The separation continues benefit reciprocity to RCI/X ends 1st Feb 2023

uktog

I have also just received the email. Yes, it was expected at some stage.  Nice that we will keep our current levels though.  I guess the new owners wouldn’t want to start everyone new at the same time, while also acknowledging loyal Azamara guests and wanting to them to continue booking Azamara cruises.

• Like 1

Not clear how much to read into this new wording, but it sounds like maybe folks who have sailed on only Celebrity will keep their Azamara status (second bullet point).  If so, that's a nice change for them.

31 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Not clear how much to read into this new wording, but it sounds like maybe folks who have sailed on only Celebrity will keep their Azamara status (second bullet point).  If so, that's a nice change for them.

Didn’t someone post earlier that they had to sail once on Azamara before their Celebrity status kicked in?  My take is the if you are Celebrity Elite for example but take your first Azamara cruise after February next year, you will be a newbie with no status. If you have already cruised with both lines, you can continue to rise up the Celebrity levels between now and Feb 1 and that will be recognised by AZ.

Edited by Port Power

2 minutes ago, Port Power said:

Didn’t someone post earlier that they had to sail once on Azamara before their Celebrity/RCL status kicked in?  My take is the if you are Celebrity Elite for example but take your first Azamara cruise after February next year, you will be a newbie with no status.

That had been the clear message before.  But this new email says 'If you sail on Azamara or Celebrity.'  What's really confusing is the use of the verb 'implies.'  Doesn't the person who wrote this know if it's yes or no?

5 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

That had been the clear message before.  But this new email says 'If you sail on Azamara or Celebrity.'  What's really confusing is the use of the verb 'implies.'  Doesn't the person who wrote this know if it's yes or no?

Aah…I understand. I think they mean “the implication being” you must complete your Celebrity cruise before February 1. However, it would have been much clearer just to firmly state, “This means you will have to complete….”.

I am interested in how this actually pans out. I have some status on RCCL and was told when I booked my Azamara cruise that this would be reflected once I start my first Azamara cruise. Sadly this isn't until April, two months after the February implementation date.

2 hours ago, Norn Iron Man said:

I am interested in how this actually pans out. I have some status on RCCL and was told when I booked my Azamara cruise that this would be reflected once I start my first Azamara cruise. Sadly this isn't until April, two months after the February implementation date.

You can hope that this IT project, like most IT projects, will continue to run late...

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Norn Iron Man said:

In addition, if your status is just with Royal but not with Celebrity, you would not receive equal status with Azamara anyway.  Celebrity acknowledges Royal status and gives complimentary benefits, but doesn't infer actual Celebrity status.

3 hours ago, Port Power said:

In addition, if your status is just with Royal but not with Celebrity, you would not receive equal status with Azamara anyway.  Celebrity acknowledges Royal status and gives complimentary benefits, but doesn't infer actual Celebrity status.

I had checked with Azamara when I booked that they would upgrade my Azamara status to reflect my RCCL status.  Its not a deal breaker and I certainly won't be losing any sleep over it.

22 hours ago, Port Power said:

Didn’t someone post earlier that they had to sail once on Azamara before their Celebrity status kicked in?  My take is the if you are Celebrity Elite for example but take your first Azamara cruise after February next year, you will be a newbie with no status. If you have already cruised with both lines, you can continue to rise up the Celebrity levels between now and Feb 1 and that will be recognised by AZ.

You are correct. If you click on "Learn More" at the end of the email and then look at the "Transition FAQ's", it states that one cruise is required on Azamara before Feb to be able to carry over credits previously earned on Celebrity. 

2 hours ago, BuckGood said:

So we will Retain our current status on all three cruise lines then? 

No. Read the whole message, click on Learn More at the end and read the transition faq"s.

And the confusion continues:  the email at the top of this thread says clearly that you will no longer earn points or have reciprocity after February 1, 2023.  

But the August Loyalty Newsletter, which I received today, sends you to a webpage that says "In 2021, we announced that we would be separating from Royal Caribbean Group, but would continue to honor reciprocity benefits. Please note that this will come to an end in March 2023.  After March 2023, you will be an exclusive Azamara Circle Member, which means we will no longer have reciprocity benefits with Celebrity Cruises and Royal Caribbean."

https://www.azamara.com/loyalty-newsletter-august-2022?ecid=em_23926480&rid=171054905&emsc=USA_PG_DISC_HH_YESBKFUTURE&emct=E&lnkid=https%3a%2f%2fazamara.com%2floyalty-newsletter-august-2022

That page then links back a website page with the Feb. 1 date.  So ... Feb. 1, Mar. 1, sometime in March, or the end of March???  You pays yer money and takes yer cherce...

8 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

And the confusion continues:  the email at the top of this thread says clearly that you will no longer earn points or have reciprocity after February 1, 2023.  

But the August Loyalty Newsletter, which I received today, sends you to a webpage that says "In 2021, we announced that we would be separating from Royal Caribbean Group, but would continue to honor reciprocity benefits. Please note that this will come to an end in March 2023.  After March 2023, you will be an exclusive Azamara Circle Member, which means we will no longer have reciprocity benefits with Celebrity Cruises and Royal Caribbean."

https://www.azamara.com/loyalty-newsletter-august-2022?ecid=em_23926480&rid=171054905&emsc=USA_PG_DISC_HH_YESBKFUTURE&emct=E&lnkid=https%3a%2f%2fazamara.com%2floyalty-newsletter-august-2022

That page then links back a website page with the Feb. 1 date.  So ... Feb. 1, Mar. 1, sometime in March, or the end of March???  You pays yer money and takes yer cherce...

Didn't the update email from the president of Azamara stress how they were going to improve their communication. Is it really that hard to release a coherent plan and statement? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Got this from Celebrity recently (especially the second FAQ):

As you may know, The Royal Caribbean Group sold Azamara to Sycamore Partners, a private equity firm, in March 2021. Since the sale, we have continued to award Captain’s Club Points on Azamara sailings.

As of February 1, 2023, this benefit will change, and members will only earn points for the cruise line they are sailing on. When sailing on Celebrity, members will earn Captain’s Club points only, and when sailing on Azamara, members will earn Azamara Circle points only. Members will keep any Captain’s Club Points or Azamara Circle Points earned on or before February 1, 2023.

Below are Frequently Asked Questions related to this update.

HOW WILL THE SALE OF AZAMARA AFFECT MY CAPTAIN’S CLUB AND AZAMARA CIRCLE ACCOUNT?

• Points and status earned in either program on or before February 1, 2023, will not be impacted.
  • For Azamara sailings that conclude on or before February 1, 2023, members will continue to earn both Captain’s Club and Azamara Circle points. For Azamara sailings that conclude after February 1, 2023, members will only earn Azamara Circle points.
  • For Celebrity Cruises sailings that conclude on or before February 1, 2023, members will continue to earn Captain’s Club points and Azamara Circle points, if they have at least one Azamara sailing. For Celebrity Cruises sailings that conclude after February 1, 2023, members will only earn Captain’s Club points.

AS A CAPTAIN’S CLUB MEMBER, WILL I HAVE STATUS AND POINTS WITH AZAMARA IF I HAVE ONLY EVER SAILED WITH CELEBRITY AS OF FEBRUARY 1, 2023?

No. To have had status or points with Azamara, you must have at least one past sailing with Azamara as of February 1, 2023.

WILL THE RECIPROCITY BENEFITS BETWEEN CELEBRITY CAPTAIN’S CLUB AND ROYAL CARIBBEAN CROWN & ANCHOR SOCIETY CONTINUE?

Yes. There will be no change to the reciprocal benefits between Captain’s Club and Crown & Anchor Society.
  • Thanks 1

I think you will continue to show as Discoverer Plus until Feb. 1, at which point you will lose that status because you will have no Azamara points.  [But I wouldn't be surprised if you did keep your full status...]

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to The separation continues benefit reciprocity to RCI/X ends 1st Feb 2023
1 hour ago, Hapytocruise said:

We’re first time Azamara on January 27th, 2023 sailing and Elite Plus on Celebrity. Our booking info online has us listed as Discovery Plus. Obviously we will not have completed our cruise by February 1st. I’m confused. 
can anyone clarify? Thanks 

As @Host Jazzbeau implied, you will commence the cruise as Discover Plus and receive status perks for the whole cruise.  However, on completion you will just have the points from this cruise now on your Azamara Circle profile.