When is gym empty?

cruizergal70

Pre covid,

Usually on sea days I get up 9am ish, get some breakfast, we get 2 loungers out on the pool deck and I try to do a work-out about 1-2 pm. 

Only a couple people in the gym, steam room to myself.

Never tried 5pm, I would think not many people are thinking of the gym at that time.

• Like 2

I find the mornings to be busiest from opening (which is now 7 or 8 pm when I was on the elation 2 months ago) to about 9:30 am. 

It's usually the emptiest the hour before it closes. 

Edited by DrSea

Seriously, you are asking why the gym is mostly empty? Carnival is a booze and Buffet cruise. People complain pizza is not available 24 -7. I have never heard anyone complain about the gym hours or over crowding.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, ledges1 said:

Seriously, you are asking why the gym is mostly empty? Carnival is a booze and Buffet cruise. People complain pizza is not available 24 -7. I have never heard anyone complain about the gym hours or over crowding.

I didn't ask why.  I asked WHEN. There can be a crowd in the morning as I've experienced on some cruises.

Edited by cruizergal70
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, cruizergal70 said:

I usually workout early in the morning when the gym first opens (6 am). While it's not crowded, the crowd increases as time rolls on in the morning. 

Has anyone gone to the gym after 5 pm? Is there a crowd? When is the gym mostly empty?

OP love the question and I am following.... I never used the gym or spa on the ship until recently. On my 2 cruises since the restart I loved spending time in the gym and spa area. Those 2 cruises were well under capacity so I didn't get a true sense of how popular the area is but it was never crowded anytime.