Live Reports - Cruising on Coral Princess September 2022.

32 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Wow. So everyone has to stay indoors? I e never seen a medical so wouldn’t know protocol. Do they announce it’s happening and tell you to remain in cabin?

hope the person is okay 🙏🏻

Just those that have cabins on the port side this time, which is presumably the side the helicopter will approach from. Stay off the balcony and keep the balcony door closed.

Plus, of course, no-one is allowed on the upper open decks. It makes sense. If the worst happened and the chopper crashed they don't want passengers getting injured.

Luckily the weather has improved. It's been cloudy and rainy most of the day but it's cleared up just in time.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Can I just confirm for boarding Coral Princess in regards to Covid tests, you just need a negative RATS within 24hrs (or PCR 72hrs).  It doesn’t need to be dated or timed? (unlike Carnival Aust - there in no mention of date/time that I can see in the t&cs for Princess Aust). So just a photo of the negative RATS taken on the phone is sufficient? Thanks.  

Ok I found what I’d read in the medallion app. Screenshot attached

782427EF-2B2D-4F68-8E9E-CA974BAF102E.png

38 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Wow. So everyone has to stay indoors? I e never seen a medical so wouldn’t know protocol. Do they announce it’s happening and tell you to remain in cabin?

Yes, first we had one announcement that there would be a medi-vac. Then another advising the helicopter was on it's way, crew to flying stations, passengers on the port side stay off the balconies. We should get another announcement once the medi-vac is complete.

30 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

We have had a couple, with one landing on the helipad on Radiance of the Seas.

Anyone on the open decks is rounded up, and directed inside, then they block access. They will usually announce at least one side of the ship to stay off their balconies for safety reasons. 

Not every day a ship heads in towards Rockhampton.

1617989126_download(31).thumb.png.c731cd66034f54d8fcde9e3eff3ef49b.png

23 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We were advised this was required earlier this month. 

Screenshot_20220929-150159_Messages.thumb.jpg.efe4b5ab4c9ede3a8f622fe93db09f2a.jpg

I stand corrected.

Cruising in 9 days, and not yet advised.

Perhaps two differences to our upcoming 3 night cruise:

The length of the cruise

The cruise goes to a foreign port, specifically PNG.

31 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Well, watiya know. This wasn't there when I logged in at the weekend. Just logged onto the personaliser to see if I could find updated information, to be greeted by this popup.

Capture_49.thumb.jpg.a79d98de237a8625173499fc6eae31c4.jpg

So far we haven't had to show the photo but it's better to have it than not.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Either there aren't many Elite passengers currently onboard or Coral has an exceptionally efficient laundry. We left a bag of laundry to be done on our bed last night. The clean laundry came back around 5:30pm today. 

We had our laundry back the same day most times during my 4 cruises.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Either there aren't many Elite passengers currently onboard or Coral has an exceptionally efficient laundry. We left a bag of laundry to be done on our bed last night. The clean laundry came back around 5:30pm today. 

Same here, put two bags in the other week back within 2 days.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Same here, put two bags in the other week back within 2 days.

We used service for first time on our cruise in June. Very impressed by both the speedy service but the quality of the service. Shirts were ironed fantastic!

8 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

We used service for first time on our cruise in June. Very impressed by both the speedy service but the quality of the service. Shirts were ironed fantastic!

Agree, I have not used an iron in a couple of years, nice of Princess to iron my  clothes, ye gods even my pajamasI mean who irons pj’s? Mind you probably spent spent 100k on Princess in past 20:years. They owe me in elite laundry, lol.

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 2