Charge for changing bed configuration?

fabric_fabric

7 minutes ago, fabric_fabric said:

Has anyone been charged for changing the bed configuration on your reservation? I have read that Celebrity is now charging for this!

No, absolutely not. If it happens it's a mistake and a call to Celebrity will solve the problem. But 100% no charge. 

22 minutes ago, fabric_fabric said:

Has anyone been charged for changing the bed configuration on your reservation? I have read that Celebrity is now charging for this!

And just where did you read this? And a link would be nice...

I have never heard of such a thing on any line I've cruised...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fabric_fabric said:

This is true!

I asked to have my bed configuration changed.
I wanted the bed placed into a Penthouse suite instead of a balcony cabin. They said “There’s a charge for this.”  

• Haha 22

For those who asked this was in Celebrity Cruise Line All Aboard F-Bk group which has over 50,000 members. I would have posted a link or screenshot but I know CC does not like it. I have tried to located the post again for a screenshot but cannot locate it so it must have been removed. The poster was complaining about additional charges after final payment and he/she stated one was for changing the configuration on the bed. The poster alleged she was on the phone for hours trying to get it and other charges straightened out and Celebrity reps repeatedly stated it was legit. I do know Celebrity monitors the group so she may have had her issue(s) resolved.

1 hour ago, fabric_fabric said:

For those who asked this was in Celebrity Cruise Line All Aboard F-Bk group which has over 50,000 members. I would have posted a link or screenshot but I know CC does not like it. I have tried to located the post again for a screenshot but cannot locate it so it must have been removed. The poster was complaining about additional charges after final payment and he/she stated one was for changing the configuration on the bed. The poster alleged she was on the phone for hours trying to get it and other charges straightened out and Celebrity reps repeatedly stated it was legit. I do know Celebrity monitors the group so she may have had her issue(s) resolved.

There was a similar post from a regular poster here, I think his screen name is STOCKJOCK and had a similar experience booking a new cruise, but he finally got it straighten out. It may be a programming blip/error but you can be 100% sure there no charge to have the beds put together or apart.  To think otherwise is simply foolish. 

5 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

There was a similar post from a regular poster here, I think his screen name is STOCKJOCK and had a similar experience booking a new cruise, but he finally got it straighten out. It may be a programming blip/error but you can be 100% sure there no charge to have the beds put together or apart.  To think otherwise is simply foolish. 

There was a discussion started by a person who wanted the bed by the window instead of bathroom

5 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

There was a discussion started by a person who wanted the bed by the window instead of bathroom

That's a WHOLE different discussion and speaks to different cabin categories within AND between decks. It has NOTHING to do with the bed being by the window or bathroom.