Live Reports - Cruising on Coral Princess September 2022.

33 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Another newbie question please - do you need to get to the theatre early or are there plenty of seats?

And what are the main shows on the Coral right now? Thanks

We usually go to the late show. We arrive about 30 minutes before the show to get the seats we like but there are still seats available close to start time.

The exception is when the On The Bayou show is on in the Universe Lounge. It's very popular so get there early.

The other shows are Encore, Buddy Holly, and Motor City, plus solo entertainers and comedians.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We usually go to the late show. We arrive about 30 minutes before the show to get the seats we like but there are still seats available close to start time.

The exception is when the On The Bayou show is on in the Universe Lounge. It's very popular so get there early.

The other shows are Encore, Buddy Holly, and Motor City, plus solo entertainers and comedians.

Is there an update on the comedians as seems most had very poor reviews on the first few sailings?

31 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Is there an update on the comedians as seems most had very poor reviews on the first few sailings?

Not from us, we're not going to many shows on this cruise. I'd rather listen to Paul C McD in Crooners - he has me in fits, better than any stage comedian!

• Like 2

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

Not from us, we're not going to many shows on this cruise. I'd rather listen to Paul C McD in Crooners - he has me in fits, better than any stage comedian!

Thats good to know. 

We actually didn't do any shows on our June B2B trip as we were keeping a very low profile in case there were any hiccups to us not being able to complete our four trips. We knew we would be on again for 28 days round aus and could see as many as we wanted then. Will definitely check out crooners.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Another newbie question please - do you need to get to the theatre early or are there plenty of seats?

And what are the main shows on the Coral right now? Thanks

Get there early for the early show and Universe Lounge.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We've noticed something a bit strange on this cruise. On the other cruises the evening dining seemed to be spread fairly evenly throughout the evening. On this cruise there is a mad rush, resulting in big queues, around 7:15pm. I just had a chat to Yalcin, the Club Class Head Waiter, and he ran out of tables the other night as everyone arrived at once. It was the first time that's happened to him. We wait until around 8pm to get a table now. That suits us OK as we always used to choose Late Dining on ships with traditional dining and that was often at 8:30pm.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We've noticed something a bit strange on this cruise. On the other cruises the evening dining seemed to be spread fairly evenly throughout the evening. On this cruise there is a mad rush, resulting in big queues, around 7:15pm. I just had a chat to Yalcin, the Club Class Head Waiter, and he ran out of tables the other night as everyone arrived at once. It was the first time that's happened to him. We wait until around 8pm to get a table now. That suits us OK as we always used to choose Late Dining on ships with traditional dining and that was often at 8:30pm.

Is it a different demographic? We are early diners and we’re not club class this time so be interesting to see how that goes. 
many major changes to menus?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

Is it a different demographic? We are early diners and we’re not club class this time so be interesting to see how that goes. 

Nothing wrong with normal MDR dining. Come join the riff raff. lol.  Above all enjoy.  I just turned up at 6pm to 6.30pm each night, asked for a big table to share, straight in, never waited a minute. Always on table of 6 or 8.  Worked out fine and plenty of choices on menus.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Nothing wrong with normal MDR dining. Come join the riff raff. lol.  Above all enjoy.  I just turned up at 6pm to 6.30pm each night, asked for a big table to share, straight in, never waited a minute. Always on table of 6 or 8.  Worked out fine and plenty of choices on menus.

I’m usually with the riff raf and don’t mind at all 🥰

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

On this cruise there is a mad rush, resulting in big queues, around 7:15pm.

A beginners question.  I booked speciality dining in advance and made it 7.30 pm.  It is on a port day and I'm planning on a long and adventurous excursion, so now I'd like to change the time to later, so I can rest and recover before dinner.  Can I do that now, or do I have to wait until I am on the ship?

• Like 2

Just now, cruiser3775 said:

A beginners question.  I booked speciality dining in advance and made it 7.30 pm.  It is on a port day and I'm planning on a long and adventurous excursion, so now I'd like to change the time to later, so I can rest and recover before dinner.  Can I do that now, or do I have to wait until I am on the ship?

You could perhaps change it on the 'Dining My Way' section of medallion app. It has the capability of changing... cancelling/re booking etc.  Failing that do it on board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiser3775 said:

You can change individual bookings on the app.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cbtours said:

A different dining demographic at least. 

No change to menus but more different ones, of course, on longer cruises.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

A different dining demographic at least. 

No change to menus but more different ones, of course, on longer cruises.

Julie...Are you Club Class, dining with the 'speshul people' or with the steerage pax in the normal Bordeaux/Provence MDR's. 

Trivia question...You know why the MDR's are thus named?

Answer..'Because the ship was built in France.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Julie...Are you Club Class, dining with the 'speshul people' or with the steerage pax in the normal Bordeaux/Provence MDR's. 

Trivia question...You know why the MDR's are thus named?

Answer..'Because the ship was built in France.

No Club Class this time, just the regular MDRs. We still tend to go to Bordeaux, mainly because we usually have our predinner cocktail at Good Spirits.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruiser3775 said:

Just turn up when you're ready to dine. You should have no problems getting a table around 8pm or later.

We have no bookings at all because of problems with the app due to the short turnaround between our cruises but we never have to wait for a table as long as we avoid the queues.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

No Club Class this time, just the regular MDRs. We still tend to go to Bordeaux, mainly because we usually have our predinner cocktail at Good Spirits.

Of course they’re speshul wherever they go 🥰🥰

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, Bordeauk mdr is right next to Good Spirits bar. The latter is the best bar on Coral.

Edited by NSWP