Using Spouse’s shore excursion credit

NukeTim

With the HIA promotion, my spouse and I each have shore excursion credit.  My spouse does not / cannot go on shore excursions.

I’ve booked 2 shore excusions under their name & credit.  Will I be able to go on those excursions in their place?  How can I check

into the shore excursion on Navigator in their place?

1 hour ago, NukeTim said:

I’ve booked 2 shore excusions under their name & credit.  Will I be able to go on those excursions in their place?  How can I check

The way I would do it is:

Have spouse's Shore ex 'ticket' on Navigator on my phone,

Accompany spouse  to the 'checkin' area (usual places are BBKings club, World Stage or Billboard on Board) to checkin and receive the sticky tour number badge.

If spouse requires to be taken somewhere, then take them and then kiss spouse goodbye and join the shore ex myself with spouses numbered ticket.

As far as I can ascertain there is no correlation between going ashore at the same time as a shore ex and actually being part of the shore ex (possible exceptions may be places where 'Priority tendering' is used for shore ex (eg Santorini).  

• Like 1

Personally I think you could EASILY get away with using spouse's credits.  Have fun!!

Agree....just have spouse "check-in", change the colored HAL tag onto you, and then walk away.  When you are sitting in the theater area, waiting for your group to be called, just go when called and that is that.  Easy Peasy

5 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

The way I would do it is:

Have spouse's Shore ex 'ticket' on Navigator on my phone,

Accompany spouse  to the 'checkin' area (usual places are BBKings club, World Stage or Billboard on Board) to checkin and receive the sticky tour number badge.

If spouse requires to be taken somewhere, then take them and then kiss spouse goodbye and join the shore ex myself with spouses numbered ticket.

As far as I can ascertain there is no correlation between going ashore at the same time as a shore ex and actually being part of the shore ex (possible exceptions may be places where 'Priority tendering' is used for shore ex (eg Santorini).  

5 hours ago, VacationCharlene said:

Personally I think you could EASILY get away with using spouse's credits.  Have fun!!

Agree....just have spouse "check-in", change the colored HAL tag onto you, and then walk away.  When you are sitting in the theater area, waiting for your group to be called, just go when called and that is that.  Easy Peasy

I'm not sure you even need to go that much trouble (have your spouse check-in and switching tag, etc. after). I actually asked a Shore Excursions agent on the phone a few weeks ago about letting my husband use some of mine and she said "Should be easy to do as nobody checks to see if the person checking in matches the virtual ticket on your phone; they are far too busy to do that.  Just sign up under your name and your husband goes."

Guess it's worth a shot.

Edited by zelker

13 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

In Mexico this past spring, the shorex people actually scanned out room keys. IIRC, it was in the line, onshore, waiting for the vans in Loreto.

The key card is person specific, of course Shorex likely doesn’t have access to the photo database but names I think, yes.

2 hours ago, Mary229 said:

The key card is person specific, of course Shorex likely doesn’t have access to the photo database but names I think, yes.

Just to be clear, we were off the ship and it was the guides ( not HAL staff) who scanned our cards. They didn’t want our “tickets”.

9 hours ago, LindaSSF said:

There are no more colored tags. The tickets are now virtual on your Navigator app. The tour staff can also scan your room card to identify the ticket. 

Obviously differences for different parts of the world.

Last month we received the ' blue Hal stickers' with the bus number on it.  

Considering the age profile of HAL guests, this would continue to be necessary in order that people board the correct bus.

Also, tickets continue to be issued as not all cruisers have (or want) a device to host the Navigator App.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LindaSSF said:

There are no more colored tags. The tickets are now virtual on your Navigator app. The tour staff can also scan your room card to identify the ticket. 

That’s the way it was on the koningsdam in Mexico in March 2022.  I never received a ticket although I’m sure I could have requested one or they could have used my cruise card.  As a matter of fact even though I had the ticket open on my phone she insisted on using my cruise card.

Edited by Florida_gal_50

5 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Obviously differences for different parts of the world.

Last month we received the ' blue Hal stickers' with the bus number on it.  

Considering the age profile of HAL guests, this would continue to be necessary in order that people board the correct bus.

Also, tickets continue to be issued as not all cruisers have (or want) a device to host the Navigator App.

We also got the stickers. But no paper tickets.