Testing for Cruises Embarking in Athens

caymancouple

25 minutes ago, caymancouple said:

Talking a cruise out of Athens.  AZAMARA website says antigen test must be within one day.   So cruise leaves on Saturday at 5pm.  So any time after 5 on Friday?   I have a 1pm check in,  so any time after 1pm on Friday, or ANY time on Friday.??

I queried this with Azamara when the testing first started and was told it was any time the day before.

• Like 2

I am hoping it is any time (which is what I was told).... we will be having a test about 11 tomorrow (which is 1300 Athens time) on the way to the airport, but will not check in at Athens until 1400

I will let you know after Saturday if I hit a problem

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, uktog said:

I am hoping it is any time (which is what I was told).... we will be having a test about 11 tomorrow (which is 1300 Athens time) on the way to the airport, but will not check in at Athens until 1400

I will let you know after Saturday if I hit a problem

That would be very helpful - we embark in Athens in 5 weeks!

45 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

Where did you get tested?  I am having the same problem w another cruise line.

DON

It was at a pharmacy in the Plaka. We had to make an appointment. This is the address according to my credit card statement. 

36966490-F385-497B-A762-C3D6D7C18E72.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Lookyboy said:

I am reading that the port of Athens has dropped this test as of last night (Friday 23rd September). This could be a great relief to those of us who want to simply test before we leave home.

Correct just boarded at Athens today. My £44 yesterday for 2 tests was unnecessary but hey ho. So no tests needed for Athens 😀😀😀

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lookyboy said:

I am reading that the port of Athens has dropped this test as of last night (Friday 23rd September). This could be a great relief to those of us who want to simply test before we leave home.

Hi,

we will be embarking on the 27th October, can you provide a link regarding testing? I have just checked the Azamara site and that is still showing testing required. Has anyone received a communication from Azamara confirming that testing is no longer required? It will be a great relief if true.

Regards

4 hours ago, uktog said:

Correct just boarded at Athens today. My £44 yesterday for 2 tests was unnecessary but hey ho. So no tests needed for Athens 😀😀😀

That's great news.  Too bad the timing just missed for you.  :classic_sad:  But you know you're negative – here's hoping you'll stay that way through an enjoyable cruise! 😃

• Like 1

When will the “Greek authorities” make an announcement …it is still on the list of countries that “require”:either a PCR (3 days prior to sailing) or Antigen ( 1 day ahead);which I am assuming Is 24hrs. prior to embarkation…..

t

They can’t make it fast enough as this is one “stressor”I would  LOVE to get rid of!!!,

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cpristash said:

When will the “Greek authorities” make an announcement …it is still on the list of countries that “require”:either a PCR (3 days prior to sailing) or Antigen ( 1 day ahead);which I am assuming Is 24hrs. prior to embarkation…..

t

They can’t make it fast enough as this is one “stressor”I would  LOVE to get rid of!!!,

No one has yet posted an official Greek government statement that required these tests, so I very much doubt you will ever see one saying the requirement is gone.  This is one of those things you are just going to have to trust Cruise Critic posters on.  

@uktog [post #11 above] and @excitedofharpenden* are among the most experienced Azamara sailors and reliable Cruise Critic posters I know – they both say they just got on Azamara Journey in Athens (Piraeus) without needing a test result, and I believe them.

* here:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Pamelalynn said:

Hi there, we are leaving October 15th out of Athens (Piraeus) We were told we required a negative Covid test prior to Embarking.  Where did you see that it is no longer required.  Thanks in advance! 

Check out the thread "Definition of within one day" and you will see that many experienced long time cruisers have posted that the tests they had done prior to embarkation were no longer required by the port authority at Piraeus when they boarded a few days ago.

[Edit:  these posts have been moved to the mentioned thread.  Scroll up to see the reports from Azamara cruisers that testing is no longer required for Athens. —Host Jazzbeau]

• Like 1

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Testing for Cruises Embarking in Athens

In response to my “phone call to Azamara”  I handed that task over to my cruise broker….his findings were….”there have been no changes as of yet”

I find this interesting….as we have boots on the ground so to speak and they contradict each other! Ugh!

"btw, it is also my understanding that we will be needing a visa for either Egypt or Israel….I was informed that Azamara will do this for us once on board …for a fee of course.  
Has anyone tried to do this on-line?

If so….please give the details!

2 hours ago, Desert Cruisers said:

I just spoke with Azamara rep.  No changes on Greece policy.  He said just show up at port and if test is still needed, we can provide.  Will continue to monitor situation as some cruise lines are more proactive in changing the rules on their websites.

Hi,

Yes Azamara can provide the test for a fee $59.00 however testing is available in Athens for €10/20 so if there is no announcement by Azamara test before going to the port if you can.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Desert Cruisers said:

I just spoke with Azamara rep.  No changes on Greece policy.  He said just show up at port and if test is still needed, we can provide.  Will continue to monitor situation as some cruise lines are more proactive in changing the rules on their websites.

When you sail on Oct 18, will you please post your experience as to the need for testing- TIA- we sail OCt 29 on Quest and more confirmation from experiences will help, if Azamara still does not have Athens testing updates on website.