Cabin size question

We are booked in cabin R207 on the Enchanted, our 1st sideways cabin. The cabin info in the booking process says the size is 166-175 square feet. If I look at the cabin by pulling up the deck plan it says it's avg. 175 Sq ft. Just wondering if it might actually be 175 sq. ft. That would be nice. Similar question for cabin R507 on the Ruby. Thanks for any info & input. 🙂

Edited by 1965

1 hour ago, 1965 said:

We are booked in cabin R207 on the Enchanted, our 1st sideways cabin. The cabin info in the booking process says the size is 166-175 square feet. If I look at the cabin by pulling up the deck plan it says it's avg. 175 Sq ft. Just wondering if it might actually be 175 sq. ft. That would be nice. Similar question for cabin R507 on the Ruby. Thanks for any info & input. 🙂

Unless you need the upper berths, avoid the sidesways cabins with upper berths.

They are a huge intrusion.

51 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

Thanks! I'll check. 

Edited by 1965

2 hours ago, 1965 said:

I have heard these are slightly larger as well at 175sq ft.  I booked R233 and R227 on the Enchanted.  My sister and I are both solo travelers and the price was right so they should be perfectly adequate for us!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roberto256 said:

Looks like our cabin on the Enchanted sleeps 4. We only need 2. I've read that on the new ships the upper berths pull down out of the ceiling so are not in the way like those that fold up against the walls. Any idea how to learn which kind is in our cabin? Thanks.

1 hour ago, 1965 said:

Looks like our cabin on the Enchanted sleeps 4. We only need 2. I've read that on the new ships the upper berths pull down out of the ceiling so are not in the way like those that fold up against the walls. Any idea how to learn which kind is in our cabin? Thanks.

A friend of mine is on the Enchanted this week. He's in an inside cabin with the berths that jut out from the walls. 

2 hours ago, 1965 said:

I've read that on the new ships the upper berths pull down out of the ceiling so are not in the way like those that fold up against the walls. 

This varies by deck and location.

Have a look at this thread:

Edited by Roberto256

3 hours ago, 1965 said:

Our son is booked in an inside on Discovery Princess. It has bunks that stick out from the walls. If you don't need 3 or 4 people in the cabin I would suggest changing your location. It's easy to check by changing the number of passengers to 3 (or 4) when looking at the deck plans.

• 1 year later...

Hi,  We are booked in R207 for a 20 day cruise in November this year.  We only need space for 2.  I would really appreciate knowing if you stayed in this cabin and your experience. 

Thanks,

Jean 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, may flower said:

Hi,  We are booked in R207 for a 20 day cruise in November this year.  We only need space for 2.  I would really appreciate knowing if you stayed in this cabin and your experience. 

Thanks,

Jean 

It might depend on the particular ship. Not all Princess ships are the same... We have stayed in Caribe Deck balcony cabins on a number of ships. On the Grand Class they have an extra large balcony but on the Royal Class they have dinky little balconies. I don't know if a Riviera Deck cabin would be different from ship to ship but it may be important.

Edited by Thrak

15 minutes ago, may flower said:

Thanks,

Jean 

Which ship ?  The deck plans should give you some indication 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, may flower said:

Princess Enchanted and the deck plan shows a red dot and that indicates it has can have 3 or 4 in the cabin.

If there are only two of you run. Get a cabin that can't accommodate 4 people. You will have beds on the walls that take up a bunch of space. I will never sail in one of these cabins.

image.jpeg.0b644b93ea09fd69c84c6dbd50277b31.jpeg

On the Princess site change the setting from Any to 4 and don't book a cabin that is highlighted.

image.png.ddb627e60c07fe3e10ce1810e08748c8.png

Edited by Thrak

Sometimes the beds come down from the ceiling. I haven't been able to figure out how to tell if our cabin has them from the ceiling or on the walls. But it looks like the cabins in our section have them in the ceiling. 🤞

Thanks for your help.  My Travel Agent did get us changed to a different cabin without the bunks.  I am not sure R207 had the bunks coming from the ceiling or the walls but we did not want to chance the situation the photo portrayed.

Jean

• Like 1