MSC Meraviglia

Singleandnotmingling

Thanks for the add! I’m new to MSC but not new to cruising. I impulsively booked a 4 night cruise out of Cape Canaveral on the Meraviglia for November. I booked the “Bella” balcony room. I truly don’t care too much about the stateroom because I don’t spend much time in there, but I like to be able to open the door a bit when I sleep. I’ve been doing a lot of research on MSC and I just have a few questions. I understand that there is a part of the ship that is only for yacht club members. That’s okay I don’t need all of that, but what are the perks of the other tiers beneath the yacht club? Besides just quality of balcony room/view? 

I’m not a huge drinker, I plan to drink but not enough to justify having the unlimited drinks as a perk. I do plan to purchase the Wi-Fi package. I am also a 30 year old female traveling solo. 

Here are my main questions:
1.) Will I be able to get a table for 1 in the main dining room, or will I be paired with others? I normally don’t mind being paired with others, but this is a bit of a stress relief trip for me and prefer to just sip my wine and read my book while I eat dinner.

2.) can I purchase a bucket of domestic beers? 5 beers to a bucket that I can have for a little while?

3.) are all of the shows complimentary, or do you have to pay extra for some of them? 

4.) how long after booking a Bella balcony room can I expect a cabin number 

I did the 4 day cruise out of CC 2 months ago.

1.  I was seated at MDR table by myself.  I did not ask.  It just happen.

2.  Sure you can purchase bucket of beer for yourself.

3.  All shows are complimentary.

4.  Not sure.   I booked  1 level up and booked room number at same time.

As for the internet, I think if you book before getting on the ship, it might be a tad cheaper.  1 got it for 1 day.  Think it cost me $35.

Edited by FireEater

42 minutes ago, FireEater said:

I did the 4 day cruise out of CC 2 months ago.

1.  I was seated at MDR table by myself.  I did not ask.  It just happen.

2.  Sure you can purchase bucket of beer for yourself.

4.  Not sure.   I booked  1 level up and booked room number at same time.

As for the internet, I think if you book before getting on the ship, it might be a tad cheaper.  1 got it for 1 day.  Think it cost me $35.

Thank you! I’m looking forward to being a solo cruiser. It’s my mental health retreat 😊

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, FireEater said:

not necessarily true on the Meraviglia. There are "paid for" shows which include the signature cocktail (where Cirque used to be).

Also, do not assume that you will get a table for 1. When you board the ship there will be a time to meet the maitre d' to check on your seating arrangement (usually around 3pm).  You can find out then if you are assigned to a singles table (which is getting more common again now that passenger counts are up) or if you are by yourself.  I'd guess 80% that you are assigned to a table with others BUT THIS IS YOUR chance to change to a "1 ONLY" table.  You might have to be flexible with your dining times but they will do what they can to make you happy.  (Ditto with breakfast and lunch in the main dining room.  The default is to share a table because it is infinitely more efficient, but if you do not just say "1 not to share" or "1 only" and that will get you a small table by yourself ... and your book...)  Cheers!

2 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

Does this also apply to a table for 2?  Can we get a table by ourselves or do we have to share?  If we book the late seating is there time enough to see the shows?

When you embark go to Dining Room (someone will be at one of the Dining Rooms to take requests) to find out what size table you are at. We have always had success in getting our table assignment changed to a “table for two.” I believe those at Late Seating go to the first show. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2022 at 8:32 PM, Singleandnotmingling said:

Thanks for the add! I’m new to MSC but not new to cruising. I impulsively booked a 4 night cruise out of Cape Canaveral on the Meraviglia for November. I booked the “Bella” balcony room. I truly don’t care too much about the stateroom because I don’t spend much time in there, but I like to be able to open the door a bit when I sleep. I’ve been doing a lot of research on MSC and I just have a few questions. I understand that there is a part of the ship that is only for yacht club members. That’s okay I don’t need all of that, but what are the perks of the other tiers beneath the yacht club? Besides just quality of balcony room/view? - Bella = European low cost airline ticket (Ryanair style); guaranteed stateroom. No dining priority. No free breakfast room service. A no frills cruise experience. Fantastica = Long haul Economy class airline ticket. It's your classic cruise ticket with classic cruise experience. Aurea = Long haul Economy Plus airline ticket. It's such a half suite model with some discounts aboard, flexible dining time, and some better cabins. IMHO; it is far overpriced for what it is right now.

I’m not a huge drinker, I plan to drink but not enough to justify having the unlimited drinks as a perk. I do plan to purchase the Wi-Fi package. I am also a 30 year old female traveling solo. 

Here are my main questions:
1.) Will I be able to get a table for 1 in the main dining room, or will I be paired with others? I normally don’t mind being paired with others, but this is a bit of a stress relief trip for me and prefer to just sip my wine and read my book while I eat dinner. - Depending on your actual sailing pax number it might be possible. Do note though that it is not a guaranteed success.

2.) can I purchase a bucket of domestic beers? 5 beers to a bucket that I can have for a little while? Maybe. Back in the day they used to have a coupon package for some 14 Heineken draft beer servings that was quite affordable. Not anymore as I'm aware of.

3.) are all of the shows complimentary, or do you have to pay extra for some of them? On the Mera class they may have one or 2 cirque like shows with a drink that are a pay for. On certain repositioning/calendar adjusting cruises they be unavailable though.

4.) how long after booking a Bella balcony room can I expect a cabin number Don't know. I usually purchase my cruises out of a specialty TA's charter group, always as a guaranteed cabin, really similar to Bella experience, and usually I only know my cabin number less than one month from sailing. Things may be different on the American market though.

On 9/2/2022 at 5:35 PM, FireEater said:

We were on Mera a few months ago and all the shows were complimentary. The venue that at one time was Cirque was a “rock show” amd it was different every night and excellent  The performing group was often seen about the ship, friendly and approachable. But as groups change, not sure if still there. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sleeping with the door open is a HUGE no-no. Did you know that in doing so, you deactivate the a/c in your surrounding staterooms thereby potentially negatively impacting your fellow cruise passengers?  I have first hand experience with this recently on Seashore. Our next door neighbors slept with their balcony door open and consequently our AC was off. It was miserable at night and there was nothing I could do about it. The concierge seemed unwilling to say anything to the guests and so we just suffered. No exaggeration. Not trying to tell you what to do but awareness is key. We are on the Mera in November for a 4 nighter as well. We booked an inside YC cabin. Lol. Maybe there’s hope in having a cool room. 

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

14 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Sleeping with the door open is a HUGE no-no. Did you know that in doing so, you deactivate the a/c in your surrounding staterooms thereby potentially negatively impacting your fellow cruise passengers?  I have first hand experience with this recently on Seashore. Our next door neighbors slept with their balcony door open and consequently our AC was off. It was miserable at night and there was nothing I could do about it. The concierge seemed unwilling to say anything to the guests and so we just suffered. No exaggeration. Not trying to tell you what to do but awareness is key. We are on the Mera in November for a 4 nighter as well. We booked an inside YC cabin. Lol. Maybe there’s hope in having a cool room. 

Oh I’m so sorry, I definitely didn’t know that to be the case. I wouldn’t want to hinder upon anyone else’s sleeping, so maybe I’ll just sleep outside on the balcony 🤣 I just live in southwest Florida where the air is hot and still, and I’m looking forward to living in the breeze !

• Like 1