Suites lounge on Anthem of the seas: worth upgrading?

dleahy4444

When sailing on Oasis class ships we usually try to book a grand suite so that we have access to the suites lounge. We like that they offer beer and wine most of the day and the lounge is adjacent to the coastal kitchen. We have an upcoming sailing on the Anthem and are booked in a junior suite which seems very nice and big enough for the hubby and I. The only reason we would consider upgrading to a grand suite would be to have access to the suite lounge. Is it worth it? It doesn’t appear to have the complementary wine and beer during the day. Do they have a complementary happy hour? Is it adjacent to the coastal kitchen?

That would depend on the difference in price.  

On my next Harmony cruise...it's over 2K to upgrade from JS....not worth it for me.  And actually prefer the layout of the JS over the GS on that ship.  Though I do love CK...I can buy a lot of specialty restaurant meals with that.  😉   

• Thanks 1

Yes, there are complimentary drinks during the set time in the evening. There is no bar directly in the lounge, so you have to order a drink from one of the waiters there. Outside of the hours for the concierge, there is no RCCL staff there. The other negative is that the lounge is a trek all the way to the back of the ship. 

Also, there is a Coastal Kitchen, but it's not adjacent or part of the lounge. It's next to Windjammer. 

Edited by I Love RCI
Added more info
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, I Love RCI said:

Yes, there are complimentary drinks during the set time in the evening. There is no bar directly in the lounge, so you have to order a drink from one of the waiters there. Outside of the hours for the concierge, there is no RCCL staff there. The other negative is that the lounge is a trek all the way to the back of the ship. 

Also, there is a Coastal Kitchen, but it's not adjacent or part of the lounge. It's next to Windjammer. 

Same set up with Odyssey.   Indeed a loooong trek to the very aft of the ship past all the cabins back there for the SL.   Did love Coastal Kitchen on that one though.  Wonderful floor to ceiling windows for great view..and bigger area than on Oasis class.  

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for your responses. From what has been posted it doesn’t seem that the lounge has much to offer. Certainly would not be the reason to upgrade. Since we are already booked in a junior suite we can have dinner in the coastal kitchen provided they have availability and we  have 3 specialty restaurants booked. So I’m not sure if I want to upgrade in order to have breakfast and lunch there. We usually order room service to enjoy breakfast on our balcony, and lunch is hit or miss on port days. It’s tempting to throw in a minimum bid on a grand suite for the extra space but probably not worth the $

• Like 1

Hello,

Despite the low numbers, the speed of the bar service was funereal at best.

I hope it is a different waiter in two weeks time.

Regards.

Cublet

Edited by cublet
add. info
  • Haha 1

I understand the Anthem suite/concierge lounge doesn't have beer and wine all day as on O class ships, but what about water, coffee and other non-alcoholic drinks? I am trying to decide if upgrading to a Grand suite negates the need for a refreshment package since hubby will only use it for espressos, cappuccinos and bottled water.

42 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

I understand the Anthem suite/concierge lounge doesn't have beer and wine all day as on O class ships, but what about water, coffee and other non-alcoholic drinks? I am trying to decide if upgrading to a Grand suite negates the need for a refreshment package since hubby will only use it for espressos, cappuccinos and bottled water.

No.  (except for the coffee machine)

During the day, it's just a big empty (beautiful) room with a coffee machine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello,

Water, tea and coffee - but coffee only sometimes. The poor coffee machines is not at all well looked-after and is often out of action. And as it's the coffee machine that produces the hot water to make tea you might be out of luck there too.

Regards,

Cublet

• Thanks 1