MedallionClass app is showing incorrect loyalty level

MsSoCalCruiser

I have never had this problem before until now. I booked a cruise for next year and the medallion class app Is showing my loyalty level as being blue instead of elite.  I did call about it and they are opening a ticket but I wondered if anyone else has had this problem. It would not allow me to make my dining reservations because I was not platinum, elite, or in a suite. They did make my dining reservations for me.  Anyone know what’s going on?

15 minutes ago, antsp said:

Have you checked the captain circle number is yours, not a new one just for this booking. 

I could not figure out where to find my captain Circle number in the medallion app but I acted like I was going to order my medallion and that showed the correct loyalty level.

It must just be another glitch of the day in their app but how irritating is that?  I will say they answered on the first ring which I really appreciated but I was quite shocked.

7 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I could not figure out where to find my captain Circle number in the medallion app but I acted like I was going to order my medallion and that showed the correct loyalty level.

It must just be another glitch of the day in their app but how irritating is that?  I will say they answered on the first ring which I really appreciated but I was quite shocked.

It has been reported by a few posters recently and have been calling the IT team and getting a ticket to fix it.

One issue, if the App is wrong CC status, then it wouldn’t allow the 50% discount for the internet.

On the App you can also click on your photo and it shows a sea witch with your color or check the MedallionNet and see if it shows your 50% discount.  Unless you already ordered it.

• Thanks 1

My new glitch of the day is the app displaying about a 1/2 dozen cruises I put courtesy holds on, and never booked.  Still shows my 2 booked cruises however and my previously made dining resides still intact so there’s that at least.  

Rando AF but will probably self correct within 48hrs. 

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I have never had this problem before until now. I booked a cruise for next year and the medallion class app Is showing my loyalty level as being blue instead of elite.  I did call about it and they are opening a ticket but I wondered if anyone else has had this problem. It would not allow me to make my dining reservations because I was not platinum, elite, or in a suite. They did make my dining reservations for me.  Anyone know what’s going on?

I had the same problem (I posted a thread about it). I called many times, Live Chat and wrote an email to - 

Askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

In the subject - HELP! Elite Status App Error

- with Captan #

- booking #

- cruise date

- ship

Explain your problem

I started calling Sept 15, send email Sept 22 to Ask Ocean Medallion, resolved Sept 27 received an email from Ask Ocean Medallion Sept 28 telling me the issue hasd been resolved

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, phabric said:

I had the same problem (I posted a thread about it). I called many times, Live Chat and wrote an email to - 

Askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

In the subject - HELP! Elite Status App Error

- with Captan #

- booking #

- cruise date

- ship

Explain your problem

I started calling Sept 15, send email Sept 22 to Ask Ocean Medallion, resolved Sept 27 received an email from Ask Ocean Medallion Sept 28 telling me the issue hasd been resolved

You did better than me. Called/emailed at about the same time. Only got a reply saying they were working on it. Still waiting 

• Like 1

Just now, travellingnana said:

You did better than me. Called/emailed at about the same time. Only got a reply saying they were working on it. Still waiting 

I think when I called after 6 calls, 7 hours on the phone,  I had a Customer Service agent that was very helpful and willing to look into the problem.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

It has been reported by a few posters recently and have been calling the IT team and getting a ticket to fix it.

One issue, if the App is wrong CC status, then it wouldn’t allow the 50% discount for the internet.

On the App you can also click on your photo and it shows a sea witch with your color or check the MedallionNet and see if it shows your 50% discount.  Unless you already ordered it.

On the photo it shows a blue sea witch.  I do not have Princess plus this next cruise so I will definitely want the 50% Internet discount.

It still shows the wrong loyalty status on the MedallionClass™ app using my iPad.  I can’t even open the application on my iPhone. It just spins in a circle and says let’s cruise.  Does anyone know how to correct this issue?

Did Princess find out that I just went on two Royal Caribbean Cruises?  What the heck!  The funny thing is when I was on those two Royal Caribbean cruises all I could think of was that I missed the medallion and app. Right now…not so much!!

8 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I uninstalled and reinstalled. I can now open the app on my iPhone but it is still showing the wrong loyalty level. It’s been a rough day, lol.

Sorry you’re having issues. It really sounds like the Medallion App team needs to correct it for you. 

If you’re not leaving for a while, don’t stress over it.

Also, sign out of the App and sign back in.  Try shutting down your iPhone and then back up. May correct some of the minor issues.

As far as the CC status, I’d send a message to 

A360ad7@carnival.com

Request their help updating your Captain Circle status on the App. Tell them all you have tried and what the issue is.

Make sure to include full name, ship and  sailing date, booking number. 

If your account shows the correct status, then honestly it should show up correctly to those on the ship. But I understand.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I uninstalled and reinstalled. I can now open the app on my iPhone but it is still showing the wrong loyalty level. It’s been a rough day, lol.

I had the same problem with the loyalty status.  All my bookings show Elite but the APP showed blue. For the APP, I would logged out, log in, uninstall and reinstall mnay times. Princess have made a few updates on their computer system.

I made many calls to Princess to Ocean Ready, Customer Service, email, Live Chat trying to correct my status on the APP.   All my booking show Elite, and have only used one Captain Circle number.  Ocean Ready would transfer me to Customeer Service saying it is their problem, Customer Service would look then say they would send an email Medallion Dep as it was their problem.  They keep saying you can purchase NET at full price and get a refund as refundable OBC once onboard.

Finally, I got a Customer Service agent,  who actually took her time to look into my problem. She said Princess uses email address, name, phone number to recognize passengers, a new system.  She found myself and cabin friend had 2 Captain Circle numbers each.  She corrected that problem and said it would take 24 hours for the computer to recognize the Elite.  It was more like 72 + hours with a phone call from Ocean Ready.

For my August cruise, I did not need to purchase the NET so really did not look to close to my photo on the APP, as I was able to book dining as Elite and all the other sections it did not matter what status you were. The APP showed me as blue (should have been black) and cabin mate was Ruby (should have been grey). When we picked up our medallions at the port, mine was Black and my cabin friend was Platinum the correct status and this was before all my calling when I got back home..

Try asking Customer Service if there are 2 email adresses for you/husband?

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

As expected my medallion app is back to “normal” today and only showing my two booked cruises. All the phantom sailings have disappeared.  As with most glitches I find things self correct given patience and time, something several boards members could learn methinks.

I’m glad everything is working for you. My app is still showing the wrong status but I figure I will wait a few weeks and then contact them again if needed. Thanks so much for your help!

I have done NINE cruises on Princess for a total of 148 nights. 

Princess has "LOST" any record (booking numbers) of SIX of those cruises, a total of 103 nights.

I have emails from Princess... to me... showing the six "lost" booking numbers and my progression to Platinum. Captain's Circle reps at corporate have utterly ignored any and all communication from me on several different occasions. 

It seems they expect ME to forget those 103 cruise nights worth of loyalty just like they did.

I am planning on presenting hard copies of those emails and even all of my saved cruise cards from those trips to the Captain's Circle rep on my upcoming cruise. I can't wait to hear their explanation.

Edited by teecee60

10 minutes ago, teecee60 said:

Princess has "LOST" any record (booking numbers) of SIX of those cruises, a total of 103 nights.

I have emails from Princess... to me... showing the six "lost" booking numbers and my progression to Platinum. Captain's Circle reps at corporate have utterly ignored any and all communication from me on several different occasions. 

It seems they expect ME to forget those 103 cruise nights worth of loyalty just like they did.

I am planning on presenting hard copies of those emails and even all of my saved cruise cards from those trips to the Captain's Circle rep on my upcoming cruise. I can't wait to hear their explanation.

Oh, that’s awful. I’m sorry to hear this.

17 hours ago, phabric said:

They keep saying you can purchase NET at full price and get a refund as refundable OBC once onboard.

Try asking Customer Service if there are 2 email adresses for you/husband?

Thank you.  How much is Medallion Net with the Elite discount?  I would not be interested in paying full price and getting refundable OBC on board.  

I’m single so no worries about two emails.😊

13 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you.  How much is Medallion Net with the Elite discount?  I would not be interested in paying full price and getting refundable OBC on board.  

Pre-cruise regular price for a single-device-at-a-time package for the full cruise is $10/day. With Elite/Platinum discount it is $5/day.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, teecee60 said:

Is it possible that you have 2 CC numbers?  Recently, members have reported having duplicate CC accounts, when they only registered once.  I’d have them check it out by using yiur name, phone and email address. If you have used 2 email addresses it could be linked to those.