HAL about the inconvenience of a change from FLL to MIA since our flights are out of FLL. After I wrote to them with my reasons they offered us free transfers to FLL, on the 19th.

Congratulations, good for you. We’ve complained through our travel agent, and so far, no results. It might be time to “push” again.