Vegetarian Menu

Phils01

We were on the Apex a few weeks back and all four MDRs have vegetarian menus, you just need to ask your wait staff. They were also happy to get some Indian items from the OV café buffet, but you have to request this a day in advance. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, prish said:

We were on the Apex a few weeks back and all four MDRs have vegetarian menus, you just need to ask your wait staff. They were also happy to get some Indian items from the OV café buffet, but you have to request this a day in advance. 

Thank you for the info

Professor Cruise has a list of the vegetarian menus, with some photos. She's vegetarian, so a good resource for vegetarian options on all cruise lines. I'd also suggest combining an MDR menu with some buffet grazing, so you can get the best of both, with the limited vegetarian choices in the MDR. I usually eat at 8 in the MDR, and do an early light dinner in the buffet.  That's especially true with the Indian and pasta buffet selections, and Celebrity does a good job of labeling everything, and with one station geared towards vegetarian dishes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, marys350 said:

Nice to see that there would actually be different choices for 2 solid weeks!

Hoping we can get this in Blu - part of the reason we book Aqua is in hopes that the smaller dining room is more easily available to accommodate special requests.

1 hour ago, chamima said:

Hoping we can get this in Blu - part of the reason we book Aqua is in hopes that the smaller dining room is more easily available to accommodate special requests.

Easy as asking once on board.  Just understand your choices might be a bit limited 

24 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Easy as asking once on board.  Just understand your choices might be a bit limited 

I am printing out the vegetarian portion of the menu and will bring it with me.

Just hoping - not counting on anything.

Our past experiences REALLY vary according to the waiter and the Blu dining room manager. Am hoping the menu might be helpful to the less creative staff.

Edited by chamima

My daughters are vegan and I am vegetarian.  We were given the vegetarian menus every night. Normally one choice was vegan.  The vegetarian dishes were very reliant on cheese, mushrooms and aubergine. We would have preferred more dishes with lentils/ beans for protein. We preordered for the next night ( only really necessary for vegan) and they would have made us anything we requested. One night we asked for Dahl. We were on the Apex and it was sailing at half capacity- maybe this wouldn’t have happened if the ship was full. We never had any problem eating at Oceanview Cafe - there’s lots of veggie options as well as a vegan corner. I was able to view the vegetarian menus on the app beforehand, maybe check menus on the app for other ships?? You need to scroll down, past the children's menu. Hope this helps.

8 hours ago, chamima said:

Hi - we’ve just disembarked from Constellation and were in Aquaclass. Ate in Blu every night. The waiter asked on the first night if we had any dietary requirements. I told him I was vegetarian, so every night I got the regular Blu menu (with plenty of vegetarian choices) and the vegetarian menu from MDR. I could mix and match e.g. starter from one menu, main course from another. Hope that helps! 

4 hours ago, JintyGirl said:

Hi - we’ve just disembarked from Constellation and were in Aquaclass. Ate in Blu every night. The waiter asked on the first night if we had any dietary requirements. I told him I was vegetarian, so every night I got the regular Blu menu (with plenty of vegetarian choices) and the vegetarian menu from MDR. I could mix and match e.g. starter from one menu, main course from another. Hope that helps! 

We haven't sailed on the Constellation but I think I remember that on that class of ship the Blu kitchen is right next to the MDR kitchen. On the S class the Blu kitchen is far away from the MDR kitchen so it means the waiter would have a long walk to get anything from the MDR.

I am vegetarian and have always found something on the Blu menu that works but my husband is a vegan and , in the past, has always had to have special meals made. We usually order for him the night before (so the waiter doesn't have to leave in the middle of dinner service to get his meal) but the success in  his meals usually depends, as I previously said, on our waiter and the Blu dining room manager. So it would be nice to have vegan options on a menu so we didn't have to depend on how good the crew is on our cruise.

And to Scottishclover - Our next cruise isn't until 2023 , but when I look at menus in the App there is nothing beyond the kids menu in the MDR and, in Blu, there isn't even a kids menu at all. Maybe the cruise is too far in the future.

Edited by chamima

@chamima if you click on the current sailing on the Apex on the App, then main dining, then the menu on Cyprus you will find the vegetarian menu. I was mistaken, you need to scroll right down to after the desserts. Maybe your cruse is too far in the future or the app is just a bit unreliable. We are sailing on the Beyond next year and the vegetarian menu is also missing. I found seeing the menus on the app beforehand really useful but tbh our servers were amazing and took time to make sure the meals worked out for us. 

21 hours ago, marys350 said:

11 minutes ago, stellarose said:

we are not aqua class. have not sailed on celebrity in over 10 years.  we are vegetarians. wonder what the menu will be for us in the MDR. the veg menu on carnival is the same daily. 

The vegetarian menu posted above is for the MDR.

It has 14 days of different meals!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stellarose said:

we are not aqua class. have not sailed on celebrity in over 10 years.  we are vegetarians. wonder what the menu will be for us in the MDR. the veg menu on carnival is the same daily. 

There are not that many choices on the vegetarian menu however what they had looked good.  We ordered vegetarian many times.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Any issues with a non-vegetarian ordering some items from the vegetarian menu and some items from the regular menu?  

From what I am seeing, the number choices in the MDR have been reduced this year so having additional options would be helpful.  (Although, it does look like about half the items on the vegetarian menu are already on the regular menu.   Do I have that right?)