Currently on Divina - embarked Sept 18

cellfree

41 minutes ago, styles27 said:

For example we’re cruising Divina for 14 days 12/30-01/13 but that cruise is also being sold as a 17 day, a 10 day and a 4 day itinerary. 
When I look at my sailing some categories are sold out however the 10 day and 4 day itineraries are showing rooms in those “sold out” categories. 
So I guess those rooms aren’t available for the full 14/17 days but are for the shorter itineraries. 

Viking Ocean does the same thing, especially in the Mediterranean.  Itineraries are available in 7-night cruises, or you can book 14-night, 21-night, 28-night cruises on the same ship.  The longer the cruise "block", the harder it is to find availability since staterooms can be booked by other guests on one of the shorter blocks.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2022 at 7:50 PM, styles27 said:

Sure. We don’t like the super big mega ships. We’ve tried a couple and felt like we were always waiting in lines whether it be for an elevator or at the buffet or just to get on or off in ports.
Definitely not our idea of fun.

We also don’t care about having go kart tracks or water parks etc. on board. 

Divina is the perfect size in our opinion. She’s large enough to offer a lot of beautiful venues but not so big that we walk thousands of steps getting around each day. Long lines have also not been a problem which is great. 

If I had to choose one ship to cruise on for all future cruises, Divina would be our choice.  There’s something to be said about cruising the same ship over and over again. It’s like coming home. We know where everything is. 😊

This is how we felt about the Pearl.  

She was designed for Seattle and Alaska. Dale Chihuly contributed art for ship.

we sailed every year to Alaska on our anniversary.

It felt like our home away from home. We knew every “secret” most passengers are not aware of.

Became friends with HD Prem and Cary. 

It was so sad when NCL decided to bring mega ships into Seattle. Port had to be rebuilt for large ships.
When we sailed on the Bliss….realized how much we missed the Pearl.

That is about the time we started sailing MSC.

It is our new love..when we are onboard….

Next month we sail Divina for first time. Really looking forward to this size ship and experience.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, phissy said:

This is how we felt about the Pearl.  

She was designed for Seattle and Alaska. Dale Chihuly contributed art for ship.

we sailed every year to Alaska on our anniversary.

It felt like our home away from home. We knew every “secret” most passengers are not aware of.

Became friends with HD Prem and Cary. 

It was so sad when NCL decided to bring mega ships into Seattle. Port had to be rebuilt for large ships.
When we sailed on the Bliss….realized how much we missed the Pearl.

That is about the time we started sailing MSC.

It is our new love..when we are onboard….

Next month we sail Divina for first time. Really looking forward to this size ship and experience.

I didn’t know Pearl was used for Alaska itineraries. 
We liked the size of Pearl but we really missed the indoor solarium type pool and hot tubs. 

It’s chilly sailing from Boston to Bermuda in April and we felt like the ship needed that.
Of course our grandson had no problem playing in the outdoor pool with all of the other kids while I, Grammy was trying to stay warm watching him. 

I think you’ll really enjoy Divina. It’s a beautiful ship with so many nice little bars and lounges to sit and listen to music or just read a book. 

• Like 1

I will be cruising on the Divina in October for my first time on MSC. I booked a Yacht Club stateroom and curious what the menu in Le Muse looked like. If you have time to post a picture, I would very much appreciate it. 

• 2 weeks later...