How long did it take to find out about bid?

believe123

I never received a response...lol. Several years ago when I cruised in Yacht Club on Seaside...I posted I was offered a upgrade to Suite in Yacht Club.... I received responses from passengers on same cruise saying they had booked the 2 Suites being offered....which I found interesting!!  Maybe MSC had offered a upgrade to them and were covering their bases...  But with the inconsistent customer service of MSC I wasn't surprised

Edited by lcpagejr

• 1 month later...

I would think for cabins in pricey cat (Aurea, YC, Suites) they would accept sooner rather than later if those cabins are showing as available on booking sites. I would think they would want those filled by bids or dropping prices rather than nothing. (our cruise has plenty of Aurea balconies open and they've been open for a while. Along with a few suites) but maybe not. Just what I would do. I would want ships sailing as full as possible if it was my business.

5 hours ago, mawvkysc said:

Some on my cruise heard this morning. We are 6 days till cruise day. I haven’t heard yet but there is a charge pending on my credit card. We will see if hear anything soon. I’m hoping that is a good sign. 

Yes you got it!!  They won't charge otherwise.

4 hours ago, AerynSun_JohnCrighton said:

I would think for cabins in pricey cat (Aurea, YC, Suites) they would accept sooner rather than later if those cabins are showing as available on booking sites. I would think they would want those filled by bids or dropping prices rather than nothing. (our cruise has plenty of Aurea balconies open and they've been open for a while. Along with a few suites) but maybe not. Just what I would do. I would want ships sailing as full as possible if it was my business.

Depends on the bids. I always bid max and had 1 accepted 10 days out and 1 four days out.

We sailed on the Meraviglia October 23rd. Placed our bid about 30 days prior to sailing. Received an email on October 20th saying our bid to the Yacht Club Deluxe Balcony Suite had been accepted. 3rd time in the YC, best cruise ever in the 14 we have done since 2005. Have sailed Princess, Carnival and MSC.

1 hour ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Yes you got it!!  They won't charge otherwise.

I’m not 100% convinced yet as it just says pending charge on my  credit card. I’ve read 2 different accounts on this forum of people being actually charged but not getting the upgrade. 

3 hours ago, mawvkysc said:

I’m not 100% convinced yet as it just says pending charge on my  credit card. I’ve read 2 different accounts on this forum of people being actually charged but not getting the upgrade. 

I personally would get a lawyer if that happened to me. My contract with them is if my bid is accepted my card will be charged immediately and it's non refundable.

Works both ways, if my card is charged, you don't have the right to change your mind.

I also have time and money and nothing else to do,but that's me. Nevermind once I was onboard that same sailing.

So your card is actually charged for the amount of your bid?

1 hour ago, mscdivina2016 said:

So your card is actually charged for the amount of your bid?

It is showing as pending, not a completed transaction. If the charge actually goes through with no upgrade in real life I can dispute through the CC. 

Edited by mawvkysc

I have a pretty good bid in now, but we're still over a month away.  The cruise is showing as sold out, so it's quite possible I am not notified at all.

I suspect it's directly related to the strength of your bid and how many cabins are open.  If you have a very strong bid and there are plenty of cabins available in the category you bid, I would imagine that, often, they'll accept it sooner.  In a situation like my upcoming holiday cruise, where there are no cabins shown as being available in any category, I'd guess we'd get accepted very late, or not at all.

Edited by Stockjock