Can I cruise to Alaska without a vaccine?

TeanneTX

I know that there are a bunch of lines that are opening up cruises to the non-vax.  We want to finally get to go to Alaska but all stop in Canada.  Can you just stay on the ship during the stop in Canada?  Does anyone know if you can do this or is there another board to ask this question?

Teanne

45 minutes ago, TeanneTX said:

I know that there are a bunch of lines that are opening up cruises to the non-vax.  We want to finally get to go to Alaska but all stop in Canada.  Can you just stay on the ship during the stop in Canada?  Does anyone know if you can do this or is there another board to ask this question?

Teanne

Being fully vaccinated is a requirement for everyone aged 12 yrs and older, with very few exceptions. This is a requirement to embark/disembark a cruise ship in Canada, or even be aboard a ship that docks in Canada.

No, you cannot just stay onboard, as by being onboard, you have already entered Canada.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Heidi13 said:

Being fully vaccinated is a requirement for everyone aged 12 yrs and older, with very few exceptions. This is a requirement to embark/disembark a cruise ship in Canada, or even be aboard a ship that docks in Canada.

No, you cannot just stay onboard, as by being onboard, you have already entered Canada.

Darn-I was hoping Canada would change their rules.  Wish the US would allow cruises to go to and from Alaska without stops in Canada.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TeanneTX said:

Darn-I was hoping Canada would change their rules.  Wish the US would allow cruises to go to and from Alaska without stops in Canada.

You can always try the Alaska Ferry system, or check out the US Flag cruises, but they tend to be expensive.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 10:30 AM, Mountaineer0313 said:

Not as far as I know. My husband grudgingly got vaccinated, since I told him I was heading to Alaska with or without him, his choice. So he got it done with a month to spare and we leave Monday.

I understand.  Vaccination is not an option for us unfortunately.  Guess we'll just wait it out and see if Canada changes its policies.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2022 at 2:01 PM, TeanneTX said:

I understand.  Vaccination is not an option for us unfortunately.  Guess we'll just wait it out and see if Canada changes its policies.

Doubt it. They still require masks in airports and on airplanes. You also must be vaxxed even for a domestic flight in Canada.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DLASflyer said:

Doubt it. They still require masks in airports and on airplanes. You also must be vaxxed even for a domestic flight in Canada.

Masked on flights within Canada, yes. But the vaccine requirement to fly within Canada has been dropped.

29 minutes ago, bcwife76 said:

Masked on flights within Canada, yes. But the vaccine requirement to fly within Canada has been dropped.

Flying on Air Canada next weekend from Los Angeles to Vancouver. Will we need to be masked for the flight and at the YVR airport?

20 hours ago, Ashland said:

Flying on Air Canada next weekend from Los Angeles to Vancouver. Will we need to be masked for the flight and at the YVR airport?

I don't know about the LAX part but during the flight they will ask you to put your mask on once you enter CDN airspace and yes you will need to wear it the entire time you are in the Vancouver airport.

3 hours ago, bcwife76 said:

I don't know about the LAX part but during the flight they will ask you to put your mask on once you enter CDN airspace and yes you will need to wear it the entire time you are in the Vancouver airport.

No...LAX does not require it...We've flown out/in several times in the past few months, so sure of that part. But thanks for your reply.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2022 at 7:04 PM, bcwife76 said:

LAX (and all transportation hubs in Los Angeles County) requires masking

It is announced every few minutes over the loudspeakers, but unenforced

I last flew through there mid-August

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Just booked a Carnival Alaska cruise for summer '23. Accoring to Carnival website and confirmed by my Carnival rep, unvaccinated with a negative PCR test is permitted for Canada cruises. He also stated that an onboard complimentary test will be given prior to debarking in Canada:

• Canada: All guests age 5 years and older have to present a PCR test taken within 3 days before sailing or an antigen test within 2 days before sailing. Additionally, unvaccinated guests will be given a complimentary test on board, within 24 hours of arrival to port, to comply with destination requirements.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, spleenstomper said:

Yea!!!  So happy that they have lifted all their restrictions.  Now to plan some cruises.

• Like 1