Things to keep in mind for a cruise longer than 7 nights

16 hours ago, brillohead said:

If you're Diamond, you each get a coupon for $10 off the $35 bag of wash-n-fold.  

Thanks, that's good to know and yes, I'm Diamond! As I'm a solo traveller and therefore, paying double, would I be entitled to two $10 off coupons?😃Anne

20 hours ago, brillohead said:

If you're Diamond, you each get a coupon for $10 off the $35 bag of wash-n-fold.  

Well, you are right, that's the way it's supposed to be, but unfortunately, since my husband passed away I'm cruising solo, so not sure how that works. Anne

8 hours ago, Mark+Anne said:

Thanks, that's good to know and yes, I'm Diamond! As I'm a solo traveller and therefore, paying double, would I be entitled to two $10 off coupons?😃Anne

Unfortunately, you only get one coupon. (I cruise solo, too.)  However, you do earn an extra point per night for being a solo in a double-occupancy room, so you can get to Diamond Plus more quickly.  At D+ you get one free bag PLUS a $10 off coupon on another bag of wash-n-fold.  

Not sure if you're aware, but as Diamond you'll also get four free drink vouchers per day, good for any drink up to $13 (at D+ you get five vouchers per day).  You can use these for anything from a bottle of water, fresh squeezed orange juice with breakfast, smoothies, fancy coffees at Cafe Promenade, cans of soda, glasses of wine, or cocktails/mocktails.  

I'm taking my first cruise in October since Feb, 2020 - 8 nights on Allure and I plan on packing as light as possible.  I have two identical jersey knit dresses except one is navy and one is black - those along with one other outfit will be all  I take to wear to dinner.

It's a Caribbean cruise, so that will require more casual daytime clothes, but I still don't plan on dragging my entire closet along with me.

Nobody cares or pays attention to clothing anymore and even with my limited wardrobe, I will be better dressed than probably 50% of people in the MDR.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We've not done longer than 8 nights, but we do not go as formal when we fly as we do when we drive to port. Hubby's suit is heavier than just dress pants and a button down shirt and tie. Doesn't take up as much room in the suitcase either. I tend to take black and white capris for dinner and coordinating tops that will go with either and then mix and match. Hopefully I don't spill anything on me during dinner and I can wear same top again. LOL I make sure I pick lighter weight dresses that I can shove into the corners or extra space in my suitcase. 

We do take advantage of the mid week laundry bag and wear our clothes that fit more snugly at the beginning of the cruise. I've found to take it easy with the food on a cruise and eat light meals or salads in balance to avoid that overfull feeling you get from eating too much bread and rich salty foods that maybe you are not used to in your normal day to day life. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Mark+Anne said:

No.  Each person in the cabin gets the "coupons" embedded in the sea pass. One set of "coupons" per person.  Same regarding the drinks per day, photo. etc.

M

12 hours ago, brillohead said:

Unfortunately, you only get one coupon. (I cruise solo, too.)  However, you do earn an extra point per night for being a solo in a double-occupancy room, so you can get to Diamond Plus more quickly.  At D+ you get one free bag PLUS a $10 off coupon on another bag of wash-n-fold.  

Not sure if you're aware, but as Diamond you'll also get four free drink vouchers per day, good for any drink up to $13 (at D+ you get five vouchers per day).  You can use these for anything from a bottle of water, fresh squeezed orange juice with breakfast, smoothies, fancy coffees at Cafe Promenade, cans of soda, glasses of wine, or cocktails/mocktails.  

Thanks.......very helpful information! Anne

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

No.  Each person in the cabin gets the "coupons" embedded in the sea pass. One set of "coupons" per person.  Same regarding the drinks per day, photo. etc.

M

Thanks, I really appreciate the info!! Anne

5 hours ago, mek said:

I'm taking my first cruise in October since Feb, 2020 - 8 nights on Allure and I plan on packing as light as possible.  I have two identical jersey knit dresses except one is navy and one is black - those along with one other outfit will be all  I take to wear to dinner.

It's a Caribbean cruise, so that will require more casual daytime clothes, but I still don't plan on dragging my entire closet along with me.

Nobody cares or pays attention to clothing anymore and even with my limited wardrobe, I will be better dressed than probably 50% of people in the MDR.

Indeed you will!  🤗

On 8/26/2022 at 10:33 PM, mtsublueraider said:

We’ve got our first 9 night on deck. Is there anything to keep in mind when sailing that long? I’m sure the wash and fold bag will come in handy! And the sticker shock at auto gratuities. But…. Any packing tips or help? 

Can’t  wait! 

Just pack 2 or 3 days' extra undies, and you're all set.

Edited by shipgeeks
too long