The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday September 8th, 2022

richwmn

Good afternoon, 

This cruise is winding down and Saturday it's home to all the "stuff" we do on a daily basis. Meanwhile tonight is Gala night, we've had one Lincoln Center Stage performance and there are 2 more to go this evening and I have to get some non-refundable on-board credit spent! 

The Captain made a very nice announcement at 11:45 AM regarding the passing of Queen Elizabeth II. It was very well said and you could hear the reactions of those who hadn't heard the news yet. She was an incredible woman in so many ways. I was born in 1953 so the only monarch I've known. I had a number of Elizabeths in my classes and I have several friends/family members with Elizabeth as their middle name. 

Ketchikan was glorious today. By 10:00 AM I'd done the shopping, purchased all of DH's required fudge, and was back on board. I was on the balcony calling my mom (who is 96 and a going concern) and I was getting too hot and could have easily been out suntanning! It was warm, blue skies, and just a perfect day in what is usually an overcast or rainy stop. 

Off to change and head to dinner. Thanks for everyone's input on here. I read the Daily several times a day! 

Karen

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

Good Evening to all

First of all RIP to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth.  She was surely a remarkable woman.

Now for my news.  

We have moved to a hotel.  Not exactly what I was hoping for, but it was the one I chose because it is 4 1/2 miles from home.  We have decided to stay here until next week and then move to someplace better in Savannah.  

The insurance rep had a medical emergency yesterday and apologized profusely for not being available,  However, he made up for it today.

Tomorrow we have an appointment with the adjuster at 11 am and then Jim has a doctor’s appointment at 2:30.  So we are glad to be nearby.

Next Wednesday we have an appointment with the General Contractor and he will assess the situation and determine the cost and the length of time to get the work done.  We have two months of hotel stay booked and it is not a problem to change hotels.

We have also decided that we will probably go to Barbados in the beginning of October as planned since there is nothing that we can do or change here.  Besides, we need the rest.

So that is my update.  I have not read the posts.  I have been busy all day.  Had nothing to eat except a sandwich.  It has been another crazy day.

I hope you are all well.

I will try to post tomorrow after we meet with the adjuster.

God Bless.

Terri

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5

41 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good Evening to all

First of all RIP to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth.  She was surely a remarkable woman.

Now for my news.  

We have moved to a hotel.  Not exactly what I was hoping for, but it was the one I chose because it is 4 1/2 miles from home.  We have decided to stay here until next week and then move to someplace better in Savannah.  

The insurance rep had a medical emergency yesterday and apologized profusely for not being available,  However, he made up for it today.

Tomorrow we have an appointment with the adjuster at 11 am and then Jim has a doctor’s appointment at 2:30.  So we are glad to be nearby.

Next Wednesday we have an appointment with the General Contractor and he will assess the situation and determine the cost and the length of time to get the work done.  We have two months of hotel stay booked and it is not a problem to change hotels.

We have also decided that we will probably go to Barbados in the beginning of October as planned since there is nothing that we can do or change here.  Besides, we need the rest.

So that is my update.  I have not read the posts.  I have been busy all day.  Had nothing to eat except a sandwich.  It has been another crazy day.

I hope you are all well.

God Bless.

Terri

Ah, so glad to hear that things are improving and you're in a hotel.  I didn't realize that you're so close to Savannah.  Savannah is DH's hometown and where most of my in-laws live. 

Good to hear that you have a trip to Barbados planned too, you need it!  🙂  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good Evening to all

Now for my news.  

I hope you are all well.

God Bless.

Terri

Terri, I'm glad you have a calmer place to stay while the housenis repaired.

Lenda

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good Evening to all

Now for my news.  

I hope you are all well.

God Bless.

Terri

Excellent plan and glad things are falling in place.  Many years ago when worry of black mold was a concern, one of my shower valves behind the travertine tile let loose like your toilet.  Rather than break through the travertine, they went through the drywall in the living room.  Fear of mold, insurance sent us to a hotel for a month.  Hated to be away from home, but after seeing the construction mess, glad we weren’t there.  Try to treat it as a small ‘vacation’! 

• Like 3