Experience More Packages

swigso

Hello

it has been a while since we sailed with Azamara, I know we have had the break due to Covid, but our 

last sailing was in 2018. So can I ask a few questions about these packages.

Thinking about the enjoyment package which shows $500 shore excursion credit - Can this be used for anything or only for shore excursions.

How would the ship know? For example if I purchased a wine package on board?

Also this package has the premium drink package, can I upgrade to the ultimate and if so would the charge be deducted from any OBC

many thanks 

Edited by swigso

We've booked experience more packages several times and the OBC was exclusively for shore excursions. Pretty easy for the system to only allow it to be applied to excursions so I wouldn't expect that a wine package would qualify.  

Edited by ECCruise
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, nooosey said:

Have they increased the price of the dining packages? I seem to remember that the three night package was $702129267448_Screenshot2022-08-28at17_20_17.thumb.png.6c5a683ddd5308c9ac613a3a40737ede.png

Yes- we're on the Quest now and it took effect this sailing.  $5 more per night is reasonable given that the price of food has increased so much.

• Like 2

On 8/28/2022 at 9:30 AM, nooosey said:

Have they increased the price of the dining packages? I seem to remember that the three night package was $702129267448_Screenshot2022-08-28at17_20_17.thumb.png.6c5a683ddd5308c9ac613a3a40737ede.png

Wondering... is it possible to purchase the Chef's Table only?

Also, have there been any sightings of "Rice Table?"  During past cruises it has been one of our favorite Azamara dining experiences.

1 hour ago, Ithikan said:

Wondering... is it possible to purchase the Chef's Table only?

Also, have there been any sightings of "Rice Table?"  During past cruises it has been one of our favorite Azamara dining experiences.

Yes, you can purchase the Chef's Table separately.

On our 3 AZ sailings since the start up, no sign of the Rijsttafel Rice Table on any of them. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, SomersetCruiser999 said:

Can you buy the ‘essential experience more’ package onboard using onboard credit?

Yes. We bought one previously go to guest relations the charge goes to your account which your obc clears 

• 4 weeks later...

Above, it was mentioned that you can upgrade from the Premium to the Ultimate drink package if you buy an Experience More package. I always understood you can upgrade your drink package ONLY if it was part of the booking, and not if the Experience More package was purchased on-board. I would prefer Enjoyment package versus the Indulgence level but I would like the Indulgence Ultimate beverage package and would pay the $7 upgrade per day for 2 versus the extra $500. Can anyone clarify?

Best Regards, John 

On 8/27/2022 at 8:40 PM, ECCruise said:

We've booked experience more packages several times and the OBC was exclusively for shore excursions. Pretty easy for the system to only allow it to be applied to excursions so I wouldn't expect that a wine package would qualify.  

I usually sail with Celebrity and they have similar packages but the OBC is given for spa treatments. However if the credit is not used for the spa it can still be used for any other purchases. What would happen if a trip was booked but then cancelled would the credit be lost. 

Edited by swigso

13 hours ago, PSULionLV said:

Above, it was mentioned that you can upgrade from the Premium to the Ultimate drink package if you buy an Experience More package. I always understood you can upgrade your drink package ONLY if it was part of the booking, and not if the Experience More package was purchased on-board. I would prefer Enjoyment package versus the Indulgence level but I would like the Indulgence Ultimate beverage package and would pay the $7 upgrade per day for 2 versus the extra $500. Can anyone clarify?

Best Regards, John 

We had the Enjoyment package included on our Quest cruise in August. We were able to upgrade the drink package to the ultimate package at the bar for $7 per person per day less our loyalty discount (which they had forgotten to apply even though they marked it on the upgrade form, but Guest Relations quickly resolved that when I brought it to their attention).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, swigso said:

I usually sail with Celebrity and they have similar packages but the OBC is given for spa treatments. However if the credit is not used for the spa it can still be used for any other purchases. What would happen if a trip was booked but then cancelled would the credit be lost. 

Depends when it’s cancelled. If it’s cancelled before the end of the cruise the credit would go back to your account. If you hadn’t spent it by the end of the cruise it would be lost.

Just a general comment for UK resident travellers re:  packages. Packages are priced in US$. If you buy before travel you pay in Sterling - and as of mid-September at least, the exchange rate was extremely favourable - so good I hesitate to spread the word in case they change them. Add that to the fact we are a 21-night cruise in December, and package prices are the same as for any 8+ night cruise, the packages are very good value

• Like 1

18 hours ago, swigso said:

What I do not understand is why can it only be used for excursions, I would like to use it for the spa, how do they know what it is used for .

Does this credit have a special code?.

Yes, I recall it was coded for each use (spa, laundry, excursions, etc.). I was definitely told it could not be shifted around.

On 10/5/2022 at 6:10 AM, wjfan417 said:

We had the Enjoyment package included on our Quest cruise in August. We were able to upgrade the drink package to the ultimate package at the bar for $7 per person per day less our loyalty discount (which they had forgotten to apply even though they marked it on the upgrade form, but Guest Relations quickly resolved that when I brought it to their attention).

That was my question. You had it included as a benefit to your cruise purchase,  but if you buy the package on board, I'm not sure you can upgrade your drink package.

The on board credit with the packages as I understand it is for shore excursion.  Does this mean you have to wait until you are on board to use it or can you pre book excursions and pay for it with your on board credit.

10 hours ago, lizzy41 said:

The on board credit with the packages as I understand it is for shore excursion.  Does this mean you have to wait until you are on board to use it or can you pre book excursions and pay for it with your on board credit.

As soon as you buy the package the OBC shows up in your account and you can use it to buy excursions.

On 8/28/2022 at 12:30 PM, nooosey said:

If the dining package prices have increased, have the onboard prices for an individual dinner also gone up? What are the current prices for the specialty restaurants (I thought they were $30 pp) and the Chefs Table?

31 minutes ago, Chot50s said:

If the dining package prices have increased, have the onboard prices for an individual dinner also gone up? What are the current prices for the specialty restaurants (I thought they were $30 pp) and the Chefs Table?

I think it is still $30, just means you don’t save as much as you used to.