Testing for Cruises Embarking in Athens

caymancouple

Just seen the following post on the other social media platform under an Azamara heading.

JUST RECEIVED THIS from TRAVEL AGENT 

Greetings Azamara Team,
We wanted to inform you that effective today we are not required to enforce proof of negative antigen/PC test for our guests boarding at the port Piraeus. This is great news as this will help with our guests boarding experience.
Journey for tomorrows turn we will do the check-in with out this additional step. We should have the guests only going through the vaccination verification, wellness check and check-in.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Just seen the following post on the other social media platform under an Azamara heading.

JUST RECEIVED THIS from TRAVEL AGENT 

Greetings Azamara Team,
We wanted to inform you that effective today we are not required to enforce proof of negative antigen/PC test for our guests boarding at the port Piraeus. This is great news as this will help with our guests boarding experience.
Journey for tomorrows turn we will do the check-in with out this additional step. We should have the guests only going through the vaccination verification, wellness check and check-in.

Good news but I’ll believe it when I see it in writing from Azamara for my sailing October 18.  Website has not been updated. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Desert Cruisers said:

Good news but I’ll believe it when I see it in writing from Azamara for my sailing October 18.  Website has not been updated. 

Okay, but UKTOG just confirmed it in her live from Greece and Croatia thread

• Like 2

Yes, I know that individual posted that she didn't need a test.  But folks who boarded October 1 posted that a test was required and that testing was not available at the dock.  There's time before my sailing for Azamara to update passengers.  Just frustrated and disappointed by the lack of customer attention on the part of Azamara. Combine it with the confusion over the dock location - what a mess.

• Like 3

Spoke with an Azamara Circle rep this morning.  Couldn't get thru to anyone on the main line. Relayed to her what is happening on the Journey.  Made no difference to her.  Official line is that local authorities have not informed Azamara of any changes and, hence, testing is still required.  She also stated that Azamara is not doing testing at the pier.

If you are currently on the Journey, would appreciate you taking a few moments to ask on-board management whether there has been an official change in the rules.  Thanks a bunch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Desert Cruisers said:

Spoke with an Azamara Circle rep this morning.  Couldn't get thru to anyone on the main line. Relayed to her what is happening on the Journey.  Made no difference to her.  Official line is that local authorities have not informed Azamara of any changes and, hence, testing is still required.  She also stated that Azamara is not doing testing at the pier.

If you are currently on the Journey, would appreciate you taking a few moments to ask on-board management whether there has been an official change in the rules.  Thanks a bunch.

...and yet....I have an email from Azamara ,received 29/9, stating that testing is being offered at the pier for $59.00.

Curiouser and curiouser.......

I received a research survey today and conveyed my disappointment at the poor/ non / confusing / conflicting communication  being experienced surrounding Piraeus.........for what it's worth...

1 hour ago, cpristash said:

Just received a call from my cruise broker at 5:00 p.m….TESTING NO LONGER REQUIRED!!,!!,!, on the Journey/Athens!

BEST.NEWS.EVER!!!!

We received an Azamara email this afternoon stating  that as of Oct 5 "the Greek Government announced that cruise lines will no longer require their guests to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test prior to embarkation for voyages that start and end in Greece. Although Azamara no longer requires COVID-19 embarkation testing for your voyage, we recommend that our guests take a COVID-19 test prior to traveling for your safety and the safety of others."

• Like 1

We embarked the Journey at Piraeus on September 24. We tested at a pharmacy close to the port that morning. 
We were told at check in that the test results were no longer required. They didn’t even look at them. 

Edited by CruiseFlee
  • Like 1