Specialty Restaurants for Lunch

minhstin

5 minutes ago, minhstin said:

Hello.  I will be cruising on the Encore.  Do specialty restaurants open for lunch?  Thanks!

Not that I've ever seen with these exceptions:

On the smaller ships that do not have a separate "Haven" restaurant, Moderno or Cagney's is dedicated to Haven passengers for breakfast and lunch.

On at least the Sun, Moderno has a pizza bar open to everyone at lunch.

• Like 1

Food republic is typically open a few days and if you're using specialty dining, you may be able to get two lunches if there are two of you.  They'll let you order four items per specialty dining credit, and two items are often great plenty.  DW, DD and I have actually stretched it further than that. 😎

7 hours ago, minhstin said:

Hello.  I will be cruising on the Encore.  Do specialty restaurants open for lunch?  Thanks!

On Sea Days, American Diner and Food Republic are open for lunch. There is no sushi bar on the Encore (you get sushi at Food Republic). And Teppanyaki is not open (that's on smaller ships with limited tables for dinner). 

image.png.bd3d268df959dbefd0ab91058477ead5.png

On Port Days, only the American Diner is open for lunch. 

image.png.acee8d20965781035d4c23ff213fa713.png

15 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Food republic is typically open a few days and if you're using specialty dining, you may be able to get two lunches if there are two of you.  They'll let you order four items per specialty dining credit, and two items are often great plenty.  DW, DD and I have actually stretched it further than that. 😎

How does that work?  Will they let you use one dining credit for two people if you only order 4 items?  Is that only for lunch or will that work for dinner too?  Four items is just way too much food for one person at Food Republic.  😄

6 hours ago, lgdesign said:

How does that work?  Will they let you use one dining credit for two people if you only order 4 items?  Is that only for lunch or will that work for dinner too?  Four items is just way too much food for one person at Food Republic.  😄

We've used one specialty credit for three of us.  I just wanted a bowl of that fancy soup and DW and DD split the other three items.  That was probably lunch, but I don't believe it makes any difference.

• Like 1

RCCL has one specialty restaurant open for lunch on embarkation day and one or two open on sea days which I like. If you have their unlimited dining package you can use it for lunches and dinner. If not the lunches are about half price versus the dinner costs and the menus have less items but are still pretty extensive. Would like to see NCL do something similar.

11 hours ago, lgdesign said:

Yes. We do this on most cruises. We were actually given 5 items on a recent cruise... which is way more than one (and even two) people can eat. But, be forewarned, Food Republic is only open for 90 minutes for lunch. And you should get there right at opening (if not slightly before) because the kitchen gets back up quickly.