Shore Excursion Selection Process Questions

pappy1022

It’s been a couple of years since I went through the shore excursion selection process on Regent and I remember the late night frustrations trying to get shore excursions booked using different devices, Apple MAC, Dell PC and Apple iPad and gave up after trying all of these devices for over 1+ hours. I finally had to call Regent the next morning to get my excursions booked and wound up being on a wait list for several primary choices. It was well documented at the time that the Regent website had severe problems with booking excursions. Well, it is less than a week before I can select my shore excursions for our next cruise. This time, all I have is my iPad to do the selections. Has Regent fixed/improved their website to accommodate the selection process? Has anyone successfully used an iPad to make their selections? If I wind up having to call a Regent person, what time are they available and is their a long wait time to talk to someone? I’ve read on these boards that getting a real person on the phone can take a long time. And lastly, where do I go on my account to start the selection process? I have already made my first and second selections on paper for each port.

" Has Regent fixed/improved their website to accommodate the selection process?"  Define "fixed/improved."  😜

"Has anyone successfully used an iPad to make their selections?" Yes.  But it was frustrating. I had to do it from a hotel room and it dropped a couple of times and lost all my selections, so I had to start over.

My best advice is to select the excursions that you want the most then save them. Then go back in and pick whatever ports are left.  

I did a complete selection for the 61 night Grand Cruise the Jan. (ended up cancelling, sadly).   I had very few glitches, but I did save periodically so I was locked in.  

10 minutes ago, pappy1022 said:

It’s been a couple of years since I went through the shore excursion selection process on Regent and I remember the late night frustrations trying to get shore excursions booked using different devices, Apple MAC, Dell PC and Apple iPad and gave up after trying all of these devices for over 1+ hours. I finally had to call Regent the next morning to get my excursions booked and wound up being on a wait list for several primary choices. It was well documented at the time that the Regent website had severe problems with booking excursions. Well, it is less than a week before I can select my shore excursions for our next cruise. This time, all I have is my iPad to do the selections. Has Regent fixed/improved their website to accommodate the selection process? Has anyone successfully used an iPad to make their selections? If I wind up having to call a Regent person, what time are they available and is their a long wait time to talk to someone? I’ve read on these boards that getting a real person on the phone can take a long time. And lastly, where do I go on my account to start the selection process? I have already made my first and second selections on paper for each port.

Hi @pappy1022 - yes, we have made significant improvements as of a few months ago to the backend, with numerous guests since that time commenting that it was vastly improved and what used to take a very long time and was a frustrating experience now being done in just a matter of minutes. You shouldn't have any issues on your iPad, but please comment to this thread should you experience any problems.

After you log-in to My Account and add your booking (you can do that now if you haven't already" there will be a link to reserve shore excursions for your booking.

For our Southern Carribean next April I used my iPad and no problems at all. Just went down the list, port by port, and booked.

At one point changed my mind and had to call to remove the previously selected excursion. Got right through and it was dropped in less than a minute on the phone.

1 hour ago, Arlopop said:

For our Southern Carribean next April I used my iPad and no problems at all. Just went down the list, port by port, and booked.

At one point changed my mind and had to call to remove the previously selected excursion. Got right through and it was dropped in less than a minute on the phone.

I think Regent has said that they'll add the ability to cancel previously selected excursions to the web site at some point since it is a waste of both our time and that of the Regent rep to do this manually.  However, if you have to cancel an excursion, you can also ask the rep to add the replacement, if any.

I booked my excursions for a cruise next year on my ipad a couple of weeks ago, and it was fast and much easier than in the past. If it is a cruise of some length, do follow papaflamingo’s advice and lock in the excursions most important to you first, then go back and do the rest, just to be safe. The only downside to this is that you’ll get separate emails for each time you go in and book.

I also had to call on another issue. They open at 8:30 am ET. I called promptly at that hour and got right through. However, don’t call on a Monday or the day after a holiday. That’s when it’s hardest to get through.

I agree with Portolan's point on calling Regent to cancel or change a booking.  Waste of everyone's time. 

Hey Portolan, I looked for you on Voyager last week before Amsterdam but too many men with grey beards floating around the ship to say hello!