Has VIVA Entertainment been announced?

36 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

Where will the homeport be on the Viva, since the homeport of the prima is being split between Miami and Galveston. Right now, Miami only goes to 12/3/3023. I'd like to know more about 2024.

Not sure if you can call the Prima "homeported". She visits Galveston once in the next year and Miami 3 times:

2 cruises from New York 10/22 (Bermuda and repositioning)

1 cruise from Galveston 10/22 (repositioning) 

3 cruises from Miami 11/22-12/22 (Western Caribbean)

14 cruises from Port Canaveral 12/22-3/23 (Western Caribbean)

8 cruises from New York 3/23-5/23 (Bermuda)

Then returns to do a dozen cruises out of Reykjavik/Southampton 5/23-9/23

And that take her to late September next year.  

There is a gap in the Prima's schedule, so there is a big TBD for 2024. Right now, the Prima schedule picks up in December doing Western Caribbean from Galveston, then back to Reykjavik/Southampton

Viva shows some Med/Greek Isles/Iberian Peninsula stuff 8/23-11/23, then Southern Caribbean from San Juan 12/23-3/24,. then back to the Med/Greek Isles/Iberian Peninsula in 4/24

Edited by BirdTravels

Thanks for the replies.

Question to self now is do I book Encore which has Kinky Boots/Choir of Man both of which I love, even though I’ve already sailed and really enjoyed her.  Or do I take a leap of faith and book Viva and hope the entertainment offerings are just as much to my liking? Considering I can get a balcony on Encore for what I’d pay for an interior on Viva.  It’s a tough choice

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Thanks for the replies.

Question to self now is do I book Encore which has Kinky Boots/Choir of Man both of which I love, even though I’ve already sailed and really enjoyed her.  Or do I take a leap of faith and book Viva and hope the entertainment offerings are just as much to my liking? Considering I can get a balcony on Encore for what I’d pay for an interior on Viva.  It’s a tough choice

I would never pick a cruise based on what shows are in the theater. Book the new ship. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

I would never pick a cruise based on what shows are in the theater. Book the new ship. 

This is where we differ (and having differing opinions is a GREAT thing!).  The main theater entertainment is an important element of the cruise experience to me, especially on a line like NCL.  For example - I would NEVER book Joy because of Footloose.  Only touring Broadway show I ever walked out of - absolute garbage!  I'm not going to pay the premium to sail NCL if I'm not going to enjoy the headline show.  Same reason I would not sail Oasis of the Seas (CATS).  Each to their own I guess!

• Like 1