Murano on Constellation

Cruzinram

Celebrity web site no longer is showing Murano for the purpose of making a reservation on the Constellation. However Daniel Bouland is available. So is Murano still on the Constellation. Perhaps Daniel Bouland is using the Murano space, or is Daniel Bouland only available certain nights

5 minutes ago, canderson said:

Never was a Murano on Constellation.

You are correct. Constellation is a Millennium (M) class ship and only Solstice (S) class ships in the Celebrity fleet have Murano as a specialty restaurant.

• Like 1

The only Daniel  Boulders restaurant on a ship is LeVoyage which is on the Beyond.  
Are you asking about the Chef’s Table by Daniel Boulud?  That is offered on every ship once, maybe twice a cruise, depending upon demand and on the Constellation I think it may be held in Tuscan.

• Like 1

I believe that the Daniel Boulud Chef's Table is held in Tuscan Grill.  It is offered I believe on the first night and if there is a demand for it, possibly another night as well.  There was never a Murano on Constellation (or any M class ship).

4 hours ago, canderson said:

Perhaps you're thinking of the original, wonderful specialty restaurant space that was quite some time ago taken over by Qsine/Petit Chef?

M-class used to have speciality restaurants named after ships such as The Olympic (Millennium), The Normandy (Summit), the SS United States (Infinity), and Oceanliners (Constellation).  They each had artifacts taken from historic ships.  We really enjoyed those restaurants!  (They were reminiscent of Reflection's Murano.)  I believe those restaurants were replaced with Qsine (which we enjoyed) which has now been replaced with Le Petit Chef (which we don't enjoy)

• Like 2

When we sailed on Constellation there was a French restaurant. Can’t remember what it was called but we ate there 3 times at least. I particularly remember it as I’m GF & chef would make me a desert soufflé which usually I’m not able to have. Happy days - I still remember that soufflé! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wineoclock said:

When we sailed on Constellation there was a French restaurant. Can’t remember what it was called but we ate there 3 times at least. I particularly remember it as I’m GF & chef would make me a desert soufflé which usually I’m not able to have. Happy days - I still remember that soufflé! 

That would have been Oceanliners.  They had two signature soufflé - one sweet (chocolate) and one savory (goat cheese).  

Last time I was on Connie I mentioned to the Maitre d' in Luminae how I missed old the X specialty restaurants vs. Qsine, and in particular, the goat cheese soufflé.  She surprised me with one for dinner the next night!  

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, canderson said:

...ela, and @wineoclock didn't imagine her visit, she misremebered the name.  Very similar dining experience.

Very correct.  The restaurant very much was Murano, though under a different name.  The M-class ships all had the restaurant with different names/themes as mentioned above.  We routinely refer to it as Murano, regardless of the ship class. 

19 hours ago, Cruzinram said:

Celebrity web site no longer is showing Murano for the purpose of making a reservation on the Constellation. However Daniel Bouland is available. So is Murano still on the Constellation. Perhaps Daniel Bouland is using the Murano space, or is Daniel Bouland only available certain nights

9 hours ago, wineoclock said:

As mentioned above, the Murano equivalent is now gone.  It was a Deck 3 venue that has now been taken over by Tuscan Grille.   The Deck 11 restaurant that was most recently Q-sine is now Le Petitie Chef.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, D C said:

As mentioned above, the Murano equivalent is now gone.  It was a Deck 3 venue that has now been taken over by Tuscan Grille.   The Deck 11 restaurant that was most recently Q-sine is now Le Petitie Chef.

On Constellation, it's flipped.  Qsine/Le Petit is down on 3 in the old Oceanliners space, and Tuscan is up on 11.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

Does the Tuscan Grille on Constellation have views?

37 minutes ago, canderson said:

If you get one of the seats by a window, absolutely!

Yes! Great views if you can get one of the window seats!

• Like 1