Looking for a good restaurant in Cocoa Beach.

hrmkr

Hello,

We will be arriving a few days early for a cruise going out of Port Canaveral.  Trying to find a good restaurant to go to.  We eat all types of food.

I looked on several websites and the top listed restaurant was Florida Fresh Grill.  I wanted to see if someone has eaten there or a local can give their recommendations.

Thanks

53 minutes ago, Ptown said:

If you're looking for a Mom & Pop breakfast try the Southern Comfort restaurant.  I walked there from the Raddison last Janurary.  Nothing fancy, just great home cooking! 😋

Dave 😎

It’s actually called Southern Charm…..

If you want a cool eclectic play to eat and have a few drinks try Preacher Bar next door to the Radisson.  Really cool place with really good food!!

check out their reviews on Trip Advisor…

99999809-3E76-4A44-A02D-F7ED32F0679A.jpeg

Edited by GTO-Girl
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Capt_BJ said:

maybe I should ask what your definition of 

GOOD

is .......

Something on the level of Florida Fresh Grill.  Possibly that has good fresh fish or Seafood.

Edited by hrmkr
Add more information

On 9/2/2022 at 5:41 PM, hrmkr said:

Hello,

We will be arriving a few days early for a cruise going out of Port Canaveral.  Trying to find a good restaurant to go to.  We eat all types of food.

I looked on several websites and the top listed restaurant was Florida Fresh Grill.  I wanted to see if someone has eaten there or a local can give their recommendations.

Thanks

Florida Fresh is very good. It is not that big and can get quite crowded. My only complaint is that the tables are just too close together. If you went early and not on a Saturday it would be OK.  It is a favorite of ours and our neighbors.

3 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Florida Fresh is very good. It is not that big and can get quite crowded. My only complaint is that the tables are just too close together. If you went early and not on a Saturday it would be OK.  It is a favorite of ours and our neighbors.

I looked at the menu and there were many fresh fish options. 

Capt _BJ (above) suggested Fat Snooks.  

Anywhere else to consider?

don't write off Grills in the port ..... if some of the food is too 'ordinary' the view MORE than makes up for it.  We prefer Grills to the other port spots as more of the food is grilled and not fried as is the case with many beach fish places .....

https://www.grillsseafood.com/

fresh lion fish anyone? ... quite tasty - not always available - bought from local divers ..... a very mild flaky white fish .... Grills does an appetizer or dinner, with teriyaki glaze. (perfectly safe to eat ... the danger is in the top spines which as you can see are cut off <before cooking>)  https://www.grillsseafood.com/lionfish-invasion/

froiled-lionfish-grills.jpg

>>>> Fat Snook is one of those 'special dinner' places ..... Emeril visited!

Edited by Capt_BJ

3 hours ago, Capt_BJ said:

don't write off Grills in the port ..... if some of the food is too 'ordinary' the view MORE than makes up for it.  We prefer Grills to the other port spots as more of the food is grilled and not fried as is the case with many beach fish places .....

https://www.grillsseafood.com/

fresh lion fish anyone? ... quite tasty - not always available - bought from local divers ..... a very mild flaky white fish .... Grills does an appetizer or dinner, with teriyaki glaze. (perfectly safe to eat ... the danger is in the top spines which as you can see are cut off <before cooking>)  https://www.grillsseafood.com/lionfish-invasion/

froiled-lionfish-grills.jpg

>>>> Fat Snook is one of those 'special dinner' places ..... Emeril visited!

This place looks good. If we go, might try the Lionfish (to say I have had it) and sounds good.

• 2 weeks later...