Suite Breakfast Sabatins

cactusrose

If you have gratuities paid for by Princess (as part of a package or promotion) or by yourself (if you did not book the Plus or Premiere package) then additional tipping is not required unless you want to give any server additional cash gratuity. The servers are included in the general gratuity. 

Edited by bagney
Grammar
  • Like 1

At Sabatinis breakfast you don’t usually have a main server. They all serve you.

On our recent Enchanted TA, we tipped all six of them equally, and gave the host at the door, Viktor, a little extra. They were all wonderful!

• Like 1

We pre-pay our gratuities, but do give additional tips when warranted. On a two week cruise, we tipped our four waiters ten dollars each and the head waiter twenty. That’s equal to about four dollars a day for two people. I’m sure others tip more, but that’s what we did. I have also observed others leaving a daily tip on the table.

• Like 4

On 9/26/2022 at 2:45 PM, partybarbie said:

We pre-pay our gratuities, but do give additional tips when warranted. On a two week cruise, we tipped our four waiters ten dollars each and the head waiter twenty. That’s equal to about four dollars a day for two people. I’m sure others tip more, but that’s what we did. I have also observed others leaving a daily tip on the table.

We left a daily tip at the table

• Like 3

1 hour ago, david63 said:

I know that this is an American/British thing but why are you leaving tips when they are already paid?

Do you leave a tip for the checkout operator at the supermarket?

We tip extra in Sabatini's because the level of service exceeds the level that you have pre-paid for in the regular dining room or buffet.

No, we don't tip at the supermarket. 😉

• Like 4

1 hour ago, partybarbie said:

We tip extra in Sabatini's because the level of service exceeds the level that you have pre-paid for in the regular dining room or buffet.

But the point is that this is about suite breakfast and you have also paid for this privilege in the cost of your suite - how Princess reward their staff is their business - not mine

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, david63 said:

But the point is that this is about suite breakfast and you have also paid for this privilege in the cost of your suite - how Princess reward their staff is their business - not mine

You don't have to tip extra, but you were asking why people do. In the United States, we tip 15% for good service and 20% for excellent. The tips I have already paid would equal the 15% and the little extra that we leave bumps it up to the 20%. I also have no problem not leaving the extra if it's not warranted. 

• Like 5

On 10/1/2022 at 7:45 AM, david63 said:

I know that this is an American/British thing but why are you leaving tips when they are already paid?

Because you can never be sure that the tips that were prepaid actually make it to the server.  

On 10/1/2022 at 10:19 AM, david63 said:

Again this is just a personal opinion.  I won't call anyone cheap for not leaving a cash tip and I don't expect anyone to call me extravagant for leaving a tip.

• Like 3

On 10/1/2022 at 7:45 AM, david63 said:

No because those people are paid an acceptable wage and their position is not one that tips are expected.